Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By gas_chick
  • 3 Post By SHELLEE

Thread: Wife of top Texas anti-gay crusader divorces him to be with lesbian partner

Default Wife of top Texas anti-gay crusader divorces him to be with lesbian partner

sweet.

Wife of top Texas anti-gay crusader divorces him to be with lesbian partner

By David Edwards
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:39 EDT

The leader of an anti-LGBT group who has joined with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott to ban same-sex marriage had his own marriage end after his wife began a romantic relationship with another woman.

According to court documents obtained by Lone Star Q, Corrine Morris Rodriguez Saenz was dating another woman when she filed for divorce from Jonathan Saenz in 2011. Less than six months later, Jonathan Saenz took over as the president of the state’s top anti-gay group, Texas Values.

Corrine Saenz told the court that she wanted to end her marriage on the grounds that it was “insupportable due to discord or conflict of personalities … that destroys the legitimate ends of marriage and prevents reasonable expectations of reconciliation.”

Jonathan Saenz initially asked the court to refuse to grant the divorce, and to bar “any unrelated adult, with whom the parent has an intimate, romantic, emotional, and/or dating relationship to remain in the presence of the children, including but not limited to Ercimin Paredes, a/k/a Ercilia M. Paredes.”

Paredes was reportedly Corrine Saenz’s girlfriend, and the two worked together at as teachers at Becker Elementary School in the Austin Independent School District.

Nearly two years after the divorce battle began, Jonathan Saenz filed a counterpetition for divorce in May of 2013, accusing Corrine Saenz of adultery. The petition also asked that Paredes be permanently barred from access to the children.

The divorce became final on Aug. 1, 2013, and the Agreed Final Decree of Divorce made no mention of Paredes.

The Final Decree stated that both parents had the right “to direct the moral and religious training of the children.”

Earlier this year, U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia ruled that Texas’ ban on same-sex marriage violated the Equal Protection clause of the U.S. Constitution. Jonathan Saenz has been working alongside Attorney General Abbott, the Republican Party’s nominee for governor, to overturn the decision.

“There is wide support for the state’s rights and for marriage to remain between one man and one woman. That cuts across political lines, across faith lines and across demographic lines,” Jonathan Saenz said earlier this month.

Watch the video below from KEYE-TV, broadcast Aug. 5, 2014.

(video at source) Wife of top Texas anti-gay crusader divorces him to be with lesbian partner

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I hope she is very happy and he chokes on his bitterness.
    Kittylady and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

love it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sputnik, witchcurlgirl and sluce like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

very interesting.

From looking at the timeline, though, it doesn't seem to have that rich irony of an anti-LGBT crusader finding out that their spouse is actually gay/lesbian. Instead, it looks like this guy got so pissed about his wife leaving him in 2011 for another woman that he vindictively signed on to an anti-gay lobbying group.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    From looking at the timeline, though, it doesn't seem to have that rich irony of an anti-LGBT crusader finding out that their spouse is actually gay/lesbian. Instead, it looks like this guy got so pissed about his wife leaving him in 2011 for another woman that he vindictively signed on to an anti-gay lobbying group.
    and that only makes him look worse and even more pathetic.
    besides, with the real anti-gay crusaders, they're usually the ones in the closet, not their beards.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information