Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A tattoo gone wrong

Default A tattoo gone wrong

why not take a gander at a dictionary when you are getting a tattoo done.

Quote Originally Posted by honeysuckle View Post
    why not take a gander at a dictionary when you are getting a tattoo done.
    Why bother! Her friends will think it is correct anyway!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I can't understand why somebody would fuck up their chest with a tattoo of that size. Even if spelling were not an issue, she is going to regret that thing in 10 years. Much like people tanning in excess in their youth without thoughts of future aesthetic/health consequences, this person has not thought ahead and has done something that cannot easily be taken back.
    Last edited by qwerty; November 30th, 2008 at 11:45 PM.

i wish i had her phone number i'd call her and just laugh hystercally
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Lots of girls on my vintage hair forum have chest tattoos. I actually LIKE tattoos, when they're tasteful, but I think tattooing your chest is just vulgar and ugly.

And, as a thought...perhaps her name is 'Tradgedy'...
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Misspelled tattoos are the greatest, I think there were a bunch of them on here a while ago.

On a similar theme:

YesButNoButYes: The Top 10 Most Stupid Tattoos

The Top 10 Most Stupid Tattoos
    Posted by Johnny Wright
    30 Comments
    About 15 years from now, there will be thousands of people who have covered various parts of their bodies with tattoos that are going to feel really stupid. It will no longer be trendy and they will spend the rest of their lives explaining why they have all-you-can-eat ink permanently branded on themselves.

"Well, we were in Cabo and I'd had a few margaritas. I was feeling pretty loosey-goosey, one thing led to another and well, I ended up with Calvin taking a wiz on a Florida State Seminoles logo tattooed on my forearm. I know, it's stupid." Those conversations are going to happen by the bucketful.

It's not that I think all tattoos are in poor taste. The practice is not for me personally, but to each his own. In fact, not that long ago my very conservative father had a milestone birthday and got the Rampant Lion of Scotland tatted on his bicep. It's a small nod to the heritage that we are very proud of.

I believe my father's tattoo was thought about for a long time. It was not a spontaneous or booze influenced decision. Sadly many tats are just that; either a spur of the moment purchase or inspired by too much of a favorite tipple.

With other fads, you can participate and not make it a lifetime commitment. You can take the double hoop earrings out pretend it never happened. (If you still have those, you need to take them out.) You can shave off your side-spike. You can take off your parachute pants. It's a little more of a chore to remove your Dane Cook "Su-Fi" tattoo.

(Who's going to feel more stupid down the road; The "Su-Fi" tattoo gang or those that have "Git-R-Done" permanently on their body? A tough call. It's a good thing that tattoos weren't as popular on the early 80's or their would be a few people with Yakov Smirnoff on their shoulder blade.)

Many will feel stupid, the owners of the following tattoos are going to feel like the southbound end of a northbound horse.

When I was looking for bad tattoos, I was shocked at what I found. Some truly amazing stupidity. I'm still trying to get the image of the guy who tattooed his knob to look like a dragon out of my head. I can't link to it for personal reasons. It could traumatize the children. You'll have to find that one on your own.

How would you like to be the tattoo artist on duty when the guy comes in and says, "I have an idea for my next tattoo. Can you make my wiener look like Smaug from The Hobbit?" I imagine that the guy was not scheduled to work that day but took his buddies shift so he could go to a birthday party. He wasn't supposed to be there next thing he knew, he was inking up some nut's John Thomas. Bad day at the office.

These are the most stupid, most clichéd ink in the book.

10. Anything On Your Rear End - First of all, you have to sit bare-assed in the tattoo parlor for an hour or more. Your keester blowin' in the wind while you get a four leafed clover inked on. Not good.

9. A Looney Tunes Character; Especially Taz - I'm not sure how this became a mark of pride in the redneck community, but I believe it started with the Yosemite Sam mud-flaps. Pretty sure that's right. I've seen Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird, Daffy Duck, the aforementioned Sam, Sylvester, even Foghorn Leghorn. (Who is hilarious and has one of the best cartoon names ever.) But it's Taz that shows up the most on the farmer tanned biceps.

8. Anything Done By Your Buddies - I don't care if your pal is a pretty good doodler and can draw the Yankees logo and a cocktail napkin. The homemade tattoo always appears to be just that. My cousin spent some time in Nicaragua. He has an amazing photo with his arm around a shirtless cat that has a homemade tattoo of a huge erect penis on his chest. You wonder who's idea it was. Maybe he was so drunk that his friends decided to put a wiener on him as a joke. That's a whole other level from the classic "Sharpie on the forehead" gag.

7. Famous Person That Is Still Alive - Let's say you were a diehard Michael Jackson fan in the late 80's. You had the glove, the zippered jacket, the cat eye contact lenses from "Thriller," the lot. You have the choreography to "Smooth Criminal" down pat. So you get a King of Pop tattoo on your arm. Uh oh. He's a child molester. Crap. That doesn't come off. I bet there is someone with an O.J. Simpson #32 tat still on their calf. You never know when a hero could fall from grace. Also in this category is a band that's not at least twenty years into making records. I know a girl whose little brother had Limp Bizkit autograph his leg, then he had the tattoo artist go over them permanently. Oops.

