Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Gird Your Loins! It's Aintree 2013

Default Gird Your Loins! It's Aintree 2013

Tights in short supply in Liverpool? Racegoers brave the cold on the first day of Aintree with bare legs and skimpy dresses

Liverpool One shopping centre reports 8.7% uplift in fashion and beauty sales in the six weeks prior to the race meet
    As well as 2000 litres of fake tan 10,000 clutch bags and 38,700 pairs of stiletto heels have been sold for the event
    A Harvey Nichols SOS beauty tent will be on site to fix last minute beauty blunders
    Racecourse chiefs say the day is set to be a record with 33,000 people attending

Each year Liverpool's Aintree race course plays host to one of the season's most exciting meets ... but most of the action happens off the turf as racing fans compete to outdo each other in the style stakes.

The women of Liverpool are famous for their commitment to glamour and the annual event is the perfect opportunity to show off their bright, beautiful, weird and wonderful spring wardrobes. Accessorized, always, with a deep mahogany tan.

Last year's April showers couldn't dampen the spirits of the gangs of girls who braved the icy temperatures in bare legs, thigh high skirts and killer heels.

And today as temperatures in Liverpool hit 8C fashion watchers enjoyed another style spectacular.

Ladies Day, the day traditionally reserved for the most outrageous outfits, isn't until tomorrow but Aintree's fun-loving racing fans see every day of the three day event as an excuse to dress up.

The Liverpool One shopping centre has predicted record sales of racing style essentials estimating that 10,000 clutch bags, 2,000 litres of fake tan and 38,700 pairs of stiletto heels will be sold for the event.

Stephen Crolley, store manager at Debenhams in Liverpool One, said: 'Last year we saw a massive increase in women purchasing glam accessories in the run up to Ladies Day and this year we expected more of the same as shoppers look to make a statement.'

Harvey Nichols' flagship beauty hall, the 'Beauty Bazaar' is even hosting an on site SOS tent: a one-stop beauty-fix area that will be on hand between 7am and 9pm to rescue rain damaged hairdos, solve chipped nail disasters and offer make-up touch ups.

And popular Liverpool hair salon Electric Hair anticipated more than 260 hours of styling this week while Superdrug predicted a 150% increase in the sale of false eyelashes.

Harvey Nichols' flagship beauty hall, the 'Beauty Bazaar' is even hosting an on site SOS tent: a one-stop beauty-fix area that will be on hand between 7am and 9pm to rescue rain damaged hairdos, solve chipped nail disasters and offer make-up touch ups.

And popular Liverpool hair salon Electric Hair anticipated more than 260 hours of styling this week while Superdrug predicted a 150% increase in the sale of false eyelashes.

Victoria Meekings of Harvey Nichols, which stages a beauty bazaar at the racecourse, said the bitterly cold winds around Merseyside today and tomorrow were unlikely to encourage women racegoers to wrap up.

'At the end of the day the girls are here to show off their fabulous outfits so I think they'll be braving the elements,' she said.

'Aintree is a fantastic place to see what's trending and where the big labels are scoring hits with the public.

'It's real fashion theatre to see all the ladies dressed up in their heels and their dresses.

'Tomorrow is Ladies' Day and it is very exciting as we wait and see what people are going to wear.

'Liverpool girls always pull out all the stops and Ladies' Day at the Grand National is important to them so it's going to be a tremendous day.

Big trends of the Grand Opening Day included bare arms and legs and peaches and cream colour palettes as the women attempted to embrace spring fashions.

Liverpool style staples of platform shoes and bodycon dresses remained as popular as ever, and one style conscious racegoer arrived in 7in Christian Louboutin heels and a backless dress featuring a thigh-high split.

Each year Aintree also hosts the hotly contested Matalan Style Contest.

Organiser Teresa Potts said: 'Monochrome is going to be huge this year. We've also got some fluorescent colours and bright colours on display.

'Style-wise we're looking at a lot of fitted shapes, very much copying the Victoria Beckham look.

'For the men, it's going to be traditional, smart tailored suits inspired by Daniel Craig in Skyfall.'

The Grand Opening Day featured a host of live music acts, including a headline performance from The Saturdays and a performance from electronic string quartet Escala.

This morning MD Productions, the local dance troupe who impressed Simon Cowell with their anti-guns routine on Britain's Got Talent performed for the crowds.

The Dance group appeared on the TV show in 2009 and have since appeared in several music videos as well as the MTV show, My Super Sweet Sixteen.

The man behind MD Productions, self-taught choreographer Miguel Doforo, said: 'Over the last few years we’ve danced all over the world, but we’re especially excited about performing at Liverpool Day.

'We all love doing shows in our home town anyway, but to dance as part of the John Smith’s Grand National Festival is a real honour.'

Among the well-known local names spotted enjoying today's races were heavyweight boxer David Price and actress Claire Sweeney.

Source: Aintree 2013: Liverpool ladies prepared to bare having splashed out on 2000 litres of fake tan | Mail Online
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Elite Member

YAY!! I love the Aintree threads. I so want to go to this, once before I die.

It's finally here! An event better than Christmas!
    Lalique, chartreuse and Honeythorn like this.

Awesomeness.

I'm so disturbed when I run across something I might be caught dead in here.
    nancydrew and NoDayButToday like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I have a question, do they purposefully look as shitty and tacky as they can? Or do they genuinely believe they look good?
    sluce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I have a question, do they purposefully look as shitty and tacky as they can? Or do they genuinely believe they look good?
    All of the above.
    Brah likes this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

they have to be trying to be tacky
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Yay! Nothing says spring like Aintree!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Boo, I can't see the pics. Every now and then my work computer decides to block Daily Mail, so now I have to wait until I get home to ogle the tacky.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

LOL, this is some scary shit...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

God-damn I love Aintree!
    nancydrew likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This is the best day.
    effie2 likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

oh i love Aintree so! I don't think my day can get any better!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Ok all kidding aside half of these are men right?
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I love the girls with the control top panty hose sticking out of their shorts
    Mel1973 and southernbelle like this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information