Thread: 'Gross' Armpit Hair

Default 'Gross' Armpit Hair

This made me laugh, just listening to the radio and this story came on . . .

A man had meen told in his gym to remove his Vest and swap it for a T-Shirt as his armpit hair was too 'gross' ?!?

The ladies in the gym were ok to wear vests as they shaved but the men had to cover up. Erm newsflash . . Men have armpit hair! It's ridiculous.

Asked my male colleague and he agreed, what if he were playing football and someone said "your legs look crap, cover up with a tracksuit".

The poor hairy guy only wanted to work out, it's not a fashion parade, its a gym!

Update: It's getting even more ridiculous, people are now complaining that they dont want to see "orange peel bums, and cellulite legs" on parade. Um, please enlighten me if I am wrong but is that not the point of going to the gym? to lose any extra pounds? Or do you have to be a supermodel to get in? Very confused - I'm not a member of a gym, prefer swimming so I know nothing of this. Have any posters had any weird experiences?
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; November 22nd, 2005 at 10:50 AM.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Re: 'Gross' Armpit Hair

Anyone who thinks underarm hair on either a man or woman is gross is just plain stupid. It's there naturally and for a reason. The stupidity continues...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I can't believe people are complaining about other people's images at the gym. What do they go the gym for? To get fit or look at other people working out? It's a gym, theres going to be fat people there, they're trying to improve their look so stop knocking them!

And as for the armpit rubbish, who really pays that much attention to others in the gym?? I say get on with your exercise, stop being so nosey and get a life!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I don't belong to a gym, but from what I have heard, it seems like a lot of people go there mainly to be seen working out. They won't just wear an old sweat shirt and track pants, they have to buy fancy exercise clothes. Clothes to sweat in. And if your butt and thighs look so good that you can complain about other people's, you don't need to be in a gym.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Yeah, I stopped going to the gym near me because it was a total meat market. But then again, so are most places in South Florida.

Thats why I stopped going to the gym. If I was on the treadmill I'd have pervs staring at my arse and if I was doing sit ups they'd be trying to look up my shorts. I joined the aerobics classes that were just for women but they were in a big room with a window leading in to the gym right behind us so the pervs could stare through the window watching the girl arses and boobs bobbing about everywhere! Men ruin everything!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I go to a 'gym' gym, meaning people are there to really work out. Sure we've got a bunch of grunters but at least everyone does their thing and you're free to do yours, without any hassles. It's the only way to go and cheaper than the glam gyms.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

That's the grand thing about the martial arts as a form of exercise. No outfit competition and a gi covers all of those problem areas! I think that I would feel far too intimidated to ever go into one of the "spandex parade" gyms.

Thread Information