Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glamour shots of carnival “freaks” of the 1800s were oddly touching (NSFL)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    Don't know if you're looking for the DVD specifically, but it's actually free (and legal!) to download or stream from here: Freaks : Tod Browning : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
    Thanks! I'm going to see if my daughter will watch it with me. She has the same fascination for this phenomena that I do.

thanks for that, Jezi, I didn't know it was out there free to watch anytime. That is awesome! It's been a while.....
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Freaks is a great movie and so humane towards its subjects, especially considering the time. One of us, one of us! We accept you, one of us!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Freaks is a great movie and so humane towards its subjects, especially considering the time. One of us, one of us! We accept you, one of us!
    We finally saw it Friday afternoon. My wife dropped the kids off where I work, because she and her parents were meeting some old friends, and didn't want the kids to be bored. We watched it on my PC's second monitor. In my opinion, the movie was very humane toward the subjects. My kids were fascinated, not scared by it. They initially thought that the two little people (who are essentially the principal characters) were little kids. The most fascinating person was Johnny Eck the "half boy". His ability to get around was amazing to see. I was surprised at how short the scene was where you see what happened to the trapeze artist. Also, it really strained credibility to see Prince Randian crawling with a knife in his mouth, as if he was going to be able to do something with it. But really interesting movie.

I don't know. Prince was pretty capable. They say he rolled his own cigars

I've admitted before that I think Johnny Eck is so cute, heh. His story is pretty interesting, too. I'm glad he and so many others who worked on Freaks got to live full, somewhat normal lives after their side show days
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information