Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone calls from the dead

Default Re: Phone Calls from the Dead

^^ Does the 2 month time period mean anything to you? Has anyone passed that you or your husband knew? Is there any history in your home?

I don't know much about this phenomenon, but it has been happening fairly consistently with my friend who lost her husband on 6/7/06.

I'd look into it. On the flip side though, my future ex-husband worked at a place where the alarm company would ring our house in the middle of the night for a period of time, until we complained about it.

Good Luck

SVZ

It costs....YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli

Ooooh.
    I can smell the lackluster movie already: "911- Calls From Beyond".

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905
    ^^ Does the 2 month time period mean anything to you? Has anyone passed that you or your husband knew? Is there any history in your home?

I don't know much about this phenomenon, but it has been happening fairly consistently with my friend who lost her husband on 6/7/06.

I'd look into it. On the flip side though, my future ex-husband worked at a place where the alarm company would ring our house in the middle of the night for a period of time, until we complained about it.

Good Luck
    The 2 months doesn't mean anything but our house is over 130 years old and was an estate sale (single, elderly man) when we bought it. There has been a handful of "odd" things to happen over the 8 years we've lived here. When we first bought it a previous owner saw us outside an stopped to chat, he asked if we had seen anything and told us a few of his stories. I do NOT get a bad feeling at all so if there is one, it's a happy ghost

My husband has lost a brother and sis-in-law in the past 3 years and his other brother has a terminal illness though.

Eli

I think the creepiest thing out of this creep-fest phenomenon was when they mentioned that they heard the sound of the phone hanging up on the other side...
    They have phones in heaven???

Makes me wonder if heaven is actually a real place like here, as in reality, and not like we all think.
    Anything's possible!!

Thanks for bringing me sleepless nights.

I beat anorexia.

I lived in a haunted house for about a year (2000 - 2001) and many times my husband would hear someone dialing our cordless phone - you know, the beeps the buttons make. Usually it was early morning after I had gone to work. More than once he got up to see if I was home only to find the phone sitting in the back bedroom, which we only used for storage.

I wonder now if it was our ghost trying to call someone .

very weird. I do think heaven is another physical place like here, but maybe in another dimension or something. But then i also wonder if time isn't layered here on earth (which may explain ghostly sightings from the past) all times taking place at the same time in the same place. divided by some type of dimension or differences in electrical frequency.

(getting out my tin foil hat now)..

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

I remember reading a ghost story when I was little about an old lady living in a house by herself and the phone kept ringing for like 3 nights in a row and she could hear voices saying different things to her so she called the operator and complained to the operator about it and the operator had a repair man go out and look and the next day they reported back to the lady that the a wire had fallen in a cemetary down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium View Post
    very weird. I do think heaven is another physical place like here, but maybe in another dimension
    I have always thought that it was in another dimension and that occasionally someone will tap into it by accident, resulting in things like seeing a "ghost" or deja vu.

SVZ

dimensions don't really work like that

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I remember reading a ghost story when I was little about an old lady living in a house by herself and the phone kept ringing for like 3 nights in a row and she could hear voices saying different things to her so she called the operator and complained to the operator about it and the operator had a repair man go out and look and the next day they reported back to the lady that the a wire had fallen in a cemetary down the street.

^^I love that!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium View Post
    very weird. I do think heaven is another physical place like here, but maybe in another dimension or something. But then i also wonder if time isn't layered here on earth (which may explain ghostly sightings from the past) all times taking place at the same time in the same place. divided by some type of dimension or differences in electrical frequency.

(getting out my tin foil hat now)..
    I don't disagree with you on this one. My own experiences with the supernatural lead me to believe we're living in layers existing simultaniously. That rustling noise you here is me molding my tin foil beanie.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    dimensions don't really work like that
    I think that they do. Like it's a dimension not visible or accessible to living people on Earth but existing simultaneously and like, right on top of us. Sometimes people somehow briefly see or enter it (either through near death experiences or just sort of accidentally/inexplicably) and I think that's what happens when they see a ghost or something that no one else sees. They are somehow seeing into this other dimension. I don't know how to explain it in a way that really makes sense though!

Eli

Great so when we die, we'll have to live amongst man-eating dinosaurs?
    Boo!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information