Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Congrats on your menopause!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Mine was "forced" as well - had a hysterectomy in 2005 after putting up with endometriosis and fibroids for several years. Heavy, gross periods. Painful as hell - there was no OTC medication that could cope with the cramps I got. I finally gave in to the hysterectomy after I got it through my head that having internal girlie parts had nothing to do with my femininity or my attractiveness. I had also never had an operation up until that time and wasn't sure I wanted to go through one. (I was operated on in June, had six weeks off from work in the middle of summer - it was heaven!)

I'm really sorry you guys are having so many negative symptoms. I never had a hot flash and I'm bitchy normally so I didn't notice an increase in that. Also, no HRT - I think it causes more problems than it solves. I'm 56 and very healthy. I do make sure I take my calcium and other vitamins daily. And I just had a physical and all my results were normal or outstanding.
    Thanks Brookie! I think that (the bolded part) is the bit I'm having issues with. I have a very bad self-image anyway... plus that I've been nagged to loose weight to try to conceive, plus the stress of the diagnosis, and then my dad was doing his "my cancer is really bad & I might die" thing that I tried to support him through (BTW it wasn't, he doesn't need chemo/radiation either & has already been told that).

Oh, my roseacia has improved slightly tho.... baby steps, eh?

Oh BTW periods usually start around 12 in my family & finish mid-50s....
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    My periods ended when I was 45 (I thot I was pregnant) but I had been having hot flashes for a long time - I was walking around in a trench coat in the dead of winter, lol, cause I was always hot. Average age, I believe is 50. The earlier you came on your period, the earlier you go into menopause, at least that's what I've always heard. I just don't understand how long it lasts! (I came on my period at age 11)

Must add this:

I was never as thin in my life as just before menopause - when it came the weight gain began.

Hot flashes have gone on forever!
    I see you got a new avi from the Addicted to Love vid

As a side benefit - I used to have migraines around "that time" of the month. Had Imitrex as a prescription because if you've ever had a migraine, you understand that pain medication isn't what's wanted and needed. Imitrex, like other migraine meds, is a vasoconstrictor and actually shrinks the blood vessels that are pressing against the nerves in your head - which takes away the pain. After the hysterectomy - no more migraines. In fact, it's rare these days that I even get a headache. Before the hysterectomy, every month like clockwork for about 3-4 days.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yes there are many natural alternatives.
    I'm glad that I don't have cancer, but even before they did the op I knew it'd suck. and it does. sucks like a newborn calf! *cries a little* *sulks for the rest of the day*
    Wow. I searched this site for 'menopause" and I'm terrified to learn that all the answers stopped in 2009. This really blows. Feel like my life as a woman and in general is OVER since forced hysterectomy of a year and a 1/2 ago. Oh, well. Guess I'll have to keep Google searching for sanity.

you searched a gossip site for menopause?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'm confused.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Perhaps DirtyGossip wanted to make a post about it and she saw the suggested titles? Or she's been lurking around enough to know there is a Health section in this site? I don't have any useful insights cause it hasn't happened to me yet but now that the thread has been necroed someone might be able to help you and share their experiences, DG
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information