Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ALWAYS illegal to kill a woman? (Outrageous retro adverts...)

Default Re: 1950's product ads... weirdly fascinating..

Twitchy, thank you for looking into that! That's fascinating.

See.... was the douche the same as upending a bottle of lysol disinfectant and spraying your cooter? If so, ouch?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    See.... was the douche the same as upending a bottle of lysol disinfectant and spraying your cooter? If so, ouch?
    Well, on the plus side it would have been diluted (according to scientifically determined formulae!), but on the other hand it would have been used in the vagina (as opposed to sprayed on the exterior genitalia) and from what I was able to determine, chemical burns were not unheard of. I'm still cringing and feeling nauseous at the thought. Even if the woman didn't sustain direct physical damage as a result of the chemicals in the disinfectant, what a way to play hell with the body's natural flora.

A*O

Ah yes, but a good, thorough douche with industrial-strength disinfectant is very effective if you have Female Stinkgas.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

*covers his nose, and runs from the queefs*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hmmm... as litigious as we have become in this country o' mine, I wonder if anyone's thinking up some scheme to take Lysol to court, like how smokers took Big Tobacco to court...

Talking Is it ALWAYS illegal to kill a woman? (Outrageous retro adverts...)

The outrageously politically incorrect adverts from the time equality forgot

In A politically correct age, they seem like outrageous anachronisms. And there is no doubt these adverts - many taken from the first half of the last century - reveal just how much women used to be caricatured as downtrodden housewives or hair-brained office girls.

Now, a new book - You Mean A Woman Can Open It?: The Woman's Place In The Classic Age Of Advertising - brings together images which would surely cause a howl of protest if they were released today. Scroll down for more...
    1961: When you can't wait for your dinner, give her a Kenwood Chef food mixer and let her have some fun preparing your favourite dish

1970: Your wife won't be able to stall the car or grind the gears - and there's even one pedal fewer to confuse her with the Mini Automatic </B>

1952: Is your coffee pressure packed for extra freshness? If hubby can tell you're not making Chase & Sanborn coffee for him, well, you've been warned...

1946: Women are seen as indecisive, trying to squeeze into something too small, worried someone else is wearing the same dress and then taking it back to the shop. Men need only one look at the Pacific label to know it suits you, sir

1953: You don't need a knife, a bottle opener or even your husband to unscrew the cap of this bottle - just a little twist of the Alcoa HyTop Closure, made of pure aluminium, and that ketchup is ready to pour </B>

1930s: You do all the houshold chores - and still look fresher every day, darling. What's your secret? A bowl of Kellogg's PEP vitamin cereal for breakfast, naturally </B>

1921: If you can answer YES to the question, you are obviously using pure mild Palmolive soap that will leave your skin radiant </B>

1953: Husband furious because you've missed the post? The Pitney-Bowes Postage Meter prints the stamp and seals the envelope all in one go.

The outrageously politically incorrect adverts from the time equality forgot | the Daily Mail=

MODS:

Sorry - the title to this thread should read KILL a woman...
    Last edited by Tati; November 28th, 2007 at 07:08 AM.
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

More:
    Modern Mechanix » Ad: More Doctors Smoke Camels THAN ANY OTHER CIGARETTE!
    (modern mechanix has quite a few gems but I'm rather fond of this one)

Vintage ads

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Default The politically incorrect adverts from the time equality forgot

In a politically correct age, they seem like outrageous anachronisms.

And there is no doubt these adverts - many taken from the first half of the last century - reveal just how much women used to be caricatured as downtrodden housewives or hair-brained office girls.

Now, a new book - You Mean A Woman Can Open It?: The Woman's Place In The Classic Age Of Advertising - brings together images which would surely cause a howl of protest if they were released today. Scroll down for more...
    1961: When you can't wait for your dinner, give her a Kenwood Chef food mixer and let her have some fun preparing your favourite dish

1970: Your wife won't be able to stall the car or grind the gears - and there's even one pedal fewer to confuse her with the Mini Automatic </B>

1952: Is your coffee pressure packed for extra freshness? If hubby can tell you're not making Chase & Sanborn coffee for him, well, you've been warned...

1946: Women are seen as indecisive, trying to squeeze into something too small, worried someone else is wearing the same dress and then taking it back to the shop. Men need only one look at the Pacific label to know it suits you, sir

1953: You don't need a knife, a bottle opener or even your husband to unscrew the cap of this bottle - just a little twist of the Alcoa HyTop Closure, made of pure aluminium, and that ketchup is ready to pour </B>

1930s: You do all the houshold chores - and still look fresher every day, darling. What's your secret? A bowl of Kellogg's PEP vitamin cereal for breakfast, naturally </B>

1921: If you can answer YES to the question, you are obviously using pure mild Palmolive soap that will leave your skin radiant </B>

1953: Husband furious because you've missed the post? The Pitney-Bowes Postage Meter prints the stamp and seals the envelope all in one go.

The outrageously politically incorrect adverts from the time equality forgot | the Daily Mail

lol... I like the one that says, "You mean a WOMAN can open it?!"

Good grief.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    lol... I like the one that says, "You mean a WOMAN can open it?!"
    Yep. Women and our lack of fine motor skills. It's a wonder I can type!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Oops double post...I didn't think to look here.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Yep. Women and our lack of fine motor skills. It's a wonder I can type!
    You broke a nail.

*lunges at Grimm with stereotypical overhead chopping motion*

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information