Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for Douchebag of the Year 2010

Default Nominations for Douchebag of the Year 2010

To get started:

Nomination Number 1

Chris and Karleena Perry of St Albert, Canada who wrote this letter to protest the building of fourteen Habitat for Humanity homes in the community.

Higher-earning families part of St. Albert's appeal

Apr 03, 2010 06:00 am

In the past few months it has become apparent to the people of St. Albert that a proposed project by Habitat for Humanity has been planned for an area of Akinsdale. At first word of this my wife and I had no comment as we believed this would not affect us, but as time wears on we have come to realize that this is an issue that will affect all St. Albert residents.

My family and I are homeowners in a new development in Kingswood.

We moved our family and business to St. Albert so our children could have what we believed would be a better upbringing. The list of amenities made the decision easy; some examples are good schools and programs (not so crowded), low crime, a higher standard of living, great recreational possibilities and numerous other aspects. Every example owes itself to one major factor: high or above-average income.

The average family income for St. Albert is higher than in Edmonton or any other area municipality. We moved to St. Albert because we can afford it and we deserve it. This is a great city with great families. We feel comfortable joining in activities we would not have considered in Edmonton.

This development is a bad idea for St. Albert for both current residents and the people who will occupy the new development. Current residents will have to deal with the likeliness of children influenced by crime in our schools and adults in our community. Our cost of living will increase as we will have to pay for low-income subsidies due to higher school fees or other taxes. We won’t feel comfortable taking our kids to activities like movie night in the park or other St. Albert events for fear that there will be unruly families. We can assure each other that measures will be taken to prevent this influence, but that’s not what we want.

We don’t want a police presence at family outings. We don’t want to worry about drugs at elementary schools or gang fights at the high schools. We don’t want to worry about people speeding, possibly hitting our kids, or having to increase our police force. What we want is for St. Albert to remain as it is with very few low-income households, a place for families that work hard to live here. You can say we will screen to make sure those families won’t make the cut, but there is no level of pre-screening that will prevent some form of crime from infiltrating the proposed development. It will happen, guaranteed.

This will start a landslide of things that will turn southeast St. Albert into a low-income area instead of middle class. Low-income families will have difficulty up-keeping the proposed development, and in turn it will bring down the value of the surrounding houses. This sounds unjustified; look at some of the Habitat for Humanity developments in Edmonton where this has already occurred.

This development will be hard for the families moving in. Being low income will make it difficult for children to be accepted in local schools. Like it or not, the children of St. Albert are high-standard children and have no place for low-income classmates. When we first moved to St. Albert our teen had a hard time fitting in because of money and it was hard on him. Now he is good, but it did not go away with just a loving hug — his status was accomplished once his friends saw our house and other possessions. It sounds cruel but that is how it is; ask your children, they will tell you.

Sports activities in St. Albert are another problem area. Sure the base costs are the same as other areas, but the teams here expect more financially from families. In Edmonton there are recreational activities at the YMCA; there are no subsidies for families in St. Albert, nor do we want to pay for it. Our family membership to Servus Place is $1,300 a year plus costs for Fountain Park and other activities, but we can afford it. Putting low-income families in this situation is not reasonable or fair — it would be like giving a new car to someone that can’t afford the gas. They would be better off with a bus pass. I am all for low-income housing in Edmonton. I believe more independent living housing is required in St. Albert and would be better suited than this proposal.
    Chris and Karleena Perry, St. Albert
    Higher-earning families part of St. Albert's appeal | Sag - Letters To The Editor | St. Albert Gazette
    -------------------

In Alberta? Feel like boycotting their ironically named businesses? Here you go.

ALL HEART PROPERTY MAINTENANCE LTD, 371 3 11 BELLEROSE DR, ST ALBERT, AB, T8N 5C9, 780-569-5005, 780-651-6730

All Heart Oilfield Consulting
    Fax (780) 651-6730, St. Albert , AB , T8N 0S4
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; April 6th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Of course they're in Alberta, the texas of Canada. Big hair, cattle, oil, money, bibles and douchiness.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Bless their hearts, they mean well. JFC that is just wow...
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Must suck to be the kids of these assholes right now.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Nomination Number 2

The entire school board, students, parents and community of Itawamba County School DistrictMiss. lesbian attends 'fake prom' as classmates party in secret

