Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Best blog EVAR! People of WalMart

^^ugh, I see an aquaintance who dresses like this everyday. I don't know her well enough to let her know how awful she looks. I just can't understand why her friends don't say anything to her^^^

I used to work at Wal*Mart for 6 months. Oh..the pictures I could have took if I were allowed to . I have seen worse than alot of those pictures....lol
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Can you imagine how it would feel to go to this site expecting a laugh and instead finding your own picture?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I think these are in another category besides 'muffin top':

muffinplosion?
    especially that first one.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

What the holy FUCK is on this page....?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Jeez, I look no where near as bad as that girl in the pink tank top and I would go no where NEAR a shirt that shows my ugly tummy. And the second one (with blue tank and pants falling down), I just don't get ... how could you not feel like you're pants would even stay on your ass like that?? I seriously wouldn't even need to see a mirror to know either one of those should not be something I should be walking around in.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    God.. it's like pumpernickel bread baking around twine
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Note to self: Must go to Walmart more often.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Ha ha, hit the big time:

People of Walmart: Site Mocks Worst-Dressed Customers - Yahoo! News

Why don't people wear shirts when they shop at Wal-Mart? Or pants that fit? Has that woman been wearing a fanny pack for 15 years or did she just recently pick up on the belt-as-purse trend? Is that guy wearing a cape?
    People of Walmart, a website that launched earlier this month, catalogs the gloriously absurd attire that is sported by the big-box retailer's customer base. There are photos of fat people in sweatpants, a child with a rattail and a guy wearing a Captain America costume. But the website's founders, three guys in their early 20s who preferred to provide only their first names, aren't interested in stereotypical rednecks or run-of-the-mill mullet sightings. "Mullets are too common," says Andrew, who is 23 and lives in Indiana. "We want to document the kind of stuff that when you see it, you immediately have to call someone and be like, 'Dude, I'm at Wal-Mart and I just saw a goat.' " (See pictures of the world beard and moustache championships.)
    Andrew, his brother Adam and their friend Luke started People of Walmart after a shopping trip to a South Carolina branch earlier this month. "We turned a corner to see a stripper - at least, I think she was a stripper - with a shirt that read 'Go F___ Yourself,' and she had a 2-year-old kid in one of those child harnesses that looked like a dog leash," says Adam. They turned another corner and saw a guy with a ZZ Top beard.
    Inspired by the experience, the three friends - who shop at Wal-Mart regularly, sometimes while wearing ugly clothes - went home and created the website. They asked their friends to submit photos and naively assumed that no one outside their social circle would ever see it. "Honestly," says Andrew, "we didn't think we'd even update it very often."
    But the last week in August, People of Walmart went viral, earning mention on websites like Funny or Die. Its traffic increased by 700% on Aug. 27 alone. Photo submissions went from one or two to more than 120. The flood of visitors has even crashed the site. (See the 50 best websites of 2009.)
    People of Walmart's founders expect some people to take issue with the site's tone. "I'm not gonna sit here and say the site isn't pretentious or that it doesn't poke fun at people - because it does," admits Adam, who says he "loves" Wal-Mart. "But we have limits. We won't make fun of the people who can't help it." They do not publish photos of disabled people or Wal-Mart employees who are just doing their job. "I can't tell you how many people send in pictures of overweight people on motorized scooters," he says. "But we won't post them because some of those people need scooters for a reason." He also refuses to post pictures of the Amish.
    Because of those ground rules, People of Walmart mostly ridicules folks with bad hairdos, excessive tattoos or ill-fitting clothing. "Look, I'm a big guy," says Adam. "I'm not going to walk around in medium-size clothes. I'd look like an idiot." By the same token, he figures, you shouldn't wear a Captain America costume, put your goat on a leash or let your pants fall down in public. If you do, you're begging to be laughed at - just like this woman.
    Read "Why Wal-Mart's First India Store Isn't a Wal-Mart."
    Jazzy64 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i really need counseling. i had a pic i took last year with my daughters cell, of an old woman choosing underwear (at Walmart) so i submitted it LOL
    i'm going to hell so fast.

LMAO!!!! I came back to this thread just to see if you got any more shots on your cell phone! I am in awe of you. I would not have the guts but this is funny!!!!!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

oh i'm going next Wednesday. *evil grin*
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Haven't been able to access the site at all the past few days, must be tons of traffic. They need to upgrade to a better server or something.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I just started taking picture of random things I find funny. Like an egg carton that said, "Cage Free Eggs."
    Wait, maybe I'm dense, I don't get it? I buy cage free eggs all the time.

And the old lady buying undies -- how is that funny?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

well on the plus side I only saw two from Louisiana
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Wait, maybe I'm dense, I don't get it? I buy cage free eggs all the time.

And the old lady buying undies -- how is that funny?
    because i think its funny... and quite frankly thats the only reason i need.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information