Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Butt-fugly hotel rooms :D

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Not a hotel room but something very butt ugly that was in a pretty fancy hotel room at the beach. Two hundred bucks a night and the bedspread looked like Toucans with crack habits! Such a travesty I took a picture.

Subtle.

Whoever came up with those clearly ascribes to the 'more is more' school of decorating.

However, I'd take those garish things over some of the dumps I've stayed in occasionally. Like that room in that Bulgarian chalet in the mountains with naff seventies wood decor and no heating, where three of us had to share a bed and sleep with our clothes on to avoid freezing to death. Or that room in Amsterdam that had no fewer than five cockroaches running on the bed (and no, I didn't actually stay there, the sight of them had me bolting out of there in record speed).

Bad European hotels do take the cake Aella! I remember staying in a dump so old and gross in a place called Bad Bergen Germany that the wall paper was peeling off the walls and the sheets felt like leftovers from the military, stiff and gross. The breakfast the next day was pretty odd even by German standards, I swear I saw hair in my eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    Bad European hotels do take the cake Aella! I remember staying in a dump so old and gross in a place called Bad Bergen Germany that the wall paper was peeling off the walls and the sheets felt like leftovers from the military, stiff and gross. The breakfast the next day was pretty odd even by German standards, I swear I saw hair in my eggs.
    Heh, I've had a few hotel experiences like that (but really, when you've been in any former Eastern block countries, they tend to pile up).

I honestly don't care about creature comforts as long as the place it's not actually dirty-hygiene is the one area I refuse to compromise in. And that includes, but is by no means limited to: 1) Hair 'surprises' in food 2)mystery stains 3) roaches and any other kind of insects

Has anyone ever stayed at the South of the Border? It's a hotel/campground/shopping area/roadside attraction in South Carolina? Just over the border from North Carolina? The rooms are the tackiest rooms ever. They have black velvet oil painting, those lamps that drip oil and giant beds beds with sombrero's over them in a canopy like fashion.

Zee

No way! We would always stop there on the way to Mrytle beach as kids (1970's). Some things never change.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

^^ That sounds pretty hideous, KrisNine. By lamps that drip oil, do you mean a lava lamp? Aella, as for 'hair surprises' in the food and 'mystery stains', I can empathize. I've had a few bad experiences myself and that's here in North America. Has anyone actually been to one of those hotel Honeymoon suites with the vibrating bed that runs on quarters? You always see those in the movies. And the velvet drapes and matching comforter. One of the hotels we stayed at once had the same material and tacky 70's pattern for the comforter as an old sofa we used to have. It was a design disaster and I found black curly pubic hair at the side of the bathtub before any of us even used it.

Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Vibrating beds? That just sounds gloriously tacky, I'd almost be tempted to stay there and revel in the camp glory of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    ^^ That sounds pretty hideous, KrisNine. By lamps that drip oil, do you mean a lava lamp? Aella, as for 'hair surprises' in the food and 'mystery stains', I can empathize. I've had a few bad experiences myself and that's here in North America. Has anyone actually been to one of those hotel Honeymoon suites with the vibrating bed that runs on quarters? You always see those in the movies. And the velvet drapes and matching comforter. One of the hotels we stayed at once had the same material and tacky 70's pattern for the comforter as an old sofa we used to have. It was a design disaster and I found black curly pubic hair at the side of the bathtub before any of us even used it.

No, not a lava lamp, they are these some really special lamps. They hang from the ceiling and have a gold base with some greenery, fake of course and in the middle is usually a small statue of the Venus de Milo. Now, running from the top to the base are clear, fiber optic looking wire that have oil dripping down them, I guess in an effort to look like rain. I'll look for a picture.

And here we go....

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    And here we go....

Please tell me again how this 'elegant' lamp ties in with the sombrero's over the bed scheme. Undercovergator, I saw one of those champagne glass tubs before ...at the Gentlemen's club. I wish I was kidding. Is Poconos a fancy name for a Swingers club? Talk about cheeeeeease.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

That first photo.....how in the hell did you get a picture of my mother in law's house???

^^ Bella, I think that's a picture of most peoples MIL's house. My boyfriend's mom hasn't touched the decor in her house since the 70's. Even the tile in the kitchen and floral countertops are origional. Did I mention the blue shag carpet? You don't want to drop a ring on there, trust me. It's like finding a needle in a tacky baby blue haystack.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

No, the Ponocos is an area in Pennsylvania and it has a reputation as a 'honeymoon' destination, hence the round beds, mirrors, heart shaped tubs and champagne glass tubs. Not much to do there but boff and play tennis or golf. Near the mountains and in the boondocks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information