Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: EPIC "Odd Life of Timothy Green" reaction (spoiler alert)

EIGHT BELOW! *duh*
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ I saw the Champ at the movies as as kid. One of my male cousins had to run out into the lobby, he was crying so hard.
    While looking up the final scene on YouTube, I also found a link to the final scene in "Empire of the Sun". I knew some of the details of that movie, but didn't know about the final scene when his parents come to pick him up. Wow. I need to see that movie.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    While looking up the final scene on YouTube, I also found a link to the final scene in "Empire of the Sun". I knew some of the details of that movie, but didn't know about the final scene when his parents come to pick him up. Wow. I need to see that movie.
    I loved Empire of the Sun. So weird to think that little boy was Christian Bale. He was great.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    I gotta say I'm a big sap when it comes to movies especially animal movies.
    Me too. I cried like a baby at the end of Animal House.

I saw the movie last week, and yes, the previews of Jennifer Garner dancing and everything all cheery is horseshit (too much time in the LeAnn thread). But the kid didn't exactly die... i won't give it away, but I didn't leave feeling all happy. The kid who stars as Timothy is such a doll...

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Me too. I cried like a baby at the end of Animal House.
    Me, too. Remember when those guys savagely beat that poor otter?

Huh, I haven't heard about this movie at all.

I cried my eyes out in the last scene of Schindler's List, the ending of About Schmidt, the ending of Million Dollar Baby, Beaches (damn you Bette Midler!), Stella Dallas (again, damn you Bette Midler!), Steel Magnolias (damn you Sally Field!), The Way We Were (that whole movie depressed me and angered me way too much at the same time), the beginning of Up... it's just way too many movies to count. And really, all it takes is a vaguely sad video about neglected animals and I become a mess. I'm not that difficult. I also always tear up in Madonna's video for Papa don't Preach in the last scene where her father hugs her.

However, I didn't cry in Philadelphia. I was prepared to cry. I liked Tom Hanks' character and AIDS sucks but I didn't shed one tear. I felt pretty shitty about that.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm trying to think of movies that got to me. "The Champ" is one - boy, did Rick Shroeder pull off a virtuoso performance at the end.

"The Road" got to me, but I was even more traumatized than saddened.
    Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Huh, I haven't heard about this movie at all.

I cried my eyes out in the last scene of Schindler's List, the ending of About Schmidt, the ending of Million Dollar Baby, Beaches (damn you Bette Midler!), Stella Dallas (again, damn you Bette Midler!), Steel Magnolias (damn you Sally Field!), The Way We Were (that whole movie depressed me and angered me way too much at the same time), the beginning of Up... it's just way too many movies to count. And really, all it takes is a vaguely sad video about neglected animals and I become a mess. I'm not that difficult. I also always tear up in Madonna's video for Papa don't Preach in the last scene where her father hugs her.

However, I didn't cry in Philadelphia. I was prepared to cry. I liked Tom Hanks' character and AIDS sucks but I didn't shed one tear. I felt pretty shitty about that.
    Bunch of hard hearted bitches in here...no one mentions Terms of Endearment???????? Not bawling at the very end, but the hospital scenes having me curled up in a ball weeping every fucking time.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

*puts this thread on "ignore"*

You can hear the parents laughing and egging them on while the kids are bawling. And of course they have to put it on youtube. Maybe they were hoping to get a reaction like the kids who went to the dentist.....that was funny. But these poor boys were sobbing while ma and pa laugh. I have a feeling that those parents aren't going to like the public opinion that is coming their way. Stupid fucktards.

Aw poor kids.

I never used to cry during movies, but now I weep at every little thing. The one movie that traumatized me was Mask. Especially since I had this notion that the film ended with him running off with the blind girl, for some reason I thought I'd read that's how it ended. Nope. I was legit weeping for 20 minutes straight, not helped by the fact it's based on a true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    You can hear the parents laughing and egging them on while the kids are bawling. And of course they have to put it on youtube. Maybe they were hoping to get a reaction like the kids who went to the dentist.....that was funny. But these poor boys were sobbing while ma and pa laugh. I have a feeling that those parents aren't going to like the public opinion that is coming their way. Stupid fucktards.
    Are you trying to say that being immortalized on YouTube as two kids blubbering harder than professional mournders at Kim Jong Il's funeral isn't going to give them mad cache in high school?
    Honey likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    the beginning of Up...
    I think that movie is awesome, but man, I just about didn't make it past the first five minutes. I was a blubbering mess.

No matter how many times I watch it, I still cry at the end of Ghost. Just because it would be so great to be able to have that final goodbye. Also little over the top Ricky Schroeder in Champ, the little boy with Dustin Hoffman in Kramer vs Kramer when they make their last breakfast together.....
    And the last scenes of Gladiator, with that wonderful, haunting, music in the background.
    Other than that I mostly cry at unexpected moments/scenes, and at scenes of which you just KNOW they wrote for the effect, but darn, does it work. With the first category, the unexpected, you're caught so off guard that afterwards you have to rerun it in your head to try to see why that particular scene got to you when it didn't appear to be too emotional or intended to get such an emotional response. It's weird.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I think that movie is awesome, but man, I just about didn't make it past the first five minutes. I was a blubbering mess.
    Wow, I forgot about that scene. Very simple and powerful without being overwrought.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information