Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone calls from the dead

Default Re: Phone Calls from the Dead

I love this stuff.

I read all the stories and most of them were soooo comforting (except Scary Voice...wtf was that???)

I believe in so much of this kind of thing and wish that I'd get a call from someone.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think that they do. Like it's a dimension not visible or accessible to living people on Earth but existing simultaneously and like, right on top of us. Sometimes people somehow briefly see or enter it (either through near death experiences or just sort of accidentally/inexplicably) and I think that's what happens when they see a ghost or something that no one else sees. They are somehow seeing into this other dimension. I don't know how to explain it in a way that really makes sense though!
    dimensions are more like time, a point between time, a path between two times, all pathways through time/all pathways through time and space, a line between all time and space, etc, etc

you're thinking more alternate realities or parallel universes

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    dimensions are more like time, a point between time, a path between two times, all pathways through time/all pathways through time and space, a line between all time and space, etc, etc

you're thinking more alternate realities or parallel universes
    Linear algebra (God knows how many freakin' dimensions we find in our calculations there, lol), general relativity... numbers and theories are our way to try to understand what we really can't understand. Our brain is too limited; we have to create understandable metaphores in order to have a vague idea of what we can actually see. If that's the case for all that's physical and "known", can you imagine us even trying to conceive in our minds ideas of what lies beyond our poor sensorial perceptions (as well as that of any technological gadgets we have)?

I won't talk about personal beliefs here; all I know is that the phone, besides being a physical pressure/electric converter (and vice-versa), serves the purpose of letting our personal energies go through the wire. The same goes for any external sources of energies.

SVZ

I do believe in spirits, after life, etc...but in most cases I think people are just seeing natural phenomena or just believing things that they want...

Like those "light orbs" that show up on camera? I remember a show where they showed that (or perhaps all) it's just a reflection of the infrared beam used to auto-focus. I know the chips that digital cameras use are sensitive to infrared (they filter them out at the focus), but im not sure about old style cameras. they never explained it!

this whole area is uncharted...not many people take it seriously (in the science world), and then you have scam artists pretending to be sceances , or amateurs playing around with geiger counters

Gawd if I got a call like that I'd be medicated for years. It would scare the shit out of me. Thank you mom and dad for scaring the shite out of me when I was little with stories about spirits and demons and the devil himself coming into your room at night.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    I do believe in spirits, after life, etc...but in most cases I think people are just seeing natural phenomena or just believing things that they want...

Like those "light orbs" that show up on camera? I remember a show where they showed that (or perhaps all) it's just a reflection of the infrared beam used to auto-focus. I know the chips that digital cameras use are sensitive to infrared (they filter them out at the focus), but im not sure about old style cameras. they never explained it!

this whole area is uncharted...not many people take it seriously (in the science world), and then you have scam artists pretending to be sceances , or amateurs playing around with geiger counters
    Now I agree wholeheartedly with you, SVZ.

The "orbs" thing is jus downright stupid. Plus, because of all the scams, beliefs in spirits and afterlife end up being exposed to ridicule and made a complete joke of, and "know-it-alls" will say that only stupid people believe in things of the sort because "it's easier to believe than to understand" for the "not-so-intelligent". I personally think it's the other way around.

Re: dimensions> did anybody see the movie "Frequency"? It had some nice stuff, but largely very implausible things. I think the writers in their enthusiasm got ahead of themselves and lost the "frequency"

Nevertheless> I kinda liked it.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I was listening to a radio program a few years back about EVPs and ghost hunting. So I tried to capture an EVP on my hand held mini cassette recorder. I was trying to talk to all the now dead people I knew. And I got one. It's clear as a bell. The voice said "nervous". It totally freaked me out big time. There were no tvs or radios on in the house. It was a brand new tape with nothing recorded on either side. It wasn't a female voice, and it didn't sound like a normal voice would. I tried it several more times after, and never got another one.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Woah, sprynkles! That is freaky! I wish you could post it so we could hear it. So strange that the voice said 'nervous', since you yourself were probably nervous about trying to get a recording. Almost like whatever the voice was, it was verbalizing your feelings.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

ok now I am officially creeped out.

Up until a few years ago, I got hang up phone calls every March, around the birthday of a guy I used to date and who got a little bit stalkerish when we broke up. I assumed it was him - I did see him cruising the apartment parking lot where I lived after the breakup and got a LOT of hang up calls when I first got remarried in 97 so I know he did the stalker thing for a while at least. In 2000 I bought my house and still got the March calls for at least the first two years we lived here.

I just found out today he died in 1999.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Corsair, you just gave a major case of the creeps! Wow, these stories are amazing!!!
    I've never had any of the phone call phenomena but I have seen a few ghosts. The ghosts are real. My exhusband, who was your typical 'non-believer' became a beleiver when he saw the same things I did. He used to tell me that ghosts seem to follow me These apparitions never spoke to me and they seemed to always show up in their 'regular' spots.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

I wonder what pops up on call display...

I sure don't want my mom to call me because I would be MAJORLY freaked out.

Eli

isn't that funny though- i wouldn't want my mum to call me either if she was dead. yet, really there would be nothing to freak out about. it's as if, subconciously, we think that if an ex-loved one contacted us after death, they're automatically evil and out to harm us.
    i'd have to keep reminding myself- it's my mum, it's my mum, she's not evil.

But maybe she is evil...now.

Well I think that if she did call me it wouldn't be a good sign because she knows how I am and that I would be scared shitless lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information