Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: For Spider-phobes, one of the worst (but harmless) things you'll ever see....

I used to be deathly scared of spiders (when I was 10 yrs old and trying to fall asleep, I just opened my eyes and a massive one landed on my pillow an inch away from my face. Needless to say I screamed like bloody hell until my mother running in my room and killed it (heart palpitations or what?!). Anyhoo, back on track, it wasn't until I moved out on my own, there was a small cute spider who stayed in his corner in my kitchen ceiling, I made peace with him and called him Edgar. As long as he stayed in his corner (in the kitchen) he was ok. But then after a few months, he had wandered in my bedroom ceiling and I thought, "That's it". So out he went with help of a broom.

That's what I do now, I never kill them (it's not their fault God made them that way), so I put on my rubber gloves (if I'm feeling extra scared), take my broom and put them outside. Everybody lives, including me.
    MmeVertigina and Brookie like this.
    Go Habs Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Not in my house. I'm telling you, they climb the wall, cross the ceiling and drop on me. In the last few years, I've had two or three on my person! I don't even kill them. And they still fuck with me. They know I'm terrified of them, they can smell my fear, I'm sure of it
    LOL this would be me the last few days. I had 2 spiders on me before I went to bed last night. But not because they dropped on me! I just wasn't looking when I was sweeping cobwebs in my bathroom.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I woke up in the night a few years ago with a spider crawling over my face and down my cleavage, so yes, that bastard died. Died smooshed against my boobs. So some would say a good death.
    Kittylady and shedevilang like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

How about this story: I always brush my teeth before going to bed. One morning, when I was a teen, I woke up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Took a cup of water to swoosh in my mouth prior. When I spat out the water, I saw two or three spider legs that came out. I rinsed the water down super fast so I wouldn't stare at it and get further grossed out. But I knew a spider went in my mouth when I went to sleeeeeeep!!! Uuuugghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Habs Go!!

^ Even I would be freaked out by that!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I don't mind the daddy long legs...It's the bigger critters that freak me out. I live in the Mojave desert and we makes em' big out here...But not as big as those Golden Orb Weavers y'all have out in Australia. Gaaaahhh!!

When we were on vacation we had a spider on our bedroom wall that was huge! My brother in law posed beside it while his wife took a photo so we could have context as to its size. It was the size of his face. And hairy. With thick legs.

He then caught it in a vase and removed it to the patio.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information