Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nipple Bra - 1970's

Default The Nipple Bra - 1970's

There was a time (based on this ad, the 70's) when having visibly hard nipples was all the rage. But like all fads (I'm looking at you, slap bracelets), its time quickly passed (give up Britney, you'll never bring it back!).
    Our exclusive braless-look-bra is the very first bra to have its own built in nipple. Imagine having that sensual cold weather look all the time. It's so sexy, it'll give your shape a whole new eye-opening dimension.
    I wish they would have come with different nipple options. Like you could get really wonky ones or two nipples on the same teat. That would have been hilarious. And by hilarious I mean out-of-this-world sexy. Like alien nips, but without the deadly venom.

Nipples Used To Be Cool: The Nipple Bra - Geekologie

Or some women can wear these now:

When I was in junior high school the kids would pass a girl in the hallway and say "you left your headlights on".

Geezus, if you have trouble with your nipples not showing you need to move to a colder climate or crank up the A/C.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I think the cast of Friends and Charmed tried to bring back the nipples in the 90's..
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Are you kidding me? I have to be very careful about what bras I buy so this isn't a constant PROBLEM, not the goal If I could count the amount of times my friends have glanced down and coyly said, "Cold?" >
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I specifically buy bras with concealer petals in them to avoid this problem.

And it cracks me up that they made this bra with "daisy lace" on it. I thought the point was for it to look like there was no bra, but they made it with lace that would show through a shirt?

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

haha wtf?
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

i think this bra is silly but i also don't get why so many people worry their nipples might be showing through unless it's at a business meeting or some very formal setting.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Simple, because I don't want people looking at my nipples through my clothes, even if it's harmless. Call me a prude, but I just don't want my nips being so distracting that they take center stage. Like a panty line. Sure most people wear undies, but nobody wants to publicize the fact with vpl.

i don't think it's necessarily a prude v. non-prude thing. i just don't notice. or i'll see it but it doesn't even register. like how some people really notice other people's hands and in particular whether their hands are manicured or not and for me it's just not something i take note of.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well you know how it is here in the U.S.: Boobs are a big deal, always sexualized at the slightest opportunity (hence the 70's nipple bra), people will practically always notice. It's just unwelcome attention/distraction for me and I don't even really have anything worth ogling.

Hit By Ban Bus!

reminds me of those fake nipples samantha wore in a episode of sex and the city

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

When I was in junior high school the kids would pass a girl in the hallway and say "you left your headlights on".
    LOL

we did too
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I've got the ultimate in the nipple bra--- it's got slits cut in it for the nipples to poke out, so I can do hands-free milk pumping. SEXAY! Where all da menfolk at!!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think it's necessarily a prude v. non-prude thing. i just don't notice. or i'll see it but it doesn't even register. like how some people really notice other people's hands and in particular whether their hands are manicured or not and for me it's just not something i take note of.
    This. So very much. Less than shiny shoes as well.
    Unless somebody stumbles smelly and unkempt near me (into a meeting) I might notice general demeanor but otherwise concentrate on their verbal input.

ETA: Beeyotch: I understand that it is a big cultural thing to be noticed. I just did not develop that focus and I find it weird. Any 'friend' who asks me 'cold much?!' would freak me out.

Nipples don't bother me too much. Mine are small anyway (even though the breasts are large) so mine get looked at whether the nipples are in attention or not. I certainly wouldn't want any dumbass bra that comes with built-in nipples! That's just stupid.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information