Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbors from hell

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Neighbors from hell

This isn't very funny but it sure is odd. I found this website involving a pretty heated neighborhood squabble gone horribly wrong a few years ago and I've been watching it unfold online. Very scary and so wrong on so many levels -
    Feel My Pain

Good grief! How horrible for everyone! That is disturbing-on both sides,methinks!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I can relate to this issue. I lived in cooperative housing for a while and my unit was adjacent to the playground. It was so loud on occasion that we couldn't hang out in the front yard, and even with all doors and windows closed, it was still ear splitting. Two kids in particular were the worst; when they finally moved out, it became bearable.

This guy should sell up and move, but I guess nobody wants to live there for obvious reasons.

I've had neighbours from hell -- the kind of people who never shut a door if they can slam it, who stomp around in big boots and drop heavy things constantly, who have parties on week nights etc. etc. It completely ruins your quality of life, and there is no reasoning with these kind of inconsiderate boors and idiots.

I admit I laughed several times when reading this guy's Tale of Woe, because he sounds like a funny guy, and his website is very cleverly designed.

He has every right to be angry. His neighbors are rude, inconsiderate, petty, and spiteful. They knew the playground would be a problem and a nuiscance, but they went right ahead with their plans. An obvious solution would be moving, but it sounds like he's been arguing with these toxic neighbors for so long, that's he's determined to win the dispute.

I have put up with obnoxious neighbors living in apartment buildings, and I thought people who owned their homes were better off. This website proves that obnoxious and inconsiderate people can be found everywhere.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I laughed when I saw that this situation is located in Littleton, Colorado. (very sick on my part, I know! )

I just hope this is old news and the situation is now resolved. Surely there is SOME legal recourse. Children's Protective Services should have been called because there are major violations there which can be proven via videotape. Not that brats like that should be protected!

Note to self: write thank you notes to my well behaved neighbors!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I don't think it is resolved. If you notice off to the left is a toolbar with a daily (or monthly) update. looks like the last time he updated was in January. I started reading his site three years ago and it is the same old impasse. Wonder if he knows all he has to do is find out who the neighbors homeowners insurance company is and forward them that tape of the kids jumping in a dangerous manner on the trampoline and they'd drop that family's homeowners policy until they proved that the trampoline was gone.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can't help but feel that this guy is helping to prolong the problem. All he really has to do is hire a good white witch to cast a non-harmful spell and the people would be gone within 30-180 days, Guaranteed.

There's a zillion things he could do to deal with the problem that doesn't involve the law...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, I just read up on the latest couple updates... those people are lowlives dressed up as decent 'burbanites.

One time about 12 years ago this woman I know dragged me to a nude beach in Northern California cuz none of her other friends were available. Pretty soon a big fat beer gut guy came and sat right behind us. I had my clothes on - no way was I revealing my bits to any of those buggers. Anyway, we got up and took a walk and she starts talking about good spells, and explaining them to me. And I'm like, yeah, right. whatever.

So we get back to our blanket, and she gives me a look, does her little hand movement, and I swear within 5 minutes he picked up his blanket and was gone. She said she uses the technique all the time.

Obviously this is a much more entrenched case, but seriously why he hasn't sought a real remedy is beyond me. He needs to start thinking outside the box, because while his site is clever and entertaining, it's brain candy which only feeds the situation rather than resolving it.

I think he is prolonging the problem too, but not sure what he should do about it now. My husband had a problem with his neighbors when I married him, they yelled at each other, their dogs barked at him whenever he was in the yard, and he yelled at their dogs. They called the police on each other because of whatever.
    I niced them to death. I waved and smiled and said Hello to each of them and their kids, made friends with the dogs, taught my husband not to yell at their dogs, it took about a year, but things are much better now, they are definitely not friends (well his wife and I are), but there is no barking, no yelling, no crap being thrown over the back fences at each other.
    It is probably way too late for this technique to work in this situation though.
    Mira, that hand movement is very interesting.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

This is completely unacceptable. He needs to sue the HOA for their refusal to enforce their own rules. This is another perfect example of society expecting adults to cater to children and it's really frustrating.

