1 "Sure, there have been deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."
2. "And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.I saw her snatch this morning
and it was amazing ! "
(Pat Glenn - weightlifting commentator)
3. "Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Darryl Gibson comes inside of him."
(New Zealandrugby commentator Murray Mexted)
4. "This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother."
(Ted Walsh - horse racing commentator)
5. "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."
6. "The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it,
which is identical."
(Murray Walker - F1 racingcommentator)
7. "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my father and mother."
8. "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same
(Terry Venables - Soccer Coach)
9. "I would not say that David Ginola is the best left winger in the
Premiership, but there are none better."
(Ron Atkinson - soccer coach)
10. "Ah, isn't that nice. The wife of the Cambridgepresident is
the cox of the Oxford crew."
(Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977)
11. "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on
12. "Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seems to hang in the
for even longer."
13. "What will you do when you leave football, Jack. Will you stay in
(Stuart Hall Radio 5 live)
14. "And there goes Juantorena down the back straight, opening his legs
and showing his class."
(David Coleman at the MontrealOlympics)
15. "One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is
before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses
them....Oh My God! What have I just said?!!!"
(US PGA Commentator)
16. "For those of you who are watching in black and white, the blue is
behind the brown."
(Ted Lowe, Snooker commentator)
17. True story... a female news anchor who, the day after it was
supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and
asked... "So Bob, where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?" ...
Not only did he have to leave the set, but half the crew did too as they
were laughing so hard!