Thread: Woman showing her beaver in ad

Default Woman showing her beaver in ad

I thought this was cute, and hilarious. Apparently this is an ad showing later at night in Aus. Figures that some people were offended by it

YouTube - FUNNY BEAVER TV AD FOR U

Argh! Why can I never get the Youtube function to work Sorry, you'll have to click the link. Worth it though

Here's the news article. Source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...86-421,00.html

Viewers damn Kotex beaver ad

By Saffron Howden
    March 12, 2008 01:14am

Article from:
    Font size: + -
    Send this article: Print Email

A TAMPON company may be forced to cancel TV ads that show an attractive, young woman going about her day with a beaver in tow.

The Kotex advertisement, rated M and broadcast only after 8.30pm, features a woman and her pet beaver eating lunch, having their nails done, at the hairdresser, and being gawked at by men on a beach.
    The ad ends with a voice-over: "You've only got one. So for the ultimate care down there, make it U." The woman then hands a packet of Kotex tampons to the beaver as a gift.
    The Advertising Standards Bureau in Canberra received a "large number" of complaints as soon as the ad aired on Sunday - the day after International Women's Day.
    "A large number of complaints have come in over the weekend," ASB chief Alison Abernethy said.

"An unusually high amount. People are offended by the language and references to the beaver."
    Kotex has defended its portrayal of the female genitals in its bid to sell feminine hygiene products.
    Penny Warneford, who is helping to run the company's latest advertising campaign, said the product range was targeted at 18 to 24-year-old women, most of whom had euphemisms for their genitals.
    "People use euphemisms to make themselves feel more comfortable about talking about their own anatomy," Ms Warneford said.
    Kotex research found people in that age group had 181 alternative names for the vagina and 94 per cent said they used nicknames for their own genitals.
    The term "beaver" was the 11th-most used by the people surveyed.
    Ms Warneford wouldn't say if the controversial ad featuring the beaver would need to be cancelled.
    "We really have to go through this process before we can comment like that," she said.
    "There have been complaints and we haven't seen them yet.
    "The advertising is the result of extensive research which is right on target."

OMG That's a riot.

I see nothing wrong with it.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Holy cow! This would be banned in all 50 states!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i want to see the list of what people call their genitals.. beaver was number 11... whats number 1??
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Love it!!

Gold Member

it's funny

I don't think it's offensive. It was cute and clever.

Nothing offensive about it imo.

I often think we have the same few people who complain about our ads over here. Sitting by their phone, watching tv, waiting for a bad word or questionable ad. Some of the ads we've had taken off usually only takes one person to complain. Crazy!

We have a website that lists all the ads and complaints. Very interesting reading.

Thread Information