Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear Prudence: Advice on coping with stupid people

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^See, I was at my mom's neighbor's last weekend and Fox was on and the only thing I heard was Bush bashing.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's because the Repubs are running for the hills these days between the fiasco of this Presidency, the war, the gay sex scandals, Katrina, etc.

Latest is the stupid emails from the PR flak of General Petraeus to a writer on Salon.com who's outed the military about gagging a young soldier - Scott Thomas Beauchamp - who came back and told horror stories about his experiences - stories that make the military and the U.S. look very bad indeed. Kid is currently detained and gagged - and so is the photojournalist connected it.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    See, I don't get what all the hoopla is about always ragging on Fox news, as though CNN (or any other) is sooo superior. Honestly, all news these days is heavy handed with pop culture crap and it's like they're all competing with the National Enquirer. They all do it. I watch them both (albeit rarely, because I'm not often home and when I am I watch movies) and don't see much difference, except Fox seems to have better looking people overall. I know several educated and intelligent folks who watch Fox all the time (I get most of my news from the net) and they certainly don't seem any dumber than the CNN addicts I know. So what gives? Honestly, those are the kinds of comments that lend credence to the elitist liberal stereotype......anybody who doesn't agree with your political beliefs must be stupid, which is pretty ironic considering that most self proclaimed liberals seem to feel they are the champions of the underclass. I know uber conservatives who are very bright. I may not agree with their views on many topics, but I do not think they are stupid just becasue they don't see it my way. The times I've seen Fox I wasn't hit over the head with any hard conservative/right wing messages, so I don't get how that image came about.
    Well, we don't exactly get reception for American channels here obviously, but I have seen various clips from Fox News in other shows/web sites/youtube, and I found the tone to be partisan to a degree I've never seen anywhere else, and a lot of the comments made by journalists and presenters outrageous. I've watched CNN (international), and while there is certainly an agenda (you don't get agenda-free news nowadays, they were more subtle about it.

I agree that news has taken an unfortunate turn for 'infotainment'-I prefer papers and website for a more rounded and informative approach.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wish CNN would stop using Glenn Beck as its token tool. He should get his ass over to Fox where he belongs. It's a bit crowded over there though... his presence would be superfluous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information