By Rogelio V. Solis, AP

Constance McMillen finally attended her senior prom Friday at a country club in Fulton, Miss. But the 18-year-old lesbian who has been in the news says she was duped into attending a "fake prom" while her classmates — with the help of parents — secretly partied elsewhere."They had two proms and I was only invited to one of them," McMillen told The Advocate, a national gay-and-lesbian publication. "The one that I went to had seven people there, and everyone went to the other one I wasn't invited to."
    Last month, the Itawamba County School District refused to allow McMillen to bring a female date to her high school prom and then canceled the event. She went to federal court, and a judge ruled the district had violated her civil rights. But he did not order the district to hold the prom, because a parent-sponsored event was being scheduled away from the school. McMillen said organizers would not give her details, finally telling her to go to the country club Friday night.
    Besides McMillen and her date, the other attendees included two students with learning difficulties.
    "They had the time of their lives," McMillen told The Advocate. "That's the one good thing that come out of this, [these kids] didn't have to worry about people making fun of them."
    Miss. lesbian attends 'fake prom' as classmates party in secret -

Some of the comments from her fellow students here: Where’s Constance? Photos from a Private Prom | La Figa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even worse from her classmates....it's since been taken over by her supporters, but it started off as a group of her classmates posting pics of the prom she was excluded from.

Constance quit yer cryin | Facebook

There are some really intolerant, arrogant fuckwads out there.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

ok, all these people deserve to be paddled. hard. with a paddle studded with big, fat, rusty, tetanus-encrusted nails.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

OMFG I can't understand why they didn't all just go to prom at the country club. What a bunch of closed minded little shits and you know their parents supported this behavior 100%, way to go securing ignorance and intolerance for the future!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Good lord, i clicked this thread almost certain it would be about Jon Gosselin or Michael Lohan, and yet you managed to find people that are much much worse.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    OMFG I can't understand why they didn't all just go to prom at the country club. What a bunch of closed minded little shits and you know their parents supported this behavior 100%, way to go securing ignorance and intolerance for the future!
    Their parents not only supported this kind of behavior, they instilled it, ingrained it into these kids. The kids actually don't know any different - mom, dad, the church, other people in my life said this gay thing is weird/bad/stupid/whatever and because I don't have the guts to stand on my own and have my own opinions, I go along with the agreement produced by the crowd. Small town mentality. Herd mentality.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

yeah, it's not politically correct to be racist (or get caught being racist), but its acceptable to be homophobic. And I guarantee you the special needs students weren't invited to the "other prom" either! back woods pieces of shit!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Damn....just when I thought the definition of doucheosity was named John Mayer.

Nomination Number 3

Delta Airlines

Entire Dog Lost, Delta Offers $200 Credit

By Ben Popken on May 7, 2010 11:00 AM 0 views

Where's Paco? Josiah doesn't know, his girlfriend doesn't know, someone at Delta might know. After all, Delta was supposed to load Josiah's new dog on the same plane that Josiah got on. Paco didn't land with them. Frantic, Josiah called around frantically before being told that Paco was safe and sound, being taken care of by Delta employees, who would put him on the next flight out. Paco wasn't on that one either. More harried calls and Delta told Josiah Paco had "escaped" and the best they could do is refund his $200.00 pet transportation fee, but only as a "credit" for future Delta travel. That doesn't do Josiah any good, as he's vowed to never fly Delta again. Here's his story, and more adorable/sad puppy pictures:
    UPDATE: Delta spokesperson Susan Elliott says, "This is extremely rare for a situation like this to happen. We'll be reaching back out to the customer." Stay tuned.

