Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An illustrated history of Scientology

Default An illustrated history of Scientology

I'm sure people have seen this before - YTMND - An Illustrated History of Scientology - but it's a really funny description of what Scientologets really believe
    Last edited by michaelchance; November 5th, 2009 at 02:27 AM.

A*O

Makes total sense to me. I'm going to sign up today.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I wonder... Surely they don't believe in that crap? Maybe they do drogs and have orgies, maybe that's why it's popular.
    "Well isn't that special"

Oh man what a great movie and here I am sans popcorn!! I love the fable of Scientology, so good. I love South Park's whole play on it too with John Travolta and Tommy Boy.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG5QBuKAlZg[/YOUTUBE]
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Just...dayem. I can see how people can believe in most major world religions...but this shit...dayem.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I laughed at this as I was watching it because it is so damn ridiculous. It is so pathetic that people actually believe this shit,and get sucked into these types of cults.

I can understand a couple of drunk bums believing this - maybe. It's straight out of a sci-fi comic book.

Check this out:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgqKA3w6T2U&feature=related[/youtube]

About halfway through, Mike Rinder is interviewed. At that time, he was the chief spokesman for Scientology. He left the church a few years ago because of this:

In March 2007, Rinder was sent to defend Scientology from John Sweeney, who was filming a BBC documentary titled Scientology and Me. Rinder defended Scientology leader David Miscavige, but Miscavige was unhappy with the documentary. As a result, Rinder "was to report to the church's facility in Sussex, England, and dig ditches" and then was allowed to return to the United States. Rinder decided to ride the subway to East Grinstead, in Sussex touring one of his favorite cities and then decided to leave the church. Rinder went to Virginia and told the church he wanted to talk to his wife and also wanted his stuff. He did not talk to his wife, but was sent a FedEx package with a check for $5,000, but his family photos were not sent. Rinder and his wife Cathy of 35 years divorced, and has no contact with his two adult children. Rinder's official biography has since been removed from the official Church of Scientology website.
    In 2009, St Petersburg Times asked Rinder for an interview, but he declined. Then a month later, two Washington-based Scientology lawyers went to his home unannounced, informed Rinder that they knew about the newspaper's visit and asked what he had revealed. Subsequently, he spoke to the Times about Scientology's management and repeated beatings he gave as well as received. The interviews became part of the paper's "The Truth Run Down" special issue. Rinder said he was speaking out because "I don't want people to continue to be hurt and tricked and lied to."
    In October 2009, Rinder and Marty Rathbun revealed to the St. Petersburg Times how Scientology silenced critics, such as Bob Minton, by digging into personal details and secretly recording conversations. Rinder told the Times: "There were things that, really, he was worried about and had caused problems for him in the investigation that we had done" and Minton and church reached a private settlement. Rinder, who left the church in 2007, now considers Minton a friend.
    Mike Rinder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Wiseguy; November 6th, 2009 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Added video.

A*O

It's just beyond my comprehension that apparently sane, normal, reasonably intelligent people actually believe this utter bollox. It really is straight out of a really bad 1950s sci fi B movie. You could argue that people with more mainstream religious beliefs are equally deluded but it seems to me that they at least try to offer something to society in return by living a "good" life if nothing else. Co$bots offer NOTHING; but take everything, including their zombie followers $$$$$$.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

this would be a good movie
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

I want to break in and get my hands on the celebrity files, and then blackmail "the church", and that's our movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I want to break in and get my hands on the celebrity files, and then blackmail "the church", and that's our movie.
    I guess there would be only a list fo homosexual fantasies that Tom has.

^Well if that's the case we can publish them as erotic stories and still make some money ^

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    ^Well if that's the case we can publish them as erotic stories and still make some money ^
    Hah, you can only win with this plan!

^Oh and lets wear leather catsuits! When eles can you wear them? And HQ is in LA so we can do some sightseeing as well. Who's with me? ^

Eh.

Scientology isn't any weirder than most major religions.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information