In order to fool people that you are a Canadian you must take the following steps:
1) First of all, make sure that everyone around you knows that you are not American. If someone mistakes you for a yank, pretend to be mortally offended.
2) Buy a case of beer and watch the hockey game with your friends and family on Saturday night. It doesn't matter what game, or what time. The beer may be Canadian, or an import from Europe. Under no circumstances should you drink American beer while watching hockey.
3) After the game, complain about your team’s management and suggest brilliant ideas guaranteed to put your team back on top.
4) ...but point out that at least they are not an American team.
5) Depending on the season, complain about the heat or the cold to a complete stranger. Do this while you…
5a- Stand in line and pick up your Tim Hortons double-double coffee and maple cream donut.
5b- After lunch/breakfast/dinner (see above)
5c- Get “oot and aboot”: go (ice) fishing, go to your cottage, strap on a snowboard or skis, take a kayak/canoe for a paddle, have a campfire in the great outdoors, watch the northern lights, all while drinking a (Canadian or European import, never American) beer and/or enjoying some prime B.C. weed.
6) Make fun of American presidents whenever possible.
7) If anybody asks " Do you know (insert name here) who lives in Canada?", claim that you do and that you're old friends.
8) And finally, make a big deal about never making a big deal out of all the fresh air and water.