Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiled brat daughter writes nasty post on Facebook, father shoots her laptop

Default Spoiled brat daughter writes nasty post on Facebook, father shoots her laptop

IT guy answers daughter's Facebook rant by shooting her laptop € The Register

An angry American IT pro has responded to a rude Facebook post from his daughter by riddling her laptop with a fusillade of bullets and posting video of the shooting on YouTube.

[youtube]kl1ujzRidmU[/youtube]

Here it is, with the incensed dad leading in by reading out the offending Facebook post and offering a few points in response before emptying his .45 – apparently loaded with "exploding hollow point rounds"* – into his daughter's machine.

Viewers will note that the testy IT-guy's daughter had seemingly blocked her Facebook diatribe from being viewed by her parents, despite the fact that it was notionally addressed to them. Not only did she show an undoubtedly misguided faith in Facebook's privacy defences (all the more unwise, as her father points out, when one has a dad who works in tech), the obstreperous teen also showed a very poor awareness of cliche, leading off her remarks with the statement that she is not her parents' slave.

For those preferring a summary to audio, the oppressed teen seemingly objected to doing such chores as cleaning, emptying the dishwasher and making her bed, and felt that her parents should pay her for doing these things rather than nagging her to get a job. The young lady added that "we have a cleaning lady for a reason", and also suggested that her parents should get off their fat asses and pour their own coffee.

Her dad, who apparently discovered these thoughts while upgrading his daughter's machine, begs to differ before moving on to the aforementioned enpopment of caps in the hapless laptop. Piling on the punishments, he adds that he expects to bill his daughter both for the software added to the machine and for the cost of the bullets expended in destroying it.

"When you're not grounded again," he adds, "whatever year that turns out to be, you can have a new computer. When you buy one."

The online community seemed broadly to stand behind the enraged, pistol-packing IT dad, with the vid standing at well over 36,000 likes compared to just 3,000 dislikes as of publication of this article.

Bootnote
    *From the vid one would say probably just hollowpoint. It's pretty common to hear various kinds of expanding/dum-dum rounds (previous Reg coverage here) described as "explosive" or "exploding" but they almost never contain an actual explosive charge in the projectile itself (as opposed to the propellant charge in the cartridge which blows the bullet out of the gun).

Technically for anti-materiel work, hollowpoints wouldn't normally be the choice - though of course our gun-fancying readers may differ on this point, it's what comment threads are for - but in this case the job seems to have been done in a workmanlike fashion.

Parent of the year! Entitled teenagers getting their comeuppance makes my day!

He's not parent of the year. He raised her to be that way!
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

So she had the most age old teen complaint and her father destroyed something he paid for in the first place? Bet he loses his job too for such a lack of control (couldn't view the vid though). He's not very bright.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

parent of the year? i think it's funny when people cheer this sort of bullshit on without stopping to think that, like twitchy said, it's their parenting skills that made the kid who she is.

plus, who the hell shoots at stuff to solve a problem?? he's fucking retarded and feral. seriously. look at him. what the fuck is this, Tea Party Parenting in action?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't know most teenagers are dumb enough to pull this in one way or another, he put his foot down about it so I have to say go Dad.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

It's horrible. He didn't like something she said and instead of dealing with it in an adult fashion and actually talking to her and suspending her internet privileges/taking away the computer, he has a hissy and destroys her computer? Then he proceeds to publicly humiliate her by posting the video and facebook posts. And he's enjoying it. It's not "the most disappointing day of my life". Huge invasion of her privacy to get into her facebook in the first place when she had it all locked down. She had a private rant and he's blown it all out of proportion.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

But it wasn't the first time she had done it and he had already tried the grounding. He found it while trying to fix her computer he wasn't just being nosy and sorry if you want privacy get your own house. Yes he went overboard but I get it, I have one of those kids who think they are so mistreated because they have to do chores and will bitch in the stupidest ways and gets caught doing it every damn time.

So take the computer away. But making a video announcing one's parenting decisions so that you can have the congratulations of strangers is just weird.

Yes it is but I but she will stick to bitching with her friends face to face now. Or writing letters to her parents and then burning them. Kids have to learn not to put stupid shit online because it can haunt you forever and hopefully she at least learned that.

A lot of teenagers go through a lazy phase where they sleep all day and think their parents are evil overlords. I don't think her attitude is necessarily a reflection of his parenting. It's just as likely normal teenage bullshit thinking.

His posting this on her fb page is meant to humiliate her though, and I think that's immature and pretty hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    A lot of teenagers go through a lazy phase where they sleep all day and think their parents are evil overlords. I don't think her attitude is necessarily a reflection of his parenting. It's just as likely normal teenage bullshit thinking.

His posting this on her fb page is meant to humiliate her though, and I think that's immature and pretty hurtful.
    Playing devil's advocate, it could be argued that the daughter posting her diatribe on Facebook in the first place was embarrassing to her parents too.

From what I gather, this seemed to be a "last resort" sort of thing. I put my hat off to parents anyhow, but I know the teenage years can be very frustrating in general.

I don't. He's giving the message that 'if I feel disrespected by you, I'll destroy your things' and 'you can't complain about me but I can publicly complain about you' Just watch her have some relationship in a few years that ends up on the news because she goes psycho on her boyfriends belongings.

I think this was a long time coming. Sounds like this kid is spoiled as fuck. That's the only thing I fault these parents for. Kid can always move out, get a job and pay her own bills if she thinks she's got it so hard and deserves the respect she doesn't see fit to give her parents. My friend spoiled the fuck out of her daughter and now going through some similar shit.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Playing devil's advocate, it could be argued that the daughter posting her diatribe on Facebook in the first place was embarrassing to her parents too.

From what I gather, this seemed to be a "last resort" sort of thing. I put my hat off to parents anyhow, but I know the teenage years can be very frustrating in general.
    But that's the point of teenagers. They are supposed try boundaries and push back against their authority figures.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    But that's the point of teenagers. They are supposed try boundaries and push back against their authority figures.
    And get their asses put in check when they do!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information