Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiled brat daughter writes nasty post on Facebook, father shoots her laptop

The dad is a twat for doing that imo. I don't find it funny, just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Playing devil's advocate, it could be argued that the daughter posting her diatribe on Facebook in the first place was embarrassing to her parents too.

From what I gather, this seemed to be a "last resort" sort of thing. I put my hat off to parents anyhow, but I know the teenage years can be very frustrating in general.
    I think that's what is motivating him to do this publically... to embarass her back. But he's the grown up in this situation so he needs to check his ego and parent her, not stoop to her adolescent level.

Easier said than done with some teens/kids, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    So take the computer away. But making a video announcing one's parenting decisions so that you can have the congratulations of strangers is just weird.
    This. Some matters should be kept private. Based on the father's behavior, I'm not surprised his daughter bitches about him.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I think that's what is motivating him to do this publically... to embarass her back. But he's the grown up in this situation so he needs to check his ego and parent her, not stoop to her adolescent level.

Easier said than done with some teens/kids, but still.
    I do agree with this. From the video, it he had previously taken the computer away when she talked crazy on Facebook, but depending on people's outlook, this response would be considered either disproportionate retaliation or "cool and unusual" punishment, and I do see where both sides were coming from. At the end of the day, he is the parent and what he says goes as long as the daughter lives under his roof. I'm pretty sure it was more than the Facebook post that led up to this. Three sides to every story and all...
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; February 10th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

From his FB:

Attention Media Outlets:
    While we appreciate the interest you're all putting forth to get in touch with us regarding the video, we're not going to go on your talk show, not going to call in to your radio show, and not going to be in your TV mini-series.

Some of you think I made an acceptable parenting decision and others think I didn't. However, I can't think of any way myself or my daughter can ...respond to a media outlet that won't be twisted out of context. The Dallas news TV news already showed that in their brief 5 minute interview with the psychologist.

Additionally, there's absolutely NO way I'm going to send my child the message that it's OK to gain from something like this. It would send her a message that it's OK to profit at the expense of someone else's embarrassment or misfortune and that's now how I was raised, nor how she has been raised.

So I say thank you from all of us. If we have anything to say, we'll say it here on Facebook, and we'll say it publicly, but we won't say it to a microphone or a camera. There are too many other REAL issues out there that could use this attention you're giving us. My daughter isn't hurt, emotionally scarred, or otherwise damaged, but that kind of publicity has never seemed to be to have a positive effect on any child or family.

If you're a news outlet that wants to ask us a question, feel free to so via email. I'm sure by now my email address is easy enough to find. It might take me awhile to get to a response because I'd have to sort through the "Die you bastard" emails to find it, but we will respond if its something that we feel merits it. Otherwise, sorry... no interviews, no talk shows, no call-ins.

If we respond to anything, it will be on here, and it will be in a way that our words can't be misconstrued or edited for appeal to specific audience or shock value.

Now, I'm going to try to get to work for the day.
    Best of luck to all of you out there... and PLEASE give my phone a break.

From his FB:

Additionally, there's absolutely NO way I'm going to send my child the message that it's OK to gain from something like this. It would send her a message that it's OK to profit at the expense of someone else's embarrassment or misfortune and that's now how I was raised, nor how she has been raised.
    also from his facebook:

One person even suggested collecting the shell casings and auctioning them on eBay. I said Id do it if it would help contribute to her college fund!
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I'm with dad. I don't think he violated her right to privacy. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the concept in general when it comes to parents & kids, but something posted on facebook is not private, regardless.

Also, kids are not 100% the result of their raising. They're born with personalities and free will, and they're influenced by the rest of the world, not just their parents. Sometimes, all it takes is one bad friend to shift a kid away from his or her family. How many times have y'all heard a parent say (or said it yourself) "I didn't raise you that way!" I've said it when my kids did something against what I'd taught them. If kids behaved exactly like we trained them, parenting would be a breeze. It's unreasonable to see a snapshot of one situation and immediately fault the parents.

As for shooting the laptop, I don't see the big deal. I bet it got her attention. I'm not entirely comfortable with him making it public, but she blasted her parents more or less publicly so I guess he sees it as tit for tat.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I'm with dad. I don't think he violated her right to privacy. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the concept in general when it comes to parents & kids, but something posted on facebook is not private, regardless.

Also, kids are not 100% the result of their raising. They're born with personalities and free will, and they're influenced by the rest of the world, not just their parents. Sometimes, all it takes is one bad friend to shift a kid away from his or her family. How many times have y'all heard a parent say (or said it yourself) "I didn't raise you that way!" I've said it when my kids did something against what I'd taught them. If kids behaved exactly like we trained them, parenting would be a breeze. It's unreasonable to see a snapshot of one situation and immediately fault the parents.

As for shooting the laptop, I don't see the big deal. I bet it got her attention. I'm not entirely comfortable with him making it public, but she blasted her parents more or less publicly so I guess he sees it as tit for tat.
    Vouch. Besides it kind of made me laugh.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

On one hand, it's a waste of a perfectly good laptop. He could have just donated it to an underprivileged kid (struggling college student?) who would have appreciated it.

I think it's way nervy that this twat would use something that was basically given to her as a gift, something a lot of kids don't have the luxury of...not to mention the freedom that goes with it, just to publicly bash the ones that provide her with it. Especially for something as piddly as being assigned some chores she was too lazy to do.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It's been my experience that IT people tend to be really casual about equipment.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

What I don't understand is people complain endlessly about how out of control and disrespectful kids are these days because parents don't actually parent anymore,yet when a parent tries to hold their kid accountable for their shitty behavior people cry foul. This brat had been warned before about her nonsense. This dad actually followed through on his threat instead of just letting her get away with posting a public letter full of whiny bullshit for all to see on her fb page. This lazy little snot got what she deserved.

I don't see anyone here complaining that the kid was punished.

I don't see anyone here complaining that the kid was punished.

I'm not talking about here specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    What I don't understand is people complain endlessly about how out of control and disrespectful kids are these days because parents don't actually parent anymore,yet when a parent tries to hold their kid accountable for their shitty behavior people cry foul. This brat had been warned before about her nonsense. This dad actually followed through on his threat instead of just letting her get away with posting a public letter full of whiny bullshit for all to see on her fb page. This lazy little snot got what she deserved.
    I'm not crying foul over some kid being held accountable for their behaviour but the manner in which it was done. Parenting as a public spectacle is ridiculous. It's attention whoring parenting. Look at me, I'm disciplining my child! I'm rather glad my kids respect me because I'm worthy of their respect and not because I've had to resort to threatening them or trashing their belongings. The father handled this in a really immature way.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information