Thread: Kids' letters to President Obama

Default Kids' letters to President Obama

A few days after President Barack Obama was elected as the 44th president of the United States, kids from all over the country were asked to send him letters giving him advice, making requests, and just generally being cute and hilarious. I am totally getting Thanks and Have Fun Running the Country: Kids' Letters to President Obama, and I think you should, too! Here are some particularly funny and touching excerpts:
    • "Dear President Obama, I want to tell you hi. Do you work with Santa Claus?" — Sergio Magana, age 5, San Francisco
    • "Dear President Obama, I think you should get a Labradoodle and name it Soñador (it means "dreamer" in Spanish) . . ." Lydia Sumner, age 10, Seattle
    • "Dear President Obama, I really hope you put America back together. No pressure though." — Sheenie Shannon Yip, age 13, Seattle
    • "Dear President Obama, When you are president, don't eat junk food. Junk food makes you fat. Your family shouldn't eat junk food, either, because it is not healthy. Obama, you rock." — Amy Ramirez, age 8, San Francisco
    • "Dear President Obama, I know you want to save the earth, but people don't want to clean. . .I always dream of cleaning the world with you. . ." — Stephanie Gonzalez, age 7, Los Angeles
    • "Dear President Obama, You should not smoke when you are president! There are simple reasons. Because you will die by smoking, and then you will not be president! But I want you to be . . ." — David Lopez, age 7, Los Angeles
    • "Dear President Obama, I have a great idea for you: you should set up a special phone, a special place just for kids to call the president if they find things that are dangerous and can affect people, like someone smoking. This would be a special place for kids to talk to Barack Obama and let him know what's going on." — Dhamaril Nunez, age 9, Boston
    Thanks and Have Fun Running the Country: Kids' Letters to President Obama | Book of the Day, Barack Obama | GiggleSugar - Funny Jokes & Videos

• "Dear President Obama, I know you want to save the earth, but people don't want to clean. . .I always dream of cleaning the world with you. . ." — Stephanie Gonzalez, age 7, Los Angeles
    How cute are these letters? Children really have no idea how bad things are in the U.S. They seem to have such simple solutions though.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

"Dear President Obama, I have a great idea for you: you should set up a special phone, a special place just for kids to call the president if they find things that are dangerous and can affect people, like someone smoking. This would be a special place for kids to talk to Barack Obama and let him know what's going on." — Dhamaril Nunez, age 9, Boston

This baby is going to be a stalker when they grow up...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

How cute are some the things they say?!

Adorable! Kids are smart!
    I wish he could read these!

Petunia Pearl

"Dear President Obama, I really hope you put America back together. No pressure though." — Sheenie Shannon Yip, age 13, Seattle
    That child has one unfortunate name.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Love these.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I never wrote a letter to the president, at least I don't remember doing so. Maybe it was President Clinton or HW Bush.

They made us write Regan in school. I remember that...but no idea what i wrote.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Bronze Member GossipJunkieBBFan's Avatar

Awh, cute!

Thread Information