Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: I came THIS close to involuntarily joining the Where's That Bitch At thread.....

Default I came THIS close to involuntarily joining the Where's That Bitch At thread.....

Last night, when I was driving home - about 3 miles away, I saw this HUGE plume of black smoke up ahead on the side of the road. It turned out to be a car on fire:

As I got closer, I could see that it was the worst freaking car fire I have ever personally seen in my life. The whole thing - from bumper to bumper - was one giant ball of yellow flame. In the pic below, you can see a white car behind the ball of flame. I don't know what that guy was doing because he wasn't an emergency vehicle.

An ambulance and police care whizzed past. People were trying to get around by going to the left. Like you can see me doing above. But dumbasses were stopping and gawking. I was basically stuck.

So, finally a couple of cars start to clear out, but there is one dumbass still blocking me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing but the flaming car appeared to be moving - BACKWARD.

After staring with my mouth hanging open for a second, I could see it moving clearly, and it was going diagonally across traffic toward where the dumbass and I were stopped.

At the last second, the dumbass pulls ahead, giving me about 5 seconds to get clear of a flaming ball of fire that is rolling directly toward me. I drove down in the ditch to get away, and I could literally feel myself almost cooking as this thing slowly rolled by. After it got about 25 feet past me, it stopped. And exploded. Not a huge explosion, but an explosion. Now, I'm stuck in the ditch on the left. I try to drive straight out, but the effing netting in the ditch is making my tires spin. Finally I crank my car perpendicular to the guardrail and drive backward out of the ditch and back onto the road. The whole time I'm doing that, a state trooper is staring at me like "Isn't that something!"

GR wouldn't do without our Mo. Glad you're safe.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Good grief! This is scary-I hope the people in the car jumped out.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Good grief! This is scary-I hope the people in the car jumped out.
    It's hard to tell, but I think they did. There were two people walking around behind the car talking before the ambulance and police showed up. But I don't know if they were from the white car, behind the flaming car. WBAL has a story about a traffic fatality in the area yesterday, but nothing about this, so I'm hopeful that it was an engine fire that spread slowly.

holy shit. i wonder what started the whole thing? how did their car just catch fire?
    glad you're ok, mo, look forward to many more years of pie charts and dad jokes
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Jeezo Mo thats awful, I really hope the people are ok. Glad you're safe and sound. Pie chart of the likelihood of death by car fire?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    holy shit. i wonder what started the whole thing? how did their car just catch fire?
    glad you're ok, mo, look forward to many more years of pie charts and dad jokes
    Bad wiring can cause it. Or leaky gaskets (o-rings that connect metal parts together) could spill fluid that will catch fire if it touches hot engine parts. I have seen multiple car fires on the side of the road. But I'd never seen one consume an entire car like that. It must have breached the gas line fairly early. But I can't figure out where there wasn't an explosion until at least 5 minutes later.

Holy fuckballs. Glad you escaped being taken out by this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Glad you weren't a Flaming Moe!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

fgg

^that would have been a great thread title "i was almost a flaming mo!"
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Mo! Glad you're ok. Very scary.

So glad you're safe, Mo! It must have been so scary, I got scared just reading about it how you were stuck behind that moron and could see the flaming car coming at you. Really hope there were no casualties.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

What an experience! Glad you're ok.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

My gosh!! Glad you are ok!!

I hope Mrs Mo knows to inform us if you are ever attacked by a backward driving fireball again.

Glad you are ok, Mo...you're our white member of the Brown Sugar Fan Club. We need ya!!
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information