Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate my inlaws!

Reading you guys' stories is enough to make me realize I got off lucky. I get along with my MIL pretty well. She's actually way less annoying than my own mom. And what I do find occasionally annoying is pretty much the same stuff my husband does. So at least we're on the same page there. That's what's important.

The only thing I could imagine worse than having a nightmarish in-law would be also having a spouse who thinks that person can do no wrong.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

inot married yet, 'll have to come back to this thread when i have in-laws

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

My fiance's family is nice to me, so I can't complain too much. It's my fiance that grates my last nerve. lol

Well, you guys should love this site as well!:
    Mother-In-Law Stories and Mother-In-Law Jokes

Occasionaly, someone will post a story in which they are the ones who come off as whiny and bitchy, but other posters are sure to call them on it...!

My MIL is a farking nutjob. She's a 'traditional' catholic...which means they don't believe in Vatican 2, or something else catholic I don't understand. She wears skirts to her ankles at all times, long sleeved blouses and you should, too! She won't go with my children and I to the park because (gasp) someone might be wearing shorts there! Oh, and I'm a slut for going swimming in public, just fyi.

She's obsessed with who's going to heaven and hell and LOVES to talk about who's going to hell (including me and my entire family, btw) with these sad, downcast eyes and prim little mouth barely hiding a smile...so gleefully self-righteous its sickening.

She has cancer now, and I'm sad for her, her husband (Who is really along for the ride in all of this...nice guy, but NO spine) and my husband, but she won't take any treatment other than some stuff her catholic medical guru has her put in her chocolate milk. Its spread from her kidneys to her ovaries but the tumors she had on her kidneys haven't gotten any bigger, so OBVIOUSLY the treatment is working 9_9

She calls periodically to remind us we're going to hell, remind us our children are bastards because I'm (gasp) presbyterian and hubby is now a 'I don't want to get near a fucking church because that's where all the psycho shit I grew up with happens" and thusly, since we married in a presbyterian church, we're not REALLY married in MIL's eyes. I have pointed out to her that we made our vows to GOD and not to her, and that I consider our promise to be to a higher authority, but she remains unimpressed.

The fact that our son's best friend has two moms (married lesbian couple) is just unforgivable and we're condemning him to hell with such an association. Our Christmas cards from them (on the few years we get them) read something like, "Now, at this hour of our savior's birth, is the time to rethink your immortals souls and your dedication to Christ. Love, Mom and Dad"

This summer, since she's basically dying, we cut off half of our trip to disney world to see them. We still stayed in Orlando, mind you, because we are sinful and not allowed to stay in their home (WTFWJD indeed) sop we just drove to their house, outside of town, every day. We were doing REALLY well having a conversation and at one point she looks at me kindly, pats my hand and says, "I think you're a good person and a good mother. I know the only reason you're protestant is that you are ignorant."

Awesome. Check please.

Edit: I would note that I do put some stock in homeopathic medicine. But for me its one of many options that I would try. The fact that she's putting her lot in with this snakeoil salesman drives me bonkers.

And she wonders why hubby ran off and joined the military the DAY he turned 18.

Edit 2: I would also note that my beef here isn't really with Catholocism, though its not something I would choose for myself. Hubby's sister is actually a Nun and I love her to pieces.
    Last edited by WhateverLolaWants; March 8th, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

My ex-MIL was a nutjob as well...but the creepy Alfred Hitchcock type. My husband was the oldest and only son, with 2 younger sisters, one of whom is my age...so you could not run her off with a stick. He knew she was crazy and hated the way she treated his family.

While my awesome FIL remained with her until the kids grew up and went away to school, I have always marveled that he was lucky enough to stay alive. He told me stories that curled my toes. They obviously did not share a bedroom and he awoke one night to find her standing over his bed with an iron (the one you press clothes with) raised over her head ready to smash him in the skull with it. Another time before we were married, I was visiting and her arm was in a cast. I later learned that she had walked up behind him to whack him and he had turned around just in time to see her and ducked. Her arm rammed into the door jamb and broke not only her arm but the jamb as well.

It's been so many years now it's difficult to remember them but that gives you an idea of what type of woman she was. She too was fanatically religious and sang in the church choir. No one would have ever guessed the life she led behind closed doors.

Many years have now passed, but I guess you could say she finally got what was coming to her. She died in a car wreck by decapitation.

Playful~

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Edit 2: I would also note that my beef here isn't really with Catholocism, though its not something I would choose for myself. Hubby's sister is actually a Nun and I love her to pieces.
    Wow! So how does your MIL feel about her daughter? I bet she's a saint in her eyes. How did she treat her daughter pre nun? Did she join the nunnery because of her?

Oh and that's so fantastic too, your son's bestfriend having 2 mums. Your son will have such an open mind when he's older, as he already seems to have.

