Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Most epic Facebook brand meltdown ever

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I bet she is loving the backlash on them.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Some are speculating that it's a money laundering place. That's why Samy is the only one allowed to touch the register or the pre-check machines. The theory goes that Samy is ringing in fake meals or tossed food and then feeding in funds that need cleaning.

ONLY A THEORY. It doesn't make much sense, actually, since Samy and Amy were so wild to be on TV.
    Normally, this would be true- no one engaging in illegal activity would want the spotlight on them, especially not via national television... However, these two batshit crazy owners also happen to be textbook narcissists, imo. And Lord knows narcissists love to be center of attention, even if it will most likely bring down their entire illegal empire. Narcissists are so full of themselves they believe they will never be caught in a million years because they are SO MUCH SMARTER than everyone else. Throw away people they are, really.

LOL

MUST DIE! & Getter

One of my favorite stories that has been flooding my Facebook wall is the meltdown of Amy’s Bakery which appeared on Kitchen Nightmares. This is the first time that Gordon Ramsey actually had to stop working with a restaurant after they were too difficult to work with. The internet has not responded kindly to their craziness. Here is a brand new track by MUST DIE! & Getter dedicated to the craziness.''

https://soundcloud.com/mustdiemusic/...er-amys-bakery
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I am still lovin these 2. I just made my 66 year old mother watch this on youtube. she started yelling, "oh my god, the video just stopped when she came out! Get me to part 2, I have to see the rest! GET ME TO PART TWO!" Hilarious.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Here is the original review from Yelp, if I can't post this here, let me know...I'll take it down. http://www.yelp.com/user_details_rev...ghRfGOA&q=amy%
    Joel "vagabond" L.'s Profile Amy's Baking Company - Temp. CLOSED

Categories: Bakeries, Italian, Pizza

8/1/2010
    In retrospect, I should have known better than to step foot into Amy's Baking Company (a.k.a. ABC Bistro).

-8 pm on a Saturday night, three tables are occupied
    -a sign on the door indicates they're looking for an experienced line cook, a dishwasher, waitresses, you name it
    -Pita Jungle, just a stone's throw away, is packed to the gills

These are all bad signs. They go ignored, however, because I'd eaten one thing all day, and I had drove here to try their pizza. Never, ever again.

The waitress brings me out a water and a menu to my table for one on the patio, which I had all to myself. Browsing the apps, I was pleasantly surprised to see several things priced $3, which seemed like a bargain, given the high price of everything else. $3 tapanade sounded like a good deal, but I was informed that it didn't come with anything - it was $3 extra for bread. Since I was solo, I decided to skip it and instead pay $14 for their 12" margherita pizza.

About three minutes later, the waitress drops off my pizza. "Your pizza", she says, leaves a plate and off she goes. I sat for a moment, confused as to how things happened so quickly. I try to grab a slice of the pizza, but it was so blazing hot that I wasn't even going to attempt to handle it. I waited for a few minutes to let it cool off, only to discover that not only had it cooled enough to handle, but was actually well-cooled and most likely reheated. After a closer inspection of the pie in front of me, it was evident that it had been reheated, as there were smaller tomatoes that had spent their time in the oven, and larger tomatoes that had barely been kissed by the heat of the oven.

I took a bite, and was immediately underwhelmed. The crust had very little character, was slightly sweet but had that store-bought quality to it. The pesto tasted okay, but the tomatoes were completely tasteless and overall, it just fell flat. It's margherita - the ingredients need to shine to make such a simple pizza. These ingredients were sub-par. After two small pieces, I decided I was wasting my calories and just gave up on it.

So I sat outside, not eating, and sat. And sat. Where the hell was the waitress? I glanced inside a few times, hoping to catch her eye, but she must have been occupied elsewhere.

The owner comes out. "How'd you like your pizza?" Instead of immediately responding, I asked how it had come out so quickly. In short, he told me another table had ordered it, decided they didn't want it, and it sat in the kitchen for two minutes, who in turn decided to send it out to me since I didn't order anything else.

Me: "Well, it didn't really taste fresh".
    Him: "No, no, our pizzas are the best. Ask our customers. You're the first person since we've opened to ever not like our pizzas".

He got very defensive about the pizza, but I hadn't really launched a harsh criticism on the pizza, just said I didn't really enjoy it. So I sat some more, with an empty drink, and realized they wanted me gone. The owner wouldn't make eye contact with me. The server never came back out asking if I wanted something else. And they still hadn't refilled my drink.