Hi, my name is Josiah and I recently travelled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with Delta Airlines, and I am so appalled by them I can't stand it. I booked my flights online, and that part went smoothly, but that's the only good part of my traveling with them. I flew out of Detroit Metro in the early morning of April 24th 2010, and flew to Atlanta to catch a transfer which would take me to Puerto Vallarta. After arriving about an hour late and having to run to catch my plane, they said that they weren't boarding any more passengers, but were taking an extra fifteen minutes to load all the baggage on the plane. When we arrived in Puerto Vallarta I was informed that, along with most people who were on the original flight from Detroit, my baggage never left the Atlanta airport, and I had to wait until the next day to receive all of my clothes and necessities for traveling. Now, while I know that this isn't too out of the ordinary, and that airlines have baggage delayed quite commonly, the next issue is one that is completely unacceptable and should never happen regardless of circumstances. When in Mexico, my girlfriend and I rescued a stray dog which our hosts said had been seen all over the town. We took him to the vet's, got him all of his shots, an eye infection treated, two baths to clean him from hundreds of dog ticks that were covering his whole body, and gave him the name Paco. After this treatment at the vet clinic, we had to spend multiple additional hours picking more ticks from his body. We soon discovered that this dog was a very lucky find, and that it would be loyal and friendly to my girlfriend and I. It would walk by my side along the beach and along the sidewalks, went to the washroom outside, didn't bark at cars or other dogs, and would sleep on the bed next to us curled up in a ball quite contently. My girlfriend and I were both very excited to take him back home to Canada with us, and we quite readily paid for an airline approved pet carrier and the costs associated with checking a pet on an airplane to travel as baggage, as he was too big to be taken as carry-on.
    Everything went smoothly traveling with AeroMéxico from Puerto Vallarta to Mexico City, where we had a five hour layover. We took the dog out so he could go to the bathroom and stretch his legs in-between our flights, and two hours before we departed from Mexico City to Detroit Metro we checked him with Delta for the flight. It took us a whole hour to check the dog because Delta said that the pet carrier we purchased was not big enough, despite the vet who treated the dog saying it was large enough, and it meeting all the criteria such as the dog being able to turn around and stand up. We spent the hour trying to convince the Delta employee that the carrier was large enough, and after seeing two separate supervisors, we had to sign a waiver saying that if my dog Paco received any injuries as a result of the size of the carrier, that Delta Airlines was not responsible.
    After the fiasco of the size of the carrier being an issue, they assured us that Paco would be alright and transported safely to Detroit. However, when we arrived in Detroit and waited for twenty minutes at the pet claim, we began to suspect that something was wrong. We spent two hours in the Detroit Metro Airport trying to sort out what had happened to our dog, and we were told that it was never loaded on the plane in the first place, and that it was forgotten in Mexico City but would be cared for by Delta employees and walked, fed, watered, and would be sent on the next flight to Detroit, and then get delivered to my house in Ontario, Canada.
    When I called Delta the following day to ask if Paco had been flown to Detroit yet, no one seemed to have any answers or have any idea about the location of my dog. I was shocked. I had been told explicitly that my dog was being cared for in Mexico City by Delta until he could be flown and delivered to me, and now they were telling me that they didn't know where my dog was. I had my host in Mexico call the Mexico City Airport to get some answers, and she spent hours being transferred from person to person, each one having no idea what happened to my dog, she was finally told that my dog had somehow escaped from the carrier and disappeared. I do not believe for a second that Paco escaped from his carrier. It was a very secure hard plastic pet carrier with two locks and a metal wire door, and there is no way a small dog (he looked like a mix of a wiener dog and a jack russell) could scratch or break his way out of it.
    If indeed he did somehow manage to escape from the carrier, why would I not have been informed of this in the first place? I was told that he was accounted for and being cared for in Mexico City, then that no one had any idea where he was, and then that he had escaped from the carrier.
    There is no excuse for this kind of situation to take place, and I expect that when you pay to have a live animal flown with you to take him home, that Delta Airlines would take every precaution and action needed to make sure that is what happens. My dog is likely either still in his carrier in a corner, having not eaten or drank for over 48 hours, or he is lost in the Mexico City Airport terrified and starving.
    The only thing Delta has tried to do to rectify this situation is offering their apology and refunding the cost for transporting a pet ($200.00USD) in a credit to be used with Delta Airlines. I think that this is completely absurd as there is no chance of me flying with Delta Airlines again.
    That really sucks, Josiah. At the very least, Delta should give that $200 as a full refund. And as commenter tungstencoil points out, try asking them to return to you the dog carrier. It's your property, and making them produce it could force some honesty out of the situation. We've reached out to Delta for comment.
    Entire Dog Lost, Delta Offers $200 Credit - The Consumerist

Man...I remember the first time I encountered something like this. I was talking to the mother of one of my son's friends...

Me:Oh, *name* goes to *name of school*? I hear they're supposed to be very good.

Her: Hmmph, the test scores should be a LOT higher considering the demographic.

Me: Pardon?

Her: Well, with all the rich kids going to that school, you'd think the scores would be higher. Right now they're just a little above average.

Me: I..uh...hmm...bye.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information