6. Anything You Think Is Funny - This would be the meat head that has "I'm With Stupid" on his midsection with an arrow pointing down to his junk. The use of a bellybutton for an animal's anus. Good one. The worst I saw was a joker that had two fishnet stocking legs on his arm and inner torso, and his armpit hair was made to look like a woman's pubic hair. Sweet fancy Moses. You may think you are clever, but it will be funny for fifteen minutes and embarrassing for life.

5. Flames From the Wrist Up - Really hackneyed and lame. You're not on fire. You're a lemming following the others that wear shiny pants and wife-beaters off the cliff of clichés.

4. The Neck Tattoo - This one seems to be growing in popularity. Hardly a day goes by when I don't see a child's name in fancy cursive tatted on a straphanger's neck while riding the 1 train. It's not a good idea unless you are a musician or professional athlete. You are essentially cashing in your respect in society with the neck tat. If you're going in for a job interview and you have a skull and crossbones tattoo peeking out from your shirt collar, I'm willing to wager you're not getting the gig.

3. Any Name of a Significant Other That You Have Not Been Married To For At Least 10 Years - I firmly believe that 90% of the tattoo removal practice's business is from this very mistake. The only one to pull off a fix on this one was Johnny Depp. While engaged to Winona "I'll Just Help Myself To These" Ryder. Depp had "Winona Forever" on his bicep. He later changed it to "Wino Forever." That is kind of funny.

2. The Booty Crease Tramp Stamp - Sorry ladies, this is ridiculous. No intricate design or use of a butterfly makes it original. It only shows you have no individual style and want to be lumped in with the club-hopping Paris Hilton wannabe's.

1. The Tribal Arm Band - The lamest of the lame. I have news for you, Chief, there is nothing "tribal" about your ink. It wasn't designed by the village elders of the Masai tribe in Africa. It was scribbled on a legal pad by a high school dropout that goes by the handle "Fruit Loops." You're a walking billboard for the unoriginal. Every time you think it's cool, you should remember that Nick Lachey and other boy band members have one. I rest my case, your honor.

And finally ...

The Lifetime Achievement Award For Crap Tattoos goes to ... The Barbed Wire Arm Band. The barbed wire band would like to thank God, the committee for voting, and Pamela Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

Why does it look greasy????

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Why does it look greasy????
    She may have just got it done, they take pics at the shop sometimes
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

It looks like she just had it done. You can see that her skin is still a little pink. Most tattoo parlors give some sort of ointment to put on regularly after a fresh tattoo. It helps the skin heal faster but will produce a 'glazed' look. I think the girl is obviously stupid and she gets what she deserves. Maybe this will be a constant reminder for her to read a book.

I have thought about getting a tattoo many times in my life but have always decided against it. I have done that enough times to realize that all of my ideas for tattoos are stupid and I am constantly thankful that I didn't permanently ink my body with whatever dumb idea I thought would look cool when I was 20. I love the look of tattoos but they are definitely not for me.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

I can't decide what she's stupider for...the tattoo can at least be covered. The rings in her lip, not. And I'll bet she's more prone to cold sores.

Wait a minute...definitely the tattoo. It's permanent. Also...too large, in too visible a spot, and the misspelling takes the cake. The lip rings can be removed and the holes eventually close up.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

i hope it gets infected.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by atrayubrandy View Post
    It looks like she just had it done. You can see that her skin is still a little pink. Most tattoo parlors give some sort of ointment to put on regularly after a fresh tattoo. It helps the skin heal faster but will produce a 'glazed' look. I think the girl is obviously stupid and she gets what she deserves. Maybe this will be a constant reminder for her to read a book.

I have thought about getting a tattoo many times in my life but have always decided against it. I have done that enough times to realize that all of my ideas for tattoos are stupid and I am constantly thankful that I didn't permanently ink my body with whatever dumb idea I thought would look cool when I was 20. I love the look of tattoos but they are definitely not for me.
    Somehow I doubt it.

Same here with tattoo's. I've had several different ideas for one over the years and discarded them all, thank God.

Right now, I'm thinking of something like this, on my hip: tell me if it's stupid and I'll discard this one as well:

Hummingbird and hibiscus. Overall, it will be about 3" in diameter. The flower, which I want in bright red with yellow stamen, will be much smaller. The bird I want in black/iridescent, or as close to "iridescent" as the artist can make it.
    Last edited by Sasha; December 1st, 2008 at 11:56 AM.

Somebody please explain the appeal of tattoos to me. I'm just not getting it.

Sasha, I like that.

2. The Booty Crease Tramp Stamp - Sorry ladies, this is ridiculous. No intricate design or use of a butterfly makes it original. It only shows you have no individual style and want to be lumped in with the club-hopping Paris Hilton wannabe's.

That statement I do not understand, since Paris Hilton doesn't even have a tattoo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information