Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muffin tops

I've always found jeans to be the hardest item for most women to buy.

I tend to have the same brands repeated in my closet, when I find one that I like the fit of I buy a few pairs, hem one pair for flats, leave another pair long for heels.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^^
    same.
    all my jeans right now are either diesel or mango, those seem to be the 2 best brands for me and they make great grey/black jeans which are my favourite.
    they also make jeans with a wide waist band which is the only kind i'll wear and i find they reduce potential muffin top
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^Those are cute. They remind me of my favorite pair I wear over and over again that i got from a thrift store.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^^^^
    yeah i don't know what brand they are but i found them googling for pics of jeans with wide waistbands. they're a bit higher-waisted than what i usually go for but i think it actually works here.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ Love those jeans above. I have a few pair of pants with the same wide waistband and they are so comfortable and flattering.

I actually have an easy time of buying jeans/pants. I do have some hips but not much of an ass and my problem is usually having too many options to choose from.

My problem area is my chest. I am 2 sizes larger on top than the bottom and I struggle to find decent tops that fit and don't look too matronly. There are so many cute dresses/tops out there, especially for summer, and I find I can't wear most of them. I don't even want to discuss bathing suits.

i had no idea this thread was turned into a jeans discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think it's the fault of super low-rise jeans. ... but then i buy jeans that actually fit, and i don't wear them with super short, super tight tops.
    yeah, i agree. in my experience, tops & shirts in most stores (esp. the lower priced chains) are too short. and i don't think i have an abnormally long torso. i think i can count the number of stores here on one hand where they sell shirts & tops that actually fit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    I agree about it being a major undertaking to find jeans that fit well. My problem is that I have full hips and a small waist, so if jeans fit me through the hips, they gap at the waistline.
    same problem. i try to minimize it by using a good belt.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I've always found jeans to be the hardest item for most women to buy.
    i agree. it can take an awful long time to find a decent pair that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I tend to have the same brands repeated in my closet, when I find one that I like the fit of I buy a few pairs, hem one pair for flats, leave another pair long for heels.
    same here.

also, i only wear straight & tapered jeans these days. and it's not easy finding a nice pair of those in an overwhelming offer of boot cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I have found with my ass being of the 'shelf ass' variety that I just can't pull off the lowcut jeans, and the high cut make me look like I'm wearing mom jeans. Sometimes I can find them in between...and inch or two below my navel but at least 3 inches higher than my GD pubic bone, but most of the time they put you in one extreme or another.

Low rise jeans just aren't flattering to an hour glass figure I don't mind that they're out there, but I wish someone would think of the shapely but not dumpy gals out there who can't pull them off and put more pairs of jeans on the shelf that FIT us!
    This what looks best on me too, but you're right it is harder to find. It seems like everything is either so low it's a clit grazer, or so high it's right under your tits.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

i haven't seen 'clit grazers' (i'm stealing that, btw) in ages though. i think those were all the rage around the time britney released her 2nd album and for a few years but in the past few years waist lines have actually gotten highter. there are still low-rise jeans around but they're not as low as they were, say, 5 years ago. and this is especially the case ever since skinny jeans became the norm - they've actually got higher waists than we were used to seeing.

My fat ass can't fit into anything but Levis. No variety for me.

Quote Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
    i had no idea this thread was turned into a jeans discussion.
    Let it never be said we give up a chance to talk about our own phat asses
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Uh, oh, jeans... I prefer straight and low cuts, and straight legs. Since I'm not at all tall even after 2 kids I can shop in tesco's kids section (age 12-13 or 13-14 depending on the cut) and I still need to lose a couple, my thighs are just way too big. So no skinny legs for me at all... Never ever. My bloody calves don't fit into them somehow.

Two days ago I pulled on a pair and to my horror I was one of those gals on the pics. It took me 2 seconds to rip the jeans off me and ran out the shop.

If it's ain't for my body shape I don't put them on. Pretty simple. Oh, and don't go for a size smaller, if you need the psychological aid, change the labels inside to feel better...

I find that Old Navy has a lot to choose from. I am very tall (6 ft) and no longer skinny. They have 3 -4 different rises that will work for most body types. And yeah.... longer tops help a lot!!

Muffin tops

When I wear certain jeans, it makes me look like I have a muffin top. My best friend would always point out I have one, but the thing is I have barely no ass, a small waist, and hips. My jean sizes are 0 or 1. Those are the only sizes that will fit me right. How is it that I still look like I have a muffin top?
    A woman has the age she deserves.
    -Coco Chanel

with those certain types you either have to wear a size bigger or ditch them altogether. Have you lost a fair amount of weight in your life? could be extra skin. If you love those jeans, opt for loose tops that cover it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information