I actually care about my inlaws but they drive us insane! My husband's mother and sister are dececnt enough people, but totally screwed in the head. My husband was an emotional mess when I first met him, never seen anything like it. But living away from them and getting councelling, he's past all that and doesn't want their drama. We've finally told them to get help! The stories I could tell you guys! Haven't spoken to either of them since having words earlier this year. I don't want my son having to deal with their issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoll2025 View Post
    I like my boyfriends parents, it's his older sister that I hate. She's a two faced bitch who tried to get my bf to break up with me, and hs'e s an incredibly rude cow about everything, when I last saw her in person I just wished I had a big stapler to shut her fucking mouth. Sorry, I had to let that out somewhere.
    You can complain about SILs or sisters or boyfriends on the site, too. That's the beauty of it!

Before I met Bill (Mr. Pippin) I was involved with a man whose sister I loathed. I am a slender person, but I have big bones, and rather large ankles for someone my size.

"You have such fat ankles" was the first thing the ex's sister said to me. Not "hi, it's nice to meet you," nothing like that.

I couldn't fathom her insensivity or stupidity.

I even asked the ex if she'd ever had a boyfriend. It sounds mean, but if you'd been exposed to this wretch, you might ask the same thing.

"Oh, he died at a young age," the ex BF told me.

I didn't believe him.

I figured that if the ex BF really existed, which is questionable, he hurled himself off a bridge to escape that awful witch.

I just looked at her and shook my head because it only seemed that she weighed five hundred pounds, the blimp!

What a beeyotch she was. The best thing I did was dump the wimp I was with for four years and move on.

I not only got rid of the wimp (who I used to love) but I got rid of the sister, too, in one fell swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    Wow! So how does your MIL feel about her daughter? I bet she's a saint in her eyes. How did she treat her daughter pre nun? Did she join the nunnery because of her?

Oh and that's so fantastic too, your son's bestfriend having 2 mums. Your son will have such an open mind when he's older, as he already seems to have.

I actually care about my inlaws but they drive us insane! My husband's mother and sister are dececnt enough people, but totally screwed in the head. My husband was an emotional mess when I first met him, never seen anything like it. But living away from them and getting councelling, he's past all that and doesn't want their drama. We've finally told them to get help! The stories I could tell you guys! Haven't spoken to either of them since having words earlier this year. I don't want my son having to deal with their issues.
    Aw, she's thrilled that Sister is a sister She all but considers hubby a wash and Sister is their pride and joy. I do think Sister would have become a nun no matter what, though. She is a very wonderful, loving person, full of inner peace she shares with everyone. Being brought p protestant, I had always thought of Nuns as being a silly concept until I met her, but she really put a whole new spin on things.

MIL has started to come around a little now that there are grandchildren involved and she has met them. She wouldn't even talk to us at first. She tells me my children 'behave like little angels so she knows I have a good heart'. See, and that was such a dear thing for her to say and then she follows it up by calling me ignorant...ME, when she doesn't even understand the nature of the protestant reformation (Yes, it was all started by Henry VIII and his sexual philandering and had nothing to do with Martin Luther and John Calvin ARGH) She won't even let me say I believe in a legitimate religion.

And I'm glad you are drawing some lines with you inlaws. Sometimes boundaries are the exact right way to show someone you care, especially in families. I'm glad you are able to love them, loving mine can be so difficult/impossible

And oh yes, my boy's bff actually has FOUR parents, lol. He has his Mom and Mom, and on the weekends he's with Dad and stepmum, who are also close friends of ours. His mother and father were only married a year after he was born before the mum came out of the closet. They had a painful but amiable divorce and now have found their partners and are very happy. Best of all, all four of them love kiddo (And my kiddos) to pieces. We've been very lucky to have them in our lives. And now this woman who barely knows her grandchildren implies I'm somehow perverting my children by 'letting' them associate with such a loving family?....she's out of her mind.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

My ex boyfriend's sister was a crazy bitch. She hated me from the beginning and was very jealous of the attention that her brother gave to me. The way she acted around him was so far from what I think is appropriate and normal brother/sister behavior. I posted about this on another thread but I'll just reiterate. When we would come to their house and she was there, she'd change into more revealing clothes. She loved to try on clothes for him and then be like "Honestly, do I look sexy?" and kind of pout, fishing for compliments.

One time we were over there for Christmas and she announced that since they were "both such good dancers" she had choreographed a routine for the two of them to perform for the family. This is something I might have done in kindergarten. Keep in mind at this time he was about 23 and she was 21. She proceeded to do a cheerleader style dance routine with raunchy hip-hop moves and occasional parts where she would shout something like "WHAT!" or "YEA!" and throw her arms up in the air. Even though he usually indulged her weird behavior, even my boyfriend was staring at her like what the fuck?? I felt like I was in a fucking SNL skit and I had to get up and leave the room to keep from laughing out loud.

She was also an extreme hypochondriac who was always pretending to be extremely sick or in pain to get attention from him. She'd call him begging him to come over and take care of her when she knew we were together.

