Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The lovely ladies of Aintree 2012!

Aintree is so incredible! It's the perfect mixture of money and tacky to be funny without being sad. Nothing compares to it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

• By Gilly Ferguson

Ladies Day worst dressed (Warning: this story includes tans, taffeta, huge hats and more woah-there tans)

Ladies Day looks like a right larf - it's just a shame that some racegoers have fallen at the first fashion hurdle. Don't agree? Vote to save!

Hat Attack! Are these the most shocking Ladies' Day looks?

It’s Ladies Day at Aintree – hurrah!
    Some guests have got it oh-so right, see: Ladies Day Best Dressed: More frocks, heels and hats than you can shake a stick at
    And then there’s the WOAH-THERE tans, double-leopardy looks and frocks so fluro they should come with mandatory shades.
    This lot are working the trends and then some! We love them for injecting some fun back into fashion but the key here is looking fashion, not just flashing.
    For that reason alone – sorry ladies - but it’s a Ladies Day ‘neigh’ from us.
    Don’t agree? Good! Vote for your favourite fashionista below and we'll swap her into the Best Dressed list.
    UPDATED:

And they're off! Are you wishing you were at Aintree too? PA

SUPER BRIGHT FROCKS ARE THE ORDER OF THE DAY! Xposure

Racing fans arrive at Aintree Racecourse in their finest clothes during Ladies Day at the Aintree Grand National meeting Getty

Racing fans arrive at Aintree Racecourse in their finest clothes during Ladies Day at the Aintree Grand National meeting PA / Getty

Turf, a heel fan's worst enemy... Xposure

She looks great but the royal horse type's been caught off guard... Getty

To be fair wearing heels can be an exhausting business! Getty

Racing fans arrive at Aintree Racecourse in their finest clothes during Ladies Day at the Aintree Grand National meeting Getty

Hat attack! Nice nod to the 1920s Gatsby trend though... Getty

Hat Attack! This is our top hat so far... Reuters

Ladies' Day fashion verdict:

YAYNEIGH
    VoteView ResultsShare ThisPolldaddy.com

LOVE the dresses but the turbo tans? Let's hope it doesn't rain... WENN

Working those trends like pro's, but double leopardy is a fashion no-go.... WENN

Ticking off the stripes, feathers and leopard print trends - but woah-there on the tans... WENN

The looks are great. Hmm, perhaps we're just jealous of their tans... Getty

John McCririck - well, we had to, didn't we!? WENN

Great dress, amazing case of HAT ATTACK! Tony Spencer / Daily Mirror

Ladies' Day arrivals at Aintree Xposure

Colour blocking is one thing but these frocks should come with sunglasses... Xposure
    Horses, schmorses! Here are 3am’s Top Tips for winning the Aintree style race:
    At a very basic level, style is not measured in how many trends you’ve ticked off - or how many labels you’re wearing, but how, with a little ingenuity, you nod to the trends and then tailor them to best suit you (preferably via a well edgy thrift store… )
    The biggest style sin a girl can commit (bar velour) is looking like you’ve tried, like really, really tried.
    Hell, even Aintree success stories Coleen Rooney and Alex Curran have fallen upon try-hard times in the past - be it by quadrupling their trends count in one go, or simply layering up label after designer label...
    But as Col’ and Alex prove today, if you really want to make your mark at Aintree, it’s worth adopting the ‘less is more’ approach to dressing.
    *NO, NOT BY GETTING NAKED!
    DO get dressed up to the nines - be it a fluro frock, LOOKATME hat or sky-high heels - but before you leave the limo, remove a bracelet here or a fascinator there...and maybe get some hot water and lemon on those tan lines and fast…
    This way, you'll have sidestepped fashion overkill completely and come out looking right stylish instead. Yes it is that easy, just ask Coleen (below).
    Ladies Day Best Dressed: More frocks, heels and hats than you can shake a stick at
    Fake tan, flashing the flesh and OTT fashion: Is Aintree Ladies Day the most humiliating sight in sport?

Coleen Rooney looked stunning as she arrived at Aintree

Aintree Ladies Day 2012: Pictures of all the worst dressed racegoers throughout the day - 3am & Mirror Online

Glorious!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

The Ladies have arrived!

Racegoers on Ladies Day during day two of the 2012 John Smith's Grand National meeting at Aintree Racecourse PA

Racegoers on Ladies Day during day two of the 2012 John Smith's Grand National meeting at Aintree Racecourse PA

Stylish despite the rain! Xposure

It's really hard to not hum the Boots advert tune to these pictures... Getty

Ladies YAY! WENN
    These pictures make us all warm and happy inside... Getty

The Ladies have arrived -

Queuing is so spring/summer '12... PA

Another great line-up?

Bet the horses are jealous of these new shoes... PA

The horses have nothing on these shoes... Getty

Working jumpsuits, peacock prints and Prada-esque stripes. Nice... WENN

A lady salutes as she poses dressed for Ladies' Day during the second day of the Grand National horse racing meeting at Aintree Racecourse PA

Working maxis to the, um, max... WENN

Fahbulous fascinators?

Loving the peach-coloured maxi dress...you? PA

So far so stylish, just be wary of the Champagne Bar, eh ladies!?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Now I understand why Samantha Brick rates herself.
    Butterfly likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Elite Member

This is now my life's mission to go to this, AND get my picture taken and immortalized on the internet.
    Honeythorn likes this.

I wonder if the (very few) dressed tastefully feel out of place?

It's like a variation on the "People of Wallmart" thread. Jesus, if this is Liverpool's best, I'd hate to see what's L'pool's worst.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I actually really like the dress on the right.

Camilla looked pretty good.

I thought it looked like Camilla too!

And I had the same thought about the yellow and white striped dress, it looked nice, totally out of place at Aintree.

I'm in on the Aintree deal if it ever happens, no way am I gonna pass up a chance to go to an event where the goal is to out-tacky everyone else. Aintree is my tacky destiny.

Oh and I really liked this dress with the skulls, I'd rock it so hard. And I wouldn't even have to be at Aintree, I'd wear it to work on a Wednesday and be like, "What?"

Fran likes this.

I would definitely wear that dress too Bee. It's tacky in just the right, fun way. I would totally bum around town on my day off in that dress, lol.

Hell Yeah! Now I wanna look up who makes it and where to buy it.

A*O

Oh FFS, now you know why I'm no longer British.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Dude, I mean it, let's do this. We'd all go tanning together, get our hair dyed piss yellow... I'm willing to go all the way. I'd even gain weight to make it more authentic. Shopping for tacky clothes is fun.

Pleasepleaseplease.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    GR convention!
    PLEASE make it happen!
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Hell Yeah! Now I wanna look up who makes it and where to buy it.
    Custom made. I recognize the fabric though. I bought some a while back with a black background to make a skirt for my daughter. It's sold out here but this is what you're looking for: A Henry De Los Muertos Sugar Skull Mini Calavera Aqua - $9.98 : Little Cherubs Heirloom, Best custom maternity and baby products. Alexander Henry*Mini Calavera. Pattern looks familiar too. I'll see if I can round that up later.

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information