Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family stuck in corn maze calls 911

Default Family stuck in corn maze calls 911

BOSTON -- A North Shore police department received an unusual emergency call on Monday from a family that was lost in a corn maze in Danvers.

The family used a cellphone to call from Connors Farm in Danvers at about 7 p.m. Tuesday after the couple and their two children -- a 5-year-old and a 3-week-old -- became lost in the maize maze about dusk, police said.

"I'm really scared. It's really dark and we've got a 3-week-old baby with us," the woman told the 911 dispatcher.

"Just relax. Your husband is with you, right?" the dispatcher asked.

"Yes, but my baby!" the woman said.

Police alerted farm management of the Everett family's predicament, and a rescue, including a K-9, was organized.

K-9 officer Justin Ellenton said when he got to the entrance of the maze, he yelled and family answered.

The family, whose name was not released, was found about 25 feet inside the maze unharmed.

"We thought this could be fun. Instead it's a nightmare," the caller told the 911 operator.

"The son was getting upset and they didn't want to have to go through the rest of the maze to get to the end. They kind of wanted out right now," said farm manager Rich Potter.

The maze, a tourist attraction that winds people down paths between towering 9-foot tall cornstalks, generally takes about an hour to complete.

The owner of the farm said no one has ever gotten lost in the maze before, and offered the family free tickets.

"They were grateful, but I don't think they're coming back," Potter said.

The maze path has maps and signs to help people along the way.

The farm has created a maze in its cornfield for the last five years.

Family With Newborn Gets Lost In Corn Maze, Calls 911 - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston
    Sweet Jesus, and they've already bred. I love when the 911 operator asks the guy "How old are you?" - pretty much what I was thinking.

It is a big ass maze. I was reading the story to my kids yesterday, and my daughter (who is 8) said, "I would just walk straight through the corn stalks."

Cool maze!!!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

That is a cool maze! I can see getting lost in there too, though. It's pretty big. Mohandas, your daughter had a good idea on how to get out if you get lost!
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Hit By Ban Bus!

Honestly, they couldn't just turn around and backtrack? They were only in 25ft, it wasn't like they were stuck in the middle. I would have left them there, to be quite honest.

And it never occurred to them to just walk in a straight line right through the corn?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I have always wanted to go in a huge ass maze like that but never had the chance...only the little ones for little kids...boring. Ungrateful lazy bastards.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

When I lived in Okinawa, we went into a maze but nothing at all like this. It was still pretty cool though. I think if I were to go into this one, I would bring some beer for sure.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Hit By Ban Bus!

They should be charged for abuse of 911.

I don't know. When you have a three week old baby in your possession, all rational thinking goes out the door. Calling 911 seems a bit over-the-top to me but the panic seems understandable if you really think you're lost, have huge hormone swings and are worried about a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Sweet Jesus, and they've already bred. I love when the 911 operator asks the guy "How old are you?" - pretty much what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I don't know. When you have a three week old baby in your possession, all rational thinking goes out the door. Calling 911 seems a bit over-the-top to me but the panic seems understandable if you really think you're lost, have huge hormone swings and are worried about a baby.
    ^that is a good point and I would never have thought about it that way, however, I could understand if the woman who had just given birth a few weeks ago were emotional and was lacking some common sense, but her spouse was there. All either parent had to do was take charge, pick up one or both of the kids, calm down the other person and walk through the corn. Or yell for help, maybe, but to dial 911?

omg, I just realized they got lost in a Brian and Stewie maze of all things!!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

"Yes, but my baby!" the woman said.

Is there a collection being taken to have these fantastic human specimens spayed and neutered?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

The icing on the cake is surely the farmer offering tickets to the family in order to get lost in his maze again XD Take breadcrumbs next time!!!

Maybe I'm old fashioned or something but is it a good idea to take a three week old baby into a cornfield maze? City girl here although an old one...
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by eboni View Post
    Maybe I'm old fashioned or something but is it a good idea to take a three week old baby into a cornfield maze? City girl here although an old one...
    thought about that, too. Maybe one parent should have taken the other child into the maze while the other took care of the newborn, but really that is overthinking the situation for these morons.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information