Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Lolo Jones is going to be SO much fun on her honeymoon night.....

Default Lolo Jones is going to be SO much fun on her honeymoon night.....

...Not:

Lolo Jones on 50 Shades of Grey: ‘God Didn’t Create Sex for That Purpose’

Lolo Jones ✔ @lolojones
    Follow

Funny how some people think there's nothing wrong with 50 shades of Grey. God didn't create sex for that purpose. Watch another movie
    4:58 PM - 17 Feb 2015

This is actually what she said:

"50 Shades of Grey. I asked my followers to ‘watch another movie’. Imagine being called the most derogatory names, like a “b_ _ _ _ ” or a “c_ _ _” just for encouraging people to not promote something that is harmful. I just wish every woman would know she is worth more than what this movie depicts. And that every man knows being a gentleman is not outdated.
    Women were never created to be treated that horribly. And men were never created to treat women, or anyone for that matter, that abusively. It creates a completely false image of true love.
    “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8
    If God has called me to think about “such things” as listed above, I know without the shadow of a doubt that “such things” do not include glamorizing sexual violence, violence against women, abuse of power or premarital sex. Encouraging acts like that, such as in ’50 Shades of Grey’ can only influence and manipulate what is “normal” as opposed to what is right."

From her FB page.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

How does she know what the movie is about?

Who doesn't? LOL! Even if one hasn't seen it, they've heard from those who have or from those who have read the book.
    Sarzy likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Who doesn't? LOL! Even if one hasn't seen it, they've heard from those who have or have read the book.
    I haven't seen it or read the book and I have barely any idea what it's about, except that it has premarital sex and some BDSM elements. To me, it sounds like she's comparing this to Looking for Mr. Goodbar.

The BDSM community really seems to take issue with this film/book, so perhaps Jones has a point, albeit one that she reached in some strange way. It's been repeatedly noted that the relationship is textbook abusive and not 'real' BDSM at all. They are quite angry about it.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

she probably has a point about the abusive elements. but then she threw premarital sex into the mix and the bible and it all got so stupid that whatever point she had was lost.
    Kittylady, MsDark and *DIVA! like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^Yeah she lost me with the premarital sex thing, but her comments in general seem to be saying any sex other than for the purpose of babymaking is bad and it has to be gentle and polite. So if you like a little of the rough stuff, Baby Jeebus doesn't approve.
    sputnik, Kittylady and MsDark like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8

If God has called me to think about “such things” as listed above, I know without the shadow of a doubt that “such things” do not include glamorizing sexual violence, violence against women, abuse of power or premarital sex.
    I have experienced some premarital sex that was lovely, commendable, excellent, and worthy of praise. Can't say it was pure, though
    Kittylady, witchcurlgirl and sluce like this.

she's close to the crazy side anyhow.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A few of my ex hillbilly relatives took me to task on her FB because I said that none of them actual knew what the movie was about and was only going on what they heard some dimwit said on talk radio!! They didn't even know it was a book before the movie!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

How old is Lolo Jones anyway? I thought she was hot until she started opening her mouth about things.

What a waste.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ 32 according to wiki.
    Apart from the god and premarital stuff I tend to agree with her here.
    nwgirl likes this.

Well, she's right that 50 shades sucks and people should not waste their time.
    Kittylady and BelledeJour like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

In all honesty I think people are giving Lolo Jones too much credit. Her initial statement was that "God didn't create sex for that purpose" which is patented "blah, blah, blah premarital sex is evil" stuff. Only after a firestorm of replies did she, one day later, put up a FaceBook post that put a different spin on things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information