She used to tell my boyfriend that I was mean to her and she would go out of her way to embarrass me in front of him and his parents. Sometimes she would be really nice, and other times she would freak out on me for no reason. One time she cussed me out on AOL Instant Messenger for over an hour because she thought I had been "mocking" her when she mentioned that she had a scar from a surgery and I said "I know, your brother told me you are self conscious about it." After her brother and I broke up, she defriended me on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    the one great thing to come from my recent breakup.... i will never have to ever spend another second with "my son is better than the second coming" and the sibling with evil in their eyes. (sibling scared the shit out of me for a very good reason)
    one time said mother actually had the audacity to ask me to leave a vacation early so they could have "family only time". (mind you, we were basically engaged and it was my damn vacation idea in the first place). she also told me to my face that i was not allowed to move in with him before marriage. (like it's her decision what her grown ass son does??) suffice to say i'm sooo glad she will never be my "family". and i hope my ex gets to spend all of eternity with Pippin's former monster in law.

How dare she? How dare she even think that she can dictate what goes on in your life

I have heard of "my son is the second coming" before, too, usually loser territory. I can't resist but ask why they are in second place?! Also, who produced these specimens? Well, DU-UH!! Don't you wish you could have just one more arguing session with the udderly useless cow after you have thought of snappy answers to the stupid questions?

That is the trouble, you associate yourself with a partner and oftentimes along studdles the mother-in-law, thinking it can dictate what goes on in your life. You need to nip it in the bud immediately and hopefully it is her neck, with a good pair of wire cutters.

After Ol' Mama Bin Laden finally met her maker, the devil, Bill and I looked at each other and sighed with relief. We are believers in the great hereafter, but the old cow isn't going to be in the dimensions we are going to, believe me.

Herman's Hermits didn't record "Mother In Law" for nothing, you know. I tried to look for it on YouTube, but it isn't there, as far as I know. When I was an eight year old kid, I used to snicker at that song. I swear, I had a premonition of the horror that was to come.

Should anything happen between Bill and I, and I doubt it will, we have been together for twenty one years (I am old)
    I cannot recommend the following highly enough:

-- make sure that your partner is an only child....and an orphan![

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Aw, she's thrilled that Sister is a sister She all but considers hubby a wash and Sister is their pride and joy. I do think Sister would have become a nun no matter what, though. She is a very wonderful, loving person, full of inner peace she shares with everyone. Being brought p protestant, I had always thought of Nuns as being a silly concept until I met her, but she really put a whole new spin on things.

MIL has started to come around a little now that there are grandchildren involved and she has met them. She wouldn't even talk to us at first. She tells me my children 'behave like little angels so she knows I have a good heart'. See, and that was such a dear thing for her to say and then she follows it up by calling me ignorant...ME, when she doesn't even understand the nature of the protestant reformation (Yes, it was all started by Henry VIII and his sexual philandering and had nothing to do with Martin Luther and John Calvin ARGH) She won't even let me say I believe in a legitimate religion.

And I'm glad you are drawing some lines with you inlaws. Sometimes boundaries are the exact right way to show someone you care, especially in families. I'm glad you are able to love them, loving mine can be so difficult/impossible

And oh yes, my boy's bff actually has FOUR parents, lol. He has his Mom and Mom, and on the weekends he's with Dad and stepmum, who are also close friends of ours. His mother and father were only married a year after he was born before the mum came out of the closet. They had a painful but amiable divorce and now have found their partners and are very happy. Best of all, all four of them love kiddo (And my kiddos) to pieces. We've been very lucky to have them in our lives. And now this woman who barely knows her grandchildren implies I'm somehow perverting my children by 'letting' them associate with such a loving family?....she's out of her mind.
    Yeah, I imagined she would be the pride and joy of your MIL. And you are so right about boundaries. My SIL had no boundaries growing up, could do whatever she wanted. And she's been able to get away with bad behaviour for years. The amount of special occasions to us that have attempted to be ruined by either of them is more than enough. I feel like we've tried to help them in various ways over the years, but nothing changes and we're always the ones that lose out one way or another. But now we have a child in the mix, I can't stay silent anymore. haha oh don't get me started. I should write a blog about them to get it out of my system. Probably would make for entertaining reading haha it would probably sound made up!

i want so badly to tell stories of my ex-boyfriend's sister... she is pure evil in the worst way. i can't bring myself to say anything, as the ex has had a brush with fame and he'd know it came from me... even though i hate him and wish all the worst on him for the way he treated me, i can't stoop to his level and spill secrets.... basically she did something really horrible and i love to think that his mother raised her wrong. sister was the obvious bad child and the ex was clearly treated as the one that redeemed her as a mother.

ooh, i hate that woman. that whole family.... well the father was fine, never had a problem with him. but he sucks by default.

Funny site, I liked this one

I should call Hooters!! And have them pick up both my SIL's!! they are full of augmented boobage and layers of blush, eye-shadow, and lipstick. Not to mention mascara!!
    They get sooooo sluttily clad! even in 30-degree weather!! but at least they respect their PRECIOUS bodies and put long coats on!! these women are three yrs. OLDER than DH and me. They are married to his older bros.!! Even their late-teen kids are embarrassed!!

Know what they said to me?? "Aunt ------, I am so wishing you and Uncle------ were my mom and dad!"
    Poor kids!

Stories like these make me so thankful that I got lucky in the in-law stakes, my in-laws are all lovely. My mother and father in law are just really great down to earth people, and my two sisters in law are really nice girls, I'm really good friends with one (the other is quite a bit younger than me), I'm just really fortunate.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information