I was disappointed that the Mercers had him ordered to put up a shield so that he could not see their spawn on the trampoline with his security camera. If my neighbors' kids were jumping on the trampoline to throw rocks at my home, they could damn well guarantee that I'd be videotaping it- and turning the tapes over to the police.

If he really wants to get ugly, he should sue them for defamation as well. Going on tv and to police and insinuating that he's a pedophile because THEY placed their playstructures within view of his security camera is inexcusable. Again, he needs that camera in that location because most (if not all) of the vandalism to his property is the result of the Mercers' kids trespassing in his side yard and vandalizing his property from the trampoline.

And I guarantee that when/if they did finally browbeat him into selling his house, their playstructures' proximity to his property (visibility and noise) would decrease the value of his home or make it very difficult to sell.

He so has legal recourse, but for some reason he chooses not to pursue it beyond his website and trying to hound public officials to step in on his behalf (unless there was legal action beyond the mediation he wrote about that I missed). Although it's a funny read,I have a hard time finding much sympathy if all he wants to do is complain.

He could sue his HOA, sue the Mercer's in civil court, and certainly sue Woody747 for his harrassment. Especially considering all the proof that he has and the fact that it is happening at his workplace.

On a side note - while I completely sympathize with him about how irritating this must be and agree that the kids are definitely taunting him and being completely inappropriate and not well supervised or controlled, he does sound a little too whiney when he says that the kids look at him over the fence. (Reminds me of when you were kids on a road trip and you'd complain to your mom that your sibling was "looking" at you.)

From the look of it, that's a typical new suburban neighborhood and you have to expect that there's going to be some overlapping of lifestyles when the houses are the absolute minimum distance apart. That's the price you pay if you live in that type of neighborhood. (Obviously the neighbors are extreme, but I think he is being a little extreme too.)

Neighbors can make your life a living hell. I've talked about my drunk neighbor that has had sex on her front steps and throws her bottles into the recycle bin every hour on the hour (she's an environmentally aware drunk). I've never had anything quite this bad, but I've had some real charmers. When I lived in an apartment, a couple used to store their babies dirty diapers outside of their front door. The walkways are at least outside, but still. You would have to walk past their alcove and smell poop. Then there was another neighbor who would hack up loogies and spit them over the balcony at all hours. I have a pet peeve about spitting anyway, but anytime I was on my balcony he would come out and spit. He was in the unit above me.

Now, I have the drunk and the Mr. I'm Important And Must Talk Into My Bluetooth Headset As Loud As I Can At All Hours Of The Day!

Our neighbors are a very friendly, suburban WASP couple in their late 30s/early 40s with two boys. They both have good jobs and are involved with the PTA at their boys' school and little league baseball. One night shortly after they'd moved in, my mom noticed smoke and a strange smell coming over the fence from their backyard. She peeked over the fence to make sure that everything was ok and saw the couple sitting on their back patio smoking weed. She soon learned that this is a regular occurence. They do it at least once a week and my mom thinks it's the most hilarious thing she's ever seen. Last time I was home, she said, "I wish they'd invite me to join them!" I was just like

At my dad's house, we have across the street neighbors who grate on my last nerves. They're an elderly, VERY nosy couple who feel it's their duty to call my dad and tattle every time we do something (they called and told my dad that my brother had a "party" at the house- in reality it was a few guys from the basketball team). They even call the house when we go over there and our parents are not there to ask us what we're doing in the house. Like it's any of their damn business. Once, my parents hired a teenage girl to babysit for my half sister and brother and the guy who lives across the street claims that he saw a light on in my parents room. He didn't think she should be in there, so he LET HIMSELF IN to the house and hunted her down, finding her in my stepmom's large walk in closet with my sister. He then told my parents that the girl was "snooping in their closet." I pointed out to my dad that she was probably hiding and he had the locks changed. Unfortunately, my dad still considers them to be friends (I think because he feels sorry for them).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information