Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Reasons My Son Is Crying

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    This is why I could never be a mommy. You people have the patience of saints. I'd walk away from the little crappers, and let them die, if they started this hysteria over broken cheese or their boots. !
    LOL! On the bright side, it was a pretty brief phase.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That kid's got issues.
    Yeah, this kid's got exceptionally many things that set him off crying. Way many more than we experienced.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I started off smiling, but looking through the entire blog....What an advertisement for birth control...Amazing to the people that can parent, but LAWD just seems like such hard work. I can't imagine working, parenting and sustaining a household at the same time.

Looking after my cousins when I was a teenager was lots of fun, but I felt exhausted after only a weekend!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissyAutomatic View Post
    I started off smiling, but looking through the entire blog....What an advertisement for birth control...Amazing to the people that can parent, but LAWD just seems like such hard work. I can't imagine working, parenting and sustaining a household at the same time.

Looking after my cousins when I was a teenager was lots of fun, but I felt exhausted after only a weekend!
    Shit, after 3 hours with my nephews I'm shell shocked. It's like being inside a fog.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I think perhaps this kid is crying all the time is because the adult caretaker isn't interacting with him at all and just constantly takes pictures, plus he looks exhausted and in some of those pics, he is long past due for a diaper change.
    McJag, Beeyotch and Just Kill Me like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

i am so thankful that my kid is pretty damn chill and doesn't throw too many fits. i can definitely count of one hand the number of major fits that he's thrown. i am crazy about him getting enough sleep, though...12 hours every night and i'm pretty strict about it, damnit. regarding behavior, age three has definitely been more challenging than age two, though.

hahah, as i typed that, he got pissed because he couldn't push one of his toy bins back into the shelf. he got over it quickly, though, with nary a tear or fit.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    A friend posted this on facebook a month or so ago... I have a 4 year old and it was sort of disheartening to see that too many of them I've heard before...

46 Reasons My Three Year Old Might be Freaking Out

DECEMBER 13, 2012

Some of these are total guesses. Educated guesses, but guesses nonetheless. Seems like it’s hard being a kid.
    His sock is on wrong.
    His lip tastes salty.
    His shirt has a tag on it.
    The car seat is weird.
    He’s hungry, but can’t remember the word “hungry.”
    Someone touched his knee.
    He’s not allowed in the oven.
    I picked out the wrong pants.
    His brother looked at him.
    His brother didn’t look at him.
    His hair is heavy.
    We don’t understand what he said.
    He doesn’t want to get out of the car.
    He wants to get out of the car by himself.
    The iPad has a password.
    His sleeve is touching his thumb.
    He doesn’t understand how popsicles are made.
    The inside of his nose stinks.
    Chicken is gross.
    A balloon he got six months ago is missing.
    A puzzle piece won’t fit in upside down.
    I gave him the wrong blue crayon.
    The gummi vitamin is too firm.
    Netflix is slow.
    He jumped off the sofa and we weren’t watching.
    He’s not allowed to touch fire.
    Everything is wrong with his coat.
    There’s a dog within a 70 mile radius.
    A shoe should fit either foot.
    I asked him a question.
    His brother is talking.
    He can’t lift a pumpkin.
    He can’t have my keys.
    The cat is in his way.
    The cat won’t let him touch its eyeball.
    The inside of his cheek feels rough.
    Things take too long to cook.
    He has too much food in his mouth.
    He sneezed.
    He doesn’t know how to type.
    The DustBuster is going to eat him.
    His mom is taking a shower.
    Someone knocked over his tower.
    He got powdered sugar on his pants.
    The yogurt won’t stay on his spoon.
    EVERYTHING IS TOO HOT.

46 Reasons My Three Year Old Might be Freaking Out
    kids are just funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    LOL! i love all your stories, little kids are serious drama queens.
    They absolutely ARE. I consider my snowflake "one of the good ones" too. But, there have been times (actually only one) in stores when I've had a buggy full of groceries and he asks for a toy, I say "no", he has metldown... I remove melting snowflake from buggy, explain the horror of the beating he's getting when we get home, kid gets strapped into carseat, I drive home to the music of the snuffling in his sleep. The trick with ALL kids is that they have to know that they are NOT running the show and they are NOT running the parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    She also cries when I won't let her stick her finger in the dogs nostril. If too much steam is coming off the food. If I don't let her put the waffle (those damn waffles) in the toaster. If the toast takes too long to toast and if it doesn't come out of the bag already toasted. If I don't let her take all of her socks out of the drawer. If I pour the half and half in my coffee and she's not there to watch me do it. The list goes on and on.
    My son's greatest meltdown was when he was reclining in a bucket (yes, he's THAT kid) while watching Wheel of Fortune (because he loved the sound of applause and loved to join in) only to realize when he TRIED to stand that his legs were asleep! Kid stands up, gets this shocked look on his face and keels over like he's been shot and starts slapping his legs like a maniac whilst screaming bloody murder! I still laugh at that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I am the exact same way. I hear my friends talk about having to get up in the middle of the night multiple times to feed babies, and I'm thinking I would just put in earplugs and feed them in the morning. They can't possibly starve to death in a matter of a few hours, right?
    The earplug + whiskey + sleeping pill has not been invented that will get you through the night...
    Surely not! Doesn't good sleep make one a better mommy anyway? See, these aren't the things one can ask without getting horrified responses.

