Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Marney's OCD Thanksgiving Letter

This is why I gave up Thanksgiving with my family. Screw that shit. We just stay home, order Chinese, and then go to a movie.
    BITTER likes this.

Telling someone to "contribute at the adult level" is so damn patronizing.

And just what is wrong with store-brand ice cream? Publix and Kroger sell pretty good private-label ice cream, fuck you very much Marney! And for you West Coasters on here, I KNOW you know about Thrifty Drug Store Ice Cream...

Someone decided to make a short video webisode based on this letter from 0:38-4:50:

http://revision3.com/instmsgs/thanksgiving
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; November 10th, 2011 at 04:46 PM.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Mmmm I miss Thrifty's.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Marney? If I had a dog's name I would torture my family too.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Marney? If I had a dog's name I would torture my family too.
    To be fair, the names were changed in the email. However, I did have a class in college with a guy named Marney...he was a pompous, racist (not trying to go there, but he thought telling me watermelon and fried chicken jokes were funny) douchebag fratboy to the nth degree, so I'm not too fond of the name given these examples.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; November 10th, 2011 at 10:12 PM.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

This is not OCD, please don't cheapen a disease I struggle with every day.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    This is why I gave up Thanksgiving with my family. Screw that shit. We just stay home, order Chinese, and then go to a movie.
    I like your style. That's what Mr Pip and I do, though last October we ordered two fer one pizza, chicken wings and a large poutine for me (the pig) and watched movies here at home.

We do it during the Christmas holidays, too, we aren't bothered with Christmas at all. We don't have kids, grandkidlets, etc. so why bother with all the tedium?

We don't even celebrate our birthdays anymore. That, too, has become very boring. How many times can we turn 39?

The only holiday or special day that I celebrate is New Year's Eve. I drink beer (big whoop! I drink beer every weekend) but I'm always glad to send the old year off on its dark miserable travel into space and begin the new year with a clean white slate. There's that hope that dangles as the year changes, sort of like a chunk of rotten potato dangling under a pig's snout. Gives me renewed energy!

Time to bump this thread! Please ignore the POS above me.
    Air Quotes, Waterslide and Ravenna like this.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

For me, it 's not Thanksgiving without the Peanuts special and this letter. It cracks me up more every time I read it. 15 lbs of mashed potatoes.

While my family usually does a bit of potluck with the traditional meal, I'm too much of a micromanager to allow people to bring 15 lbs of mashed potatoes. I have no problem if people bring whatever they want, but unless I know that person and how (well) they cook, I'm not leaving something as important as the mashed potatoes or asparagus or pie (some people can't make pie to save their life!) up to someone who has to prepare it as though they work in a school cafeteria.

And why the hell are you telling people to bring turnips to Thanksgiving, especially when most of the family hates them? I just have so many questions. I wish someone would make a Hallmark movie out of this letter.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I love Marnie's Thanksgiving Letter! AFP makes a "regulation size serving dish" with the Marnie Letter printed inside:

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2011/...-serving-dish/
    I really want that casserole dish.
    OrangeSlice and Lalique like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Now word in my family is don't even try to enter the kitchen on Thanksgiving. You don't need to bring anything, thank you very much. You may enter the kitchen to make a bloody mary or replenish mine, but that is it. My dad was giving me crap this week about it. I have a system and I don't need any nonsense getting in my way.
    This is EXACTLY how I am when it comes to Christmas dinner. My MIL has taken to doing Thanksgiving. She never asks, but I usually bring some sort of dessert to add to the pile, and since she feels bad if she doesn't contribute in some way for Christmas when we have the usual event at our place, she does one of these two or both: 1. Brings some pies (always store bought, but good quality ones, not that I'd give a shit, since I'm not Marney-the-cunt) or offers to buy and bring the ham (No way in hell am I gonna turn that down, those things ain't cheap!). And everybody has a good time.
    OrangeSlice and Lalique like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

oh.em.gee first time I've seen this.. what a nightmare

Haters, you should be thanking Marney for making Thanksgiving so perfect for everyone.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Tati likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

A*O

Surprise, she has "I am going to stab you" eyes. Obviously ZERO sense of humour and takes passive aggression to the next level. Women like this deserve their own special circle of hell.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I am thankful she is not in my family.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information