Page 175 of 294 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4410
Like Tree7805Likes

Thread: Random funny shit

US gym teacher becomes internet hit after wearing same outfit for 40 years

A retiring Texas gym teacher has become an internet sensation after wearing the same 1970s tank top and shirt throughout his entire 40-year career.

PE teacher Dale Irby wore the same 1970s tank top and shirt for every yearbook photo from 1973 until his retirement this year Photo: Dallas Morning News / SWNS.com

8:42AM BST 04 Jul 2013

Dale Irby, of Dallas, wore the same disco-era outfit for every single yearbook photo from 1973 until his retirement this year. After the Dallas Morning News published a story on the end of his four-decade fashion statement, the images went viral, attracting more than 1.3 million hits on the news website.

The 63-year-old said the tradition was started by accident after he wore the brown V-neck and pointy-collared cream shirt for Prestonwood Elementary's annual photograph for two years running from 1973.

Spending most of his professional life in gym shorts, he had little in the way of formal wear so when the school asked the teachers to "wear something nice" for the photo he just grabbed one of the few suitable items from his sparsely populated wardrobe.

“I was so embarrassed when I got the school pictures back that second year and realized I had worn the very same thing as the first year,” Mr Irby told the Dallas Morning News.

But his wife, Cathy, dared him to wear the same combination for a third year running, and, with the encouragement of his students, the joke went on and on. “After five pictures,” he said, “it was like: ‘Why stop?’”

40 years on, he no longer wears the dated ensemble all day but slips it on for the shoot. It still fits, he said, "if I suck it in a little".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-40-years.html
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

That's super funny.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

There's only one year without a mustache and, dare I say, he looks pretty darn good without it...handsome even.

I found my ex's blog the other day. He was the reverse of this; I don't know what point it was that he decided he didn't need facial hair but her was WRONG. Guy has the weakest chin ever.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Weak chins are the WORST on men. Ugh.

Love that PE teacher so much. Hilarious.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

True. Also, that is a crocus.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

70s tank top? We called them sweater vests where I come from.
    McJag likes this.

Pranked TV Station Reports “Ho Lee Fuk,” “Wi Tu Lo” As SF Crash Pilots

Bay Area Fox affiliate KTVU purportedly learned the names of the flight crew of Asiana flight 214, which crashed last Saturday at San Francisco International Airport, killing two. These—"Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow"—are not their names. The newscaster's credulous reading puts it over the top.
    This aired just after noon, local time. Via Gawker, the station read a statement later in the broadcast:

Earlier in the newscast we gave some names of pilots involved in the Asiana Airlines crash. These names were not accurate despite an NTSB official in Washington confirming them late this morning. We apologize for the error.

Update: The NTSB has released a statement, confirming that an intern confirmed the names of the flight crew to KTVU.
    The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.
    Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.
    The NTSB does not release or confirm the names of crewmembers or people involved in transportation accidents to the media. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today's incident.
    Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated.

i wasn't sure if it was posted anywhere, since the search function sucks.

http://deadspin.com/pranked-tv-stati...o-as-758955806
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post

This is very true.
    greysfang and Karistiona like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I nearly had sex with a ginger last night. He's stolen a lot of souls.
    Laurent likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

And that is all you are going to share with us?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Ahh the elusive sexy ginger man. We need deetz!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

One of the best parenting quotes ever.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Ahh the elusive sexy ginger man. We need deetz!
    Speaking as a redheaded female I have to tell you have more chance of finding rocking horse shit than a hot ginger man.
    Karistiona likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Thread Information