Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: As seen on TV products reviewed

Ok I admit I bought the little yellow and white egg holder things that you can make a soft boiled egg or a hard boiled egg in the microwave.. it works.

And back in the day of BIG hair I bought the Tap Teaser..it was great to tease your hair.. got it BIG. I still have it.. I hear big hair is coming back.

*can't wait*
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Oooh, I want one. Those rule for making a bubble flip...

*grow hair, grow*
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

omg do you guys remember the clear plastic (like a hand mirror that you could see through but curved) thing that they sold in the 80's so you could use the whole can of Aqau Net without getting it in your eyes, nose & mouth? I didn't get it but I just remembered that thing..
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    omg do you guys remember the clear plastic (like a hand mirror that you could see through but curved) thing that they sold in the 80's so you could use the whole can of Aqau Net without getting it in your eyes, nose & mouth? I didn't get it but I just remembered that thing..
    I totally remember that thing!!! That was hilarious. I think they had them at the salon my Nana used to go to!!!

It was a good idea, actually...the products used on hair in the eighties to the degree that they were used were pretty bad for your lungs...I've heard as bad as second-hand-smoke.

'course they had nothing on the perm solutions of the twenties
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Okay I must admit, I have the swivel sweeper, which works pretty good, and the battery recharges. It is easier than dragging out the Dyson to vacuum up some crumbs on the carpet.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

Tater Mitts Saga: Chapter 2

After reading some of your posts I decide to try again with the tater mitts, this time cooking the potatoes first. I do not go to the web site and read the instructions (again), I just assume boil means cook. After I cook the potatoes (in the skins) I take them to the sink, clutch one in my tatermitted hand and rub - the potato immediately explodes into thousands of tiny pieces. My potato is useless. I stare at the mitts and think, "maybe I was supposed to boil them for only a few minutes, not until they were done." But then, since I didn't read the directions I really don't know...I just don't want to do this tater mitts thing anymore.

^ Poor thing, give it up, just peel them the old fashion way.

I have the turbin thing too. My mom has the PedEgg and she loves it.
    Mel, I didn't know they had that stuff at Walgreens; thanks a lot, now I will be running there after work. I love this kinda stuff too. Bill Mays ROCKS.

I really want that chopper.

This thread is hilarious. My mom bought this stupid product she got from the As Seen On TV store. She got this stupid peice of shit:
    INFOMERCIAL RATINGS.COM - PASTA EXPRESS REVIEW

The "pasta Maker". From what I saw, you put the pasta in the container and you boil water then when the water is boiled you dump it in their for the pasta to cook (might as well put the pasta in the boiling water in the pot durr). Well anyway she put some macaroni in it and after like 20 minutes, she turned it upside down to drain and the lid on top FELL OFF and the pasta went in the sink. And the macaroni was'nt cooked well, it was like a cylcinder-sized log of macaroni fell out of it.

My mom uses it as a vase now. LOL

Here are some other ones that I used to beg my mom for:

The BeDazzler

Bead Magic

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    Tater Mitts Saga: Chapter 2

After reading some of your posts I decide to try again with the tater mitts, this time cooking the potatoes first. I do not go to the web site and read the instructions (again), I just assume boil means cook. After I cook the potatoes (in the skins) I take them to the sink, clutch one in my tatermitted hand and rub - the potato immediately explodes into thousands of tiny pieces. My potato is useless. I stare at the mitts and think, "maybe I was supposed to boil them for only a few minutes, not until they were done." But then, since I didn't read the directions I really don't know...I just don't want to do this tater mitts thing anymore.
    OH my lawd! This made me laugh so hard! You are a cook after my own heart!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

I also want a Ped-Egg. Does it work?

I have a Magic Bullet (the chopper, not the sex toy, you perv).

It's great for chopping up dry goods and ice, but not quite as skilled at onions and garlic (which is why I wanted it).

Mind you, it makes a great smoothie and the cups and lids are very useful for Bullet and nonBullet applications.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

MY SIL loves her magic bullett.. I bought the glass lense fixer.. made my glasses worse. I also bought that button putter onner thing. sucked.. I can not help myself from trying that stuff either.. I bought that stomach shocker thing for your abs?? that thing was a torture device. love the hair towels have like 4 of them..
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistify View Post
    MY SIL loves her magic bullett.. I bought the glass lense fixer.. made my glasses worse. I also bought that button putter onner thing. sucked.. I can not help myself from trying that stuff either.. I bought that stomach shocker thing for your abs?? that thing was a torture device. love the hair towels have like 4 of them..
    My daughter bought that stomach thing - she paid a fortune for it and really believed it was working until some attorney general shut the thing down and charged them with fraud. Then she was embarrassed!

I'd love to have some of those little lights you put in drawers and cabinets. I just never seem to see them. Half the stuff you can't get sent to Canada anyway.
    Last edited by Chimera; April 26th, 2008 at 06:53 AM. Reason: added stuff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information