Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Random freaky, potentially NSFL, things thread...

Default Random freaky, potentially NSFL, things thread...

I wanted to post something but couldn't find a thread that would be a decent home for it, so I hope it's okay if I start this one.

And the inaugural post is a worm that is straight out of Alien:

Have seen this on FB and another site. Truly shudder-worthy. Nightmare inducing. The worst movie-CGI effects come to life. Literally cannot think of how to properly explain the creepy-crawlies this gives me. Could have lived the rest of my life without knowing something like this actually exists.
    MohandasKGanja and BITTER like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Ok, one video was enough Mohandas....
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite

By: Daniel Xu +

Posted: 4/22/15

Austin Hatfield holding what appeared to be the cottonmouth before the incident (left) and and in the hospital after the bite (right).

One Florida man learned the hard way that water moccasins do not make the best kissing partners. According to Fox 13, 18-year-old Austin Hatfield of Wimauma was hospitalized last Saturday after being bitten by a cottonmouth while attempting to kiss it.

Friends said that Hatfield had captured the snake from his girlfriend’s yard several days before and was keeping it in a pillowcase. Hatfield occasionally took the snake out to kiss it on the mouth, but on Saturday, the snake decided to end the relationship.

“He took it out, put it on his chest and it was acting funny, and it jumped up and got him,” said Jason Belcher, who witnessed the attack. “He ripped it off his face, threw it on the ground and he started swelling up immediately. It was pretty frightening.”

The 18-year-old was transported to Tampa General Hospital’s emergency room in critical condition, but doctors have since said that he is expected to recover. Although cottonmouth bites can be effectively treated with antivenom, the snake is still considered very dangerous and have been known to cause fatalities. Common symptoms of a cottonmouth bite include severe swelling, intense pain, and signs of shock due to the body’s reaction to the venom.

Officials from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) said they are investigating the case and have euthanized the snake that is believed to have bitten Hatfield. According to FWC spokesperson Gary Morse, Hatfield could face charges for illegally capturing and keeping the cottonmouth without a permit. Cottonmouths, also known as mangrove rattlers or worm-tailed pitvipers, are considered dangerous animals and Morse said that those who come across them should keep their distance.

Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite | OutdoorHub
    "I don't want to see a ghost. It's the sight that I fear most. I'd rather have a piece of toast." Des'ree

I hope his girlfriend had the common sense to dump his dumb ass.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I hope his girlfriend had the common sense to dump his dumb ass.
    And not kiss his cottonmouth snake...
    MohandasKGanja and BITTER like this.

Mildly freaky. I've been fascinated by these two animals for years.

The ungainly, depressed-looking blobfish:

The Yeti Crab. Only discovered for the first time 10 years ago. He looks like he could jump out of the water and chase you across a snow bank. But he's only 6 inches long:
    panic and sputnik like this.

^^My daughter watches a show called The Octonauts. She knows all about the yeti crab and the blob fish.

awwww
    "I don't want to see a ghost. It's the sight that I fear most. I'd rather have a piece of toast." Des'ree

Elite Member

The alien worm reminds me of a sea-cucumber, they like to have a squirt every now and then also (usually when some dumb-ass human is poking them with a stick ).

The Blobfish and Yeti crab are too cute for words, i think they are adorable.

KrisNine, it is wonderful that your daughter is learning about these amazing creatures from a cartoon.. Good on the creators of The Octonauts, for making such a lovely and educational cartoon.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

^^The Octonauts are amazing. They've taught me a thing or two. Great little cartoon for kids.

Aye Aye's look like creepy old men that jack off behind mailboxes.

"A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I think blob fishs only look strange when they're not under water. It has something to do with the pressure at the depths where they live. Still very funny creatures though.
    -

once again, we really have gotten past the point that specifying the state is really necessary, right?
    Clubber Lang and Honeythorn like this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information