Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: A Chav wedding in pictures

This is a forum called GOSSIP Rocks.

I personally think it's the last place where anyone should be made to feel ashamed for doing just that- GOSSIPING about random people we've never met and have no reason to believe we will meet.

If every celebrity or individual mentioned on GR (think all of the "Love and Relationship" threads about real people) came on here whining that their feelings were hurt and demanding that we remove pictures and we actually indulged them, we wouldn't have a forum.

Chavweddinggal says that her husband is not retarded and was just making those faces to be funny or sarcastic (because making fun of the mentally retarded is hilarious and a definite characteristic of the nice, upstanding people that we're not). So, I'm assuming he wanted people to laugh about it and was hoping to get some sort of reaction by posing that way. If she really feels that these pictures have made her and her husband a laughingstock, she should talk to him about that instead of bullying everyone who commented on them with threats of lawyers.

Excellent post,SB!
    Chavgal,you've made your point,now let's just all move on,mmkay?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

^^Maybe it's one thing to bash celebs, and another to do it to "real" people? It was a relative who released the pics though, not her husband. A private joke among friends and family is a bit different than being made a public laughingstock. And she is angry at the relative, too. It seems like there are no boundaries any more -- just because someone CAN do something, such as put private pics on the internet without the permission of the people in the photos, doesn't make it right.

People here didn't know the backstory so we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much, but now that we do know, some people feel badly whether they should or not.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

What SB said and this is thread is a waste of space.

^^So if someone you trusted released embarrassing pics of you on the 'net without your permission, you'd be OK with it? And you'd be OK with people jumping on you for something someone else did? Because ultimately, I think that's what this thread comes down to. Although I agree that threatening to sue GR is the wrong approach, but she's obviously upset.

Okay, chavweddinggal has PMed me twice now. Once to ask me if I wrote the story on the original link. I denied it, and told her to contact the site, because they might be able to tell her who send them the link. She PMed me again to accuse Grimmlok of accusing me of writing the story. I see nowhere where Grimmlok said or insinuated that, so to me, this smacks of stirring drama.

Frankly, the whole thing is fishy.

Chavweddinggal has already said her husband's cousin took the pictures. The issue is with the website who posted them, and they have a disclaimer on the bottom saying 1. that if there is a copyright issue to contact them and they'll take care of it and 2. that everything on the site is fictional and satire. Reasonable people would rely that those pictures were staged and not real.

As far as harassment charges, this does not fit the legal definition of criminal harassment.

I've suggested the website who is hosting the pictures be contacted twice now, and it has not been done by the party in question. Something smells here.
    Last edited by Laurent; April 5th, 2008 at 05:24 PM.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^That puts a whole different light on things. Troll attack?

I say somebody needs to get over it. It's been, what, 2 years? If the whole thing is true then that sucks for Chavgirl, but what's done is done. Stop bringing more attention to it and driving hits to your myspace.

It's pointless and you are spending way too much time crying over spilt milk. If it's consuming your life this much, please seek therapy. Somebody wronged you and you have a right to be mad at the person who wronged you, not everyone on the freaking internet. How do you know people are getting a chuckle from the pictures unless you are actively searching for threads on the internet, it sounds a bit obsessive, don't ya think? Leave it alone and move on.

*waits for the backlash*

You'll get no backlash from me. I think you hit the nail on the head by saying that she's just creating more attention to it & getting traffic on her myspace page.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^It's more than possible, but giving her a benefit of a doubt, isn't it pretty normal to look for pics of yourself that were released without your knowledge?

You know, for someone who's delivering lectures about how it's wrong to judge people we don't know, she sure was quick to make those passive-aggressive little comments about Grimm's supposed childhood trauma. I guess if you follow it with "I'll be praying for you?" it negates the bitchiness?

Something's off here.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

[quote=Aella;1143138] "I'll be praying for you?" it negates the bitchiness?

It's the new lol of course.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^That puts a whole different light on things. Troll attack?
    She might be the person in the pictures, but I find it odd she said she's spent years trying to figure out who wrote the story, yet she hasn't contacted the site that hosts the pictures and story? They have a handy link for the purpose of making a complaint.

At any rate, I've unequivocally denied having anything to do with the story or the pictures twice now in PMs and twice on the open board.

I trust she'll pursue the issue of who wrote the story elsewhere.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I am more convinced than ever now that she is a troll, and given the "I'll pray for you" remarks, a familiar one.

There's no real evidence that she's a troll, unless somebody can produce it. Any takers? Lots of people say "I'll pray for you" and while many people find it offensive to hear it, it's sometimes said sincerely. So who knows. It might be the bride and it might not.

I'm curious if people actually refer to themselves as a "chav" like this poster is doing via her username. That's not a word used around my area, so I dunno. Used to be, long ago, that "redneck" was offensive but now lots of people proudly refer to themselves as such, so I'm curious about "chav."
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information