Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Most epic Facebook brand meltdown ever

*giggles she thinks there's vodka left
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

That was gone by the end of the first page after we all looked at Amy's face. I still want to see more of these people's craziness.
    sprynkles likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Okay, so Taylor Chapman should go to their restaurant and do live video surveillance, oh imagine the laughs that would ensue.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Amy's Baking Company Makes Employees Sign Crazy Contract

Friday, June 28, 2013, by Erin DeJesus

[Photo: Amy's Baking Company]

America's favorite restaurateurs Samy and Amy Bouzaglo of Amy's Baking Company whose infamous appearance on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares resulted in a notorious Facebook freakout, hacking claims,deportation threats, and general shitshowiness are at it again. The duo behind the Scottsdale, Arizona restaurant are now allegedly making employees sign a legally binding work contract, complete with "possible monetary penalties" for any breach in the employment agreement.
    RadarOnline has an exclusive look at a document purporting to originate from Amy's Baking Company. The four-page document includes a non-compete clause ("[you] shall not work for any competitor within a 50 mile radius of ABC within one year of termination or voluntary resignation"). There's a $250 penalty for not showing up to work on holidays and weekends (which is mandatory). There is a rule against "unnecessary talking." If you break something or burn food "due to direct negligence," expense "will be taken from your pay check at ABC's cost." Also you cannot have "any type of attitude."
    Signatories of the 20-item "mutual agreement" agree to the following ([sic] to everything, where applicable):1). No Cell Phones allowed while working.
    2). No outside Food or Beverages may be brought inside ABC.
    3). If you fail to show up for your scheduled shift we may penalize you monetarily.
    4). When you show up for work you must be dressed appropriately, and properly covered. And you must be ready to work with your hair pulled back, and hands washed by no later than 5minutes before your scheduled shift begins.
    5). Any type of attitude will result in immediate termination.
    6). You must leave the premise immediately after your scheduled shift, and no family or friends may come to see you while working.
    7). You must remain in your designated working area.
    8). No purses or bags are allowed inside ABC, (exceptions may be made) however upon leaving a designated employee of ABC has the legal right and consent to inspect any and all packages that you may have brought with you.
    9). At no point is any food or any type of open beverage allowed in the kitchen. This is a direct Health Code Violation.
    10). ABC has multiple security cameras and any type of theft will be punished by the fullest extent of the Law.
    11). No visiting or unnecessary talking is allowed during your work shift. This causes distractions and results in loss of product. Any may result in possible harm to you, or to others.
    12). Workers must keep their hair pulled back in a bun and no facial hair is allowed (unless for religious beliefs).
    13). Any product such as food or plates that are broken or burned due to direct negligence will be taken from your pay check at ABC's cost.
    14). Respect and distance must be given to all fellow employees. No harassment or bulling of any type will be tolerated and will be cause for immediate termination. If such an event happens you must report the incident immediately to Samy or Amy Bouzaglo.
    15) You must treat the equipment and all property of ABC with respect .Equipment should be cleaned and maintained nightly as part of your scheduled shifts responsibilities.
    16) Holidays and Weekends are Mandatory, by signing this contract you are accepting that you will be required to work all Holidays, and Weekends. Due to the nature of our Industry this is a necessity and any No-Show will be monetarily penalized with a fee of $250.00.
    17) The recipes and techniques that have been developed by Amy at ABC are exclusive and shall remain confidential. Any removal of recipes will be considered theft.
    18) You must possess a current Maricopa County Food Handlers Card.
    19) The wait staff understands that any and all "tips" are property of the "house." By signing this contract, you agree that you willingly accept a payment of $8.00 to $12.00 per hour to ensure that you will receive some type of payment. Due to the volatile nature of any retail business we are unable to predict when we will have buissness.By signing this contact you agree that you are willfully accepting a payment of $___ per hour instead of tips.
    20) It takes a great deal of time, energy and patience on the part of Samy & Amy (the owners) to train and teach our employees. We are investing in you as a new employee, and we are paying you to teach you. By signing this contract you are hereby accepting that you will be employed exclusively by ABC Amy's Baking Co. LLC. And shall not work for any competitor within a 50 mile radius of ABC within one year of temination or voluntary Resignation, without prior authorization from ABC. Amy's Baking Co LLC. Nor shall you be allowed to open your own business of the same type, within the above mentioned radius.
    Though the document is undated, should it be recent, provision #19 that "that any and all 'tips' are property of the 'house'" contradicts co-owner Samy Bouzaglo's May claim that future servers would be paid $5 an hour and "get all their tips." Not mentioned in the contract: rights to appear on an upcoming Amy's Baking reality show, which the Bouzaglos might or might not be shopping around.
    Kitchen Nightmares Restauranteurs Had Employees Sign Lengthy 'Legally Binding Contract' See It Here! [RadarOnline]
    All Amy's Baking Coverage on Eater [-E-]

Source: Amy's Baking Co. Makes Employees Sign a Crazy Contract - Contracts - Eater National

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Ha, I love the part about them controlling the employment for a year after someone quits or is fired. Wouldn't want anyone to steal their trade secrets.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

At least a third of these stipulations are illegal.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    At least a third of these stipulations are illegal.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, but these loons probably don't care.

I was thinking the same thing ^

Do they really have a non-compete clause for their wait staff? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, especially seeing as their staff aren't even allowed to use the register - so Samy and Amy obviously believe they teach their staff such valuable skills in picking up dirty plates and topping up drinks that they don't want other businesses getting the benefit of their "training". FFS.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

They certainly are crazy. No purses? So I guess you have to be approved to bring in feminine hygiene products? That is ludicrous.

Elite Member

If I lived in AZ, I would so go there, to see the shenanigans firsthand.

16) Holidays and Weekends are Mandatory, by signing this contract you are accepting that you will be required to work all Holidays, and Weekends. Due to the nature of our Industry this is a necessity and any No-Show will be monetarily penalized with a fee of $250.00.
    WTF? They can't do this? I hate these 2, who in the fuck do they think they are?
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I feel sorry for anyone desperate enough to take a job there.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Arizona is in a pickle economically and has almost no state employee protections. It's not surprising that people are desperate enough to work for the Bouzaglos and think this contract is legal.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Thread Information