Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Jonah Falcon, Man With World's Largest Penis, Unemployed In New York

Most of the misinformation I got in life came from the bigger kids on the school bus. Some of it had to do with dicks.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I got some pretty bad misinformation on the bus, too. "Eating someone out is when a girl chews on a boy's penis."

Yeah.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

After one of my younger cousins (who was about 11 or 12 at the time) said on the school bus, he heard you couldn't get a girl pregnant if you had sex with her standing up plus some misinformation about STD's, I immediately drove to a bookstore and bought him What's Happening To My Body? and made him read it. He has one of those mothers who believes if you talk too much about sex with a kid that it'll make them go out and have sex themselves They live in a state that has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates in the country and TPTB only want abstinence only education taught in public schools. Because that's worked out so well for them so far.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; May 1st, 2012 at 08:18 AM.

You did that kid a great service. The state you're referring to is probably where I reside also. My kid goes to a private, Catholic, every-sperm-is-sacred school where they do teach some things, but definitely that you shouldn't have sex until marriage and that even masturbation is evil (which is particularly hilarious). And they don't give this wonderful sex education (such as it is) in its entirety until the 7th grade. Which is years after my kid had already asked us questions that we'd answered frankly and honestly. In other words, he knows better. And knows why they teach what they do.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    You did that kid a great service. The state you're referring to is probably where I reside also. My kid goes to a private, Catholic, every-sperm-is-sacred school where they do teach some things, but definitely that you shouldn't have sex until marriage and that even masturbation is evil (which is particularly hilarious). And they don't give this wonderful sex education (such as it is) in its entirety until the 7th grade. Which is years after my kid had already asked us questions that we'd answered frankly and honestly. In other words, he knows better. And knows why they teach what they do.
    Yes it is. My family is a bit of a ways down the road from you in the Jackson area. You're in DeSoto County, right?

I grew up in California before I moved to Mississippi for high school (Culture shock like a muthafucka) and I had sex education in the 6th grade, and I knew a few things before that (I was an inquisitive child), and I often found myself correcting some adults on misinformation they had about sex - which did not go over well at all. A lot of my friends in Mississippi said they didn't have Sex Ed in their schools - shocking, right?

I don't know how many times people need to be whacked over the head with a newspaper before the evidence (which has been around the world and back for decades now) sinks in that lack of education in this area is exactly why we're ranking the highest in teen pregnancies. Not to mention teen STD rates, kids growing up in poverty, etc, etc. (all the bad shit)
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information