Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Post Secrets

I'm glad they are being reposted here... the "archive" on the site only goes so far back and it's great to read these and wonder about the people who wrote them. I've been wanting to send a few in for a while.

I still love these damned things. I think we all do little things that we don't want the whole world to know about... go ahead post your secrets Penny Lane...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

some of them arent even secrets anymore, just random observations.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    some of them arent even secrets anymore, just random observations.
    Yeah, a sign it's jumped the shark!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

yeah, again, half of them arent secrets..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Update on this PostSecret that put a smile on my face

-----Email Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:18 AM
    Subject: timecard you're not alone

My son just wrote Santa last night asking for that special present and I didn't have the heart to tell him that "Santa's" back injury has kept HER from waiting tables the past two weeks .

my secret:
    I wish Santa Claus was real so on Christmas no child would have to go without and no parent would have to feel like they failed there child.

-Amber (with permission)

-----Email Message-----
    Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 12:11 AM
    Subject: re: timecard you're not alone

I know I cannot do this for every child out there, but if you would tell her that there is someone out there willing to try and buy their son that gift, then I would appreciate it very much.

I am a college student with a limited budget, but it would be a lovely Christmas present for me if I were able to put a smile on the faces of two strangers on Christmas morning.

-----Email Message
    Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 11:53 PM
    Subject: RE: timecard you're not alone

First off let me tell you how thankful I am to you and your wonderful offer. I was not in anyway expecting any sort of help I just wanted to let this person know they were not alone.

Gratefully yours,
    -Amber

[Frank's Note:] (I asked Amber to set-up a PayPal account using this email address for those of us wanting to help.)

[update:] (PayPal Account information removed, as per Ameber's request.)

-----Email Message-----
    Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 4:05 PM
    Subject: extra credit good karma AMBER

I made a donation and I was surprised at how good it felt. One does not have to be a millionaire to feel the joy of being generous.

-----Email Message-----
    Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 5:04 PM
    Subject: RE: timecard you're not alone

Frank,

Santa Claus is real and is alive and well. He lives in you and others like you all over the world. I am overwhelmed by the love and generosity strangers have shown my family today. I never would have imagined it would get as large a response in such little time as it has. Not only will I be able to afford the present he asked for but clothes and other necessities I had been putting off.

At this time I am asking that you remove my paypal account from postsecret and I urge anyone else who wants to help someone in need to get into contact with their local community action centers.

Thank you for making my wish come true,
    -Amber

ps I will send pictures of christmas morning!
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

i love these books!!!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    This one scares me. I briefly met a trucker who said that he drove in underground tunnels from the Midwest to DC. Said that's how the government transports secret materials around the country. Said he had to wear special glasses for a day or two afterward because his eyes became accustomed to being in the dark.
    Yeah, there's a lot of weird stuff that the general public isn't supposed to know. My dad drove his dad to work one day and apparently there's more than one way to get into the White House. Dad was always sure he did it on purpose, just to prove a point, lol.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

1/03/2009

Sometimes I forget to take my anti-depressants and I have just a fleeting moment where I am truly happy and I smile once again.

Each time that I have a genital herpes outbreak, I curse the guy who raped me. But I hate myself even more and I have to live with it the rest of my life.

I feel stuck in this pathetic life.

- I let an amazing girl forget about me.

I'm married but I dream and fantasize about someone else to the point of falling in love with her and becoming her slave.

You told me that you still love me, and the truth is, I have always loved you -- and I will love you for my whole life, no matter what happens.
    Thank you for being the one who believed in me.

We're not together any more. I hope you know that I still like you and always will. It hurts a lot when you don't say hello. I like you a lot.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4

I've only seen you three times, but still I get the feeling that you are a part of my life.

It hurts. Everything is alright. It'll be ok ...

It’s an ongoing art project where contributors open their hearts about love, sex and life, but PostSecret turned decidedly dark when one anonymous member submitted an apparent murder confession.
    The postcard features a Google map with an arrow pointing to a spot, accompanied with a note, which reads: “I said she dumped me, but really I dumped her body.”
    Of course, the “secret” could well be bogus, but the post generated a flurry of speculation – and an official investigation.

When the card made it onto Reddit, users pinpointed the location as Chicago’s Jackson Park, Daily Dot revealed.
    A police spokesman told the Chicago Tribune the authorities had received an anonymous call about the postcard and that a police search had turned up nothing – though the information has been passed to detectives.
    It is not known if PostSecret head Frank Warren contacted the police himself and the matter has opened a debate as to what responsibility the site has to flag such confessions up to the authorities.

Some readers have questioned Warren’s decision to publish the card at all, with Twitter user @MeggRo asking: “Why is domestic violence okay if portrayed through a ‘secret’ on a ‘secrets’ website?
    Reddit sleuths have been in hot water previously when a crowdsourcing exercise wrongly identified a missing undergraduate as one of the Boston bombers.
    Sunil Tripathi had been suffering from depression and was later found dead. The moderator of the thread posted an apology for the misidentification and pain caused to his family.

Indeed Reddit was the scene of a similar “confession” recently, when one user posted a “Confession Bear” meme to allegedly confess to murder.
    The meme is generally used for more lighthearted “confessions”, but Redditor “Naratto” wrote: "My sister had an abusive meth addict boyfriend. I killed him with his own drugs while he was unconscious and they ruled it an overdose."
    The confession turned out to be a hoax.

PostSecret Murder Confession? Anonymous Internet User Claims To Have Dumped Ex-Girlfriend's Body In Chicago Park

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information