Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Normal Barbie uses real women's measurements

Default Normal Barbie uses real women's measurements

I really don't know where to put miscellaneous stuff like this, but I figured it fell under the category of oddity. I would definitely buy one of these. Maybe if they made this doll, they might make some non-skanky clothes for Barbie too.

'Normal' Barbie uses real women's measurements - TODAY.com'Normal' Barbie uses real women's measurements

Scott Stump TODAY contributor

5 hours ago
    Nickolay Lamm / MyDeals.com
    Artist Nickolay Lamm created a 3-D rendering of a "normal" Barbie (pictured at right) next to a standard Barbie by using the CDC's measurements for an average 19-year-old American woman.

Meet “normal” Barbie: She’s not impossibly tall and skinny, but instead created in the proportions of the average 19-year-old American woman.
    Using a 3-D model, Photoshop and the Centers for Disease Control’s measurements of the average 19-year-old woman, artist Nickolay Lamm of MyDeals.com has created a rendering of what a Barbie doll would look like if it better resembled an average woman. He used the CDC measurements to make a 3-D model, dressed it up like a Barbie using Photoshop, then photographed a standard Barbie doll next to his model to show the difference.
    Nickolay Lamm / MyDeals.com
    Lamm created the normal Barbie because he "wanted to show that average is beautiful."

“I created normal Barbie because I wanted to show that average is beautiful,’’ Lamm wrote in an email to TODAY.com. “If average-looking Barbie looks this good and if there's even a chance of Barbie negatively influencing young girls, why not make one?”

Lamm noted that there can be “different interpretations” of what is considered an “average’’ body type, but that using the CDC measurements makes his creation “pretty close.’’

He writes in his post on MyDeals.com that “some people say that we shouldn’t pay attention to the body proportions of Barbie because she is just a toy.” However, he then cites research suggesting Barbie may lead to heightened body dissatisfaction among young girls, unhealthy eating behaviors, and a desire to eat less in order to achieve a slim body.
    Created with a 3-D printer, “normal’’ Barbie has also drawn some attention for having a bigger backside than the standard Barbie. Singer Demi Lovato, who has been an advocate of preventing eating disorders in young girls, tweeted her approval of Lamm’s proportions to her more than 15 million followers.

Lamm wouldn't mind if the dolls went from beyond the prototype stage to an actual product sold in stores.
    “If normal Barbie can be made, I feel she'll have a more positive influence on girls than Barbie in its current form,’’ he wrote. “Normal Barbie shows that you are beautiful, just the way you are.”
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Damn. New Barbie has a badonkadonk!
    Just Kill Me and Laxmobster like this.

The new shorter Barbie looks like Heather Locklear in the face. I am sure that's coincidental...

She looks like Skipper! but with an ass!

Is the average American 19 year old also duck footed?
    sputnik likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    She looks like Skipper! but with an ass!
    I never quite cared for skipper.
    Lobelia likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I never quite cared for skipper.
    lol why?

Idk she just annoyed me, like a younger sister. I don't have any sisters btw.
    Air Quotes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Idk she just annoyed me, like a younger sister. I don't have any sisters btw.
    Baha, I remember Barbie had another friend (sister?) too, early on, but I can't remember her name. She didn't have the flat feet like Skipper. Ok, found it: P.J, and Midge, those are the ones I can remember. Here is a list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nds_and_family
    Midge (1963-1966, 1988-) This character was Barbie doll's first female friend from Wisconsin, and the first character added to the Barbie product line, after Barbie and Ken. In the Random House novels, her last name is Hadley. After she married Allan/Alan in 1991, she became Midge Hadley Sherwood. She is named Viky in Brazil (from the book Barbie Doll Around the World, by J. Michael Augustyniak, copyright 2008 Collector Books). In 2013 she moved to California, and becomes best friends with Barbie again.
    Stacey (1968-1971) This character was Barbie doll's "British chum", part of the new group of Talking dolls for 1968. She was later issued as a Twist 'N Turn version. These are the only two types of Stacey dolls ever made.
    Christie O'Neil (1968–present) Barbie doll's first African-American friend character, Christie was part of the new group of Talking dolls for 1968. Christie was later issued as a Twist 'N Turn version. The character appeared in the product line continuously for many years, though the original Christie face sculpt was discontinued in the late 1970s.
    P.J. (1969-1984) This doll was initially marketed as "New 'N Groovy Talking P.J.", and originally used the Midge face sculpt. Later versions of the P.J. character used the Steffie face sculpt, starting in 1972 with The Sun Set Malibu P.J. One P.J. doll, 1983 Dream Date P.J., was described as "Barbie doll's cousin" on her box, though this was never mentioned anywhere else. To date, Mattel has declared that the initials P.J. don't stand for anything, that it is simply the character's name.

I've never heard of any of these "friends"! She probably had an early version of an iPad.
    faithanne, Laurent and Ravenna like this.

Elite Member

Barbie got back.

Call me crazy but I kind of like original Barbie... Nostalgia and all that.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Baha, I remember Barbie had another friend (sister?) too, early on, but I can't remember her name. She didn't have the flat feet like Skipper. Ok, found it: P.J, and Midge, those are the ones I can remember. Here is a list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nds_and_family
    Midge.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Does the average 19-year-old American woman really have a shelf ass?

I remember Midge. My cousin always played Midge as a lesbian when we would play. And then Barbie had a friend we who was a hooker. Her Donnie Osmond doll was always her john. lol. Those were the day!
    MmeVertigina and Brookie like this.

Midge is what my friends call me Because I'm barely 5'1".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information