I listen to my friends with kids and wonder why they make it all so difficult on themselves. It sounds like a competition in self negation to me - how much can a mommy sacrifice for baby. They all tell me my attitudes would change if the kid were my own. But experimenting with a living, breathing child in the hopes that my personality would change doesn't seem like sound judgement.
    wise move. it really IS different when it's your kid but we all do have those moments when we're walking through the house in the middle of night with blood shot eyes thinking "tha fuck was I thinking"!
    <slaps head> Oh right, the food/growth thing.

Generally though it's the mothers with 2-4 year olds who claim to not have slept the night in years, those aren't doing it right.
    they are definitely NOT doing it right. Kids that old are sleeping through the night IF you've properly done your damn job!
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I think my kid might be defective. I don't have any stories about her being mad at me for singing or putting creamer in my coffee without her there. I don't even remember a full blown temper tantrum although she must have had some. She'd get whiny when she was tired. That's about it.
    Oh gosh, reminds me of my son... when he was around 2, we would share a little bag of chips once a week or so and when we were "finished", I'd dump the crumbs in my mouth... until about the 4th time when he crosses his arm over his chest and says "just WHY do YOU always get to drink ALL of our chips?"
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    My oldest was super-chill as a baby, but my youngest was soooo like this kid. Hollering about nothing all the damn time.
    My mom says that's the way it works or nobody would ever have more than one child. I took that shit to heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I'm with you. I know she must have had some major melt-downs, but it almost always had to do with being tired or about a day or two before a major growth spurt.
    Yeah, it's like the pain of childbirth... you tend to minimize the further down the line it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
    i am so thankful that my kid is pretty damn chill and doesn't throw too many fits. i can definitely count of one hand the number of major fits that he's thrown. i am crazy about him getting enough sleep, though...12 hours every night and i'm pretty strict about it, damnit. regarding behavior, age three has definitely been more challenging than age two, though.

hahah, as i typed that, he got pissed because he couldn't push one of his toy bins back into the shelf. he got over it quickly, though, with nary a tear or fit.
    It's really all about the proper training. Sleep is majorly important to growing children and some parents don't really seem to get that. Schedules and routines MATTER, dammit!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

until about the 4th time when he crosses his arm over his chest and says "just WHY do YOU always get to drink ALL of our chips?"
    shedevilang likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I so don't miss this at all. Now I get the door slamming, stomping up the stairs, and the occasional "YOU ARE SO...SO...UNFAAAAAAIR". I swear my boys act like PMS'y teen girls...
    I have a teenage boy they only get worse, mine just threw a fucking fit because he came home with a bag of candy and I made him share with the little kids. He got put in the corner, yep I'm that mom act like a 3 year old I will treat you like one
    Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Oh, yeah. You definitely roon the song if you sing along.

"No, stoooop. You don't sing, Mummy, only I sing."
    that is the one thing I refuse to turn over to the kids the radio is MINE lol and I turn it up loud to drown them out
    Surely not! Doesn't good sleep make one a better mommy anyway? See, these aren't the things one can ask without getting horrified responses.

I listen to my friends with kids and wonder why they make it all so difficult on themselves. It sounds like a competition in self negation to me - how much can a mommy sacrifice for baby. They all tell me my attitudes would change if the kid were my own. But experimenting with a living, breathing child in the hopes that my personality would change doesn't seem like sound judgement.
    This cracked me up
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    My oldest was super-chill as a baby, but my youngest was soooo like this kid. Hollering about nothing all the damn time.
    My oldest wasn't bad but gotdamn that middle one would follow me around and throw herself at the ground, my mom was how can you just step over her? I was like if you give in they won't ever stop! The youngest has alwAYS been the good kid and will tell you now that she's the tweet one(she has a speech thing it's really fucking cute)
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

When my friends boy was 1 1/2 he wanted an object high on a shelf so badly. He asked for it and was told no, that's a decoration. He cried, cried and sat, stood, ran, stood still, (we tried not to laugh). Finally he banged on the front door to get out. We said where do you want to go? He really didn't talk much but he kept crying for the upstairs neighbor. Kept calling out her name and banging on the door. She was going to come and save him from the bad Mommy and bad friend.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information