Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crispin Glover's Boots are Made for Walking

Bronze Member

Default Crispin Glover's Boots are Made for Walking

http://www.aprilwinchell.com/h/mp3/crispinboots.mp3

Other funny, absurd sound files here:

April Winchell

Apologies, I don't know how to embed a sound file.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Have you ever seen his "Clowney, Clown, Clown" music video? It will haunt you for the rest of your days.....

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Have you ever seen his "Clowney, Clown, Clown" music video? It will haunt you for the rest of your days.....

I have! I love Crispin, and his two big clown feet one parked in the mainstream and one in the avant garde.

Yes it will traumatize
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    I have! I love Crispin, and his two big clown feet one parked in the mainstream and one in the avant garde.
    Let's share the pain:

[youtube]rH6b_lSQst0[/youtube]

Don't forget this one:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTKNahASSDI[/YOUTUBE]
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Don't forget this one:
    [youtube]YTKNahASSDI[/youtube]
    Okay, that was weird (especially seeing R. Lee Ermey playing along), but at least it won't give me nightmares.

Crispin Glover's Willard is a fucked up movie, as well. In fact, it's so fucked up, I bought the DVD.

I saw him do a presentation of his movie "Everything is Fine," along with a spoken word performance of his illustrations. The performance was cool. The movie was not, unless you like to see an old dude with cerebral palsy have sex, Downs' Syndrome people run around, and slugs getting mashed.

I do like everything else he does, though. Layne in River's Edge is classic. I think he needs to be a villain in Batman.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    I do like everything else he does, though. Layne in River's Edge is classic. I think he needs to be a villain in Batman.
    I loved his performance in "River's Edge". I saw it at a free preview in college. All his lines were great/funny. I remember at one point, he yells, ironically, "has everyone here gone crazy?!?!" when he was the most deranged of all of them, including John. I also thought Daniel Roebuck, Dennis "Feck" Hopper, and even Keanu Reeves were really good. And the little brother was disturbing.

i love crispin glover. he's fascinating. and i know he's a fucking weirdo but i'd so hit it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i love crispin glover. he's fascinating. and i know he's a fucking weirdo but i'd so hit it.
    I don't know if you saw it, but Glover gave such a conventional (restrained) performance in Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" that I didn't realize it was him until they rolled the credits.

still haven't gotten round to seeing that yet. everyone i know who saw it said it was mediocre at best and i've been pretty much disappointed by every tim burton film i've seen since 'sleepy hollow' that i've pretty much given up on him. might give it a go if crispin's in it though, i love the man.
    and yeah, i know he usually plays over the top roles but he's also excellent in 'quieter' roles.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    still haven't gotten round to seeing that yet. everyone i know who saw it said it was mediocre at best and i've been pretty much disappointed by every tim burton film i've seen since 'sleepy hollow' that i've pretty much given up on him. might give it a go if crispin's in it though, i love the man.
    and yeah, i know he usually plays over the top roles but he's also excellent in 'quieter' roles.
    We took the kids, which is why we saw the film. In this film, Depp has the crazy, over-the-top performance, while Glover is the straight man. I think this could be really good for Glover, because it could re-align some Hollywood casting agents' ideas about roles he could do.

I also liked him as the Thin Man in the Charlies Angels movie. I watched him on the outtakes part of the DVD and he seems to stay in character even when the rest of the cast is cutting up.

He frightens me.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information