Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fake tan, fascinators and overdressed fillies: Welcome to race day at Aintree

And they're off... Birthday girl Coleen's dress shows off her bump as she leads the fashion pack at Aintree's Ladies' Day

By Tamara Abraham
    Last updated at 11:26 PM on 03rd April 2009Coleen Rooney joined racegoers at Aintree yesterday in a frock sure to give fellow punters a run for their money in the style stakes.
    The WAG, who is three months pregnant with her first child, chose a technicolour bandeau maxidress by Roberto Cavalli, embellished with giant beads for the Grand National Festival's Ladies' Day.
    As the wind swept the billowing fabric it appeared to show the hint of a baby bump, fuelling speculation that the rumours are true - although Coleen has not confirmed the news herself.

Coleen Rooney chose a technicolour maxi dress that billowed in the wind, showing a hint of a bump, at Aintree's Ladies' Day today

The print was almost as garish as those sported by fellow punters at Aintree - some of whom she is set to be judging in a fashion competition later.
    Stacks of gold bangles and oversized earrings completed her ensemble, which she teamed with gold platforms and a giant clutch worth 822, both by Christian Louboutin.

The Robert Cavalli dress was teamed with a gold Christian Louboutin clutch and platforms

The look was a far cry from the stylish Balenciaga dress she plumped for last year.

More...
    The new Mrs Rooney, who celebrates her 23rd birthday today, will be judging the event's annual 'best dressed' competition - but given the state of potential entrants, she'll be hard pushed to pick a winner.

Enlarge
    Enlarge
    Enlarge

Grandstand view: Coleen and friends cheer on the horses as they watch from their private box

Yesterday's turnout at Aintree was pretty lacking in style by any standards. But this morning's racegoers took the fake tan and florals to tacky new heights.
    Eye-catching attempts to be noticed featured vast hats festooned with feathers, and fluorescent fuchsia and lime green frocks.

Fashion pack: Coleen is pictured with judges of the best dressed competition Nicky Hambleton-Jones (far left) and Sheree Murphy (second right)
    The fake tan was still very much in evidence, thanks in no small part to the acres of cleavage, legs and shoulders on display.
    The prints had gone from bad to worse, with yesterday's curtain-like florals giving way to gaudy multicoloured swirls.
    Some visitors had taken attempts at colour co-ordination to extremes - one woman had dyed her hair bright red to match the print of her dress.

Here come the girls: Racegoers at Ladies' Day made extra special effort in honour of the annual 'Best Dressed' competition, to be judged this year by Coleen Rooney

Others appeared to have paid little heed to the rules of style, instead trying to wear as many colours at once. A racegoer in an orange dip-dye gown had accessorised with red hair slide, purple shawl, yellow bag, pink sash and silver shoes.
    An estimated 50,000 people are expected to flock to the famous Liverpool racecourse for the second day of the 162nd John Smith's Grand National.
    Spotters will be on the look out for the most fashionable man or woman, some of whom will have pre-registered and entered online, as part of the Style 2009 competition.

Enlarge
    Enlarge

The height of fashion: High heel platform shoes were a must for the hordes of women who flocked to the event

Feathered friends: Fancy headdresses were the icing on the cake for some of the outlandish outfits on display

A collection of the entrants will also show off their clothing on a catwalk in front of judges today.
    The winner of the competition will receive prizes worth 35,000 including a Citroen C-Crosser 2.2HDi Exclusive car, a 10-day holiday for two to the Caribbean and a day with a personal shopping team from the WAGs' favourite fashion boutique Cricket, picking up 1,000 of items.

Ankle breakers: Comfort wasn't a consideration when these ladies picked their footwear

The winner will also star in Matalan's autumn fashion campaign taking part in a photoshoot in a London studio and being treated to dinner at The Ivy and a stay in a top hotel in the city.

Competition judges include ex-Emmerdale actress Sheree Murphy and clothes designer Jeff Banks.
    A shortlist of five racegoers will be invited back to Aintree as VIPs on John Smith's Grand National day tomorrow.

Breast in show: Some racegoers' plunging necklines left little to the imagination this morning at Aintree

Enlarge
    Enlarge
    Enlarge

Double trouble: A host of hats topped off the outrageous outfits

Coleen Rooney, will present an award to the most fashionable racegoer tomorrow.
    It is expected to be dry today with sunny spells and temperatures climbing to around 16C according to forecasters at MeteoGroup.
    But before racing begins today some of the jockeys will visit patients being cared for in the cancer unit at Alder Hey hospital in Liverpool.

Colour clash: One racegoer attempted to match the print of her dress with the colour of her hair. Another paid little heed to co-ordination, instead wearing as many different colours as possible

The good, the bad and the ugly? The female punters dress to impress

Champion Jockey A P McCoy and Mick Fitzgerald will also join patients in a Wii Fit Challenge, with the equipment donated by Nintendo for the event. The pair are patrons of the hospital's charity the Imagine Appeal.

A couple of more muted ladies opted for a simple white mac but the same can't be said of this blue outfit

Mr Fitzgerald said: 'Going to Alder Hey is something all of the boys in the weighing room love doing. It really pulls at your heart strings when you walk around the wards and you couldn't even begin to think what it would be like if you were in a similar position.'

Fine form: A group of young ladies flash a little leg for the cameras

A*O

Oh.My.God [waits for Grimm's comments]
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

gaptoothed parade of cankles and sofa fabric.

is there not one person left in the UK with an ounce of class (or access to a proper dentist)
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm so very ashamed

i see avatar potential in this one.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    is there not one person left in the UK with an ounce of class (or access to a proper dentist)
    Yes, but they're not likely to be featured in the Mail.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Holy shit. As if she needed to dye her red to bring any more attention to her outfit.
    ssabmud

The absolute antithesis of lollipop head:

I live for this shit. I have the British trash fixation now.... the more chav the better. Shit is classic. Last years thread owned, will be hard to beat that though.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

The "jockey" on the left looks like William Shatner:

Oh gawd! They look hideous!

i'm surprised at that pic of the jockeys...all of the jockeys i've ever seen are very teeny-tiny.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I just can't believe that there are men out there that actually fuck these women...on a regular basis.

Maybe their outfits are just a way to try and distract from their faces...some of them need all the help they can get.

These women think they look beautiful, don't they? I can only imagine the pounds of makeup and spray tan it takes to get these blubber buckets to look like they do.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information