So I sat on a patio, alone, and decided to have a smoke. The waitress comes out...

Her: "Sir, there's a no smoking sign over there, I was told to tell you to not to smoke here."
    Me: "Is this the last f*** you in this experience?"
    Her: "Yes, I think so".

She walks away. I walk inside, pay the bill, and leave. No apologies, no discounts on the bill, nothing. $18 for weak iced tea and shitty pizza.

This is arrogance in its worst form. I can forgive bad food, but I cannot forgive misplaced arrogance and the blatant dismissal of a customer, whether you agree with them or not.

Perhaps the sign on the door should also say, "Wanted: New owner".

I cannot, for the life of me, recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Here is the original review from Yelp, if I can't post this here, let me know...I'll take it down.
    Mme HE IS A HATER!!!! Who doesn't loves pizza that someone else didn't want (well at least they were honest) and pay 18$ for it.

If I would have gone there while PMS'ing I probably would ended up in the newspaper.

A*O

Just watched the 2 Ramsay eps on YouTube. She is a psycho and beyond help. I think Samy might have a slight clue but is so pussywhipped by the crazy cat lady (pun intended) he's trapped. I predict they will burn the place down for the insurance and go back to hustling in Vegas.

I don't get the US tipping culture at all but I do know that waiters either keep their tips or at least pool them.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Mme HE IS A HATER!!!! Who doesn't loves pizza that someone else didn't want (well at least they were honest) and pay 18$ for it.

If I would have gone there while PMS'ing I probably would ended up in the newspaper.
    Amy's response is at the end of that post in a link, it's pretty funny.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Amy's response is at the end of that post in a link, it's pretty funny.
    Here ya go -

"Dear Joel,L. It is blatantly obvious to me why you were ALONE on a Saturday night!
    Read any of the reviews that have been written about us and you will see that EVERYONE loves us!! The only people that don't is our "Competition". We knew you had been sent by another restaurant before you even ordered your $14.00 Pizza.

The Pizza was fresh and amazing. The reason the tomatoes had different texture was because I use three different heirloom tomatoes and some of them are sundried. So of course they are going to have a different texture from the fresh ones!!!
    But perhaps you are only accustomed to tasting the ones that come "fresh from the can!"

Moving on to the "Store bought Dough" Comment. PLEASE!! My dough is made fresh every day from 100% organic ingredients. Perhaps your palate is not sophisticated enough to tell the difference.

As for you having the Patio all to yourself unless you have been living on another PLANET it is summertime in ARIZONA MORON!!! Only TRAMPS and LOSERS want to sit outside in 110 temperatures!!!!
    We are hiring because we are so busy that we need to hire more people. You just so happened to come right after a huge rush. And the people did not change their mind for the Margarita Pizza they ordered. They were still enjoying their amazing Caesar salad and I thought perhaps you would appreciate not having to wait so long for your pizza. Which was just coming out of the OVEN.

I am the CHEF and the owner, and I am the one that made your Pizza.

As for the no smoking comment everyone knows that it is against the LAW to smoke within 20 feet of a public place. But perhaps you think you are above the LAW. Have a little respect not everyone wants to subject themselves to being around second hand smoke.

And as for the overpriced menu items if you think that $12.00 is too much for an ENTRÉE sized ORGANIC Salad or $14.00 is too much for an AMAZING Pizza then perhaps you should go to the PITA JUNGLE that is just a stone's throw away. And if you get lucky maybe you can even dig up someone up to take with you so you can share a $5.00 Falafel.
    Do US a favor and keep your ugly face and you ugly opinions to yourself and go back to the restaurant that you really work at!!

I would LOVE for anyone who reads this review to come to ABC and try our Pizza. If you don't like it then I guarantee you don't have to pay for it.
    "
    MmeVertigina and kasippu like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I read that Yelp review and response right after it happened. It was a "huh??" kinda thing then, as well. This bitch needs to get completely out of the restaurant biz and maybe just stay at home and make pate' for the cats. Certifiable.
    sprynkles and hustle4alivin like this.

Last edited by twitchy2.0; May 17th, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I can't see anything! Bet she was ugly, she's still ugly. Crazy woman.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Switched it for a link. Should work now.

I wonder what happened to her previous restaurant.

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/ViewI...Id=19971056128

-- Stephen Hawking

Nope, still see the angelfire box on her pre-plastic surgery picture.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information