Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muffin tops

Default Muffin tops

A-list Search: Muffin tops - Muffin tops

Muffin tops are, according to Bing:
    The way some say singers Jessica Simpson and Vanessa Hudgens roll. Don't believe us? Check out these muffin-specific searches: Simpson and Hudgens.
    Part of a promotional video for LifeSavers. Isn't it sweet?
    What a muffin man character sells in an episode of "Seinfeld." Now, what to do with the stumps?
    Yummy baked goods. Some recipes.
    Those yummy baked goods also might play a part in creating the rolls of flesh around waists that also go by the same name. Several people get credit for coining the term.
    A popular song. Find out who sings it.
    How common are muffin tops? A study found that half the women in Great Britain are carrying excess weight around their waistlines. More.
    As a result, some possessors of muffin tops learn to be masters of disguise. Some go for billowy outfits; others employ shapewear. Some tips on concealment.
    Others don't seem to mind letting it all hang out. Take a gander.
    Women aren't the only ones with muffin tops, of course. Men have them, too. And even -- if you really stretch the definition -- cats. Take a look.
    But disguises go only so far. The best way to deal with a muffin top -- for your health and your looks -- is to get rid of it. Cut back on the calories; up the aerobic exercise.
    And do exercises designed to firm and shape that flabby middle. (Make sure you see your doctor before you start a weight loss/exercise program.) Here are some to get you started.

ugh. i hate muffin tops. seriously, there is no excuse. cover that shit up and buy clothes that fit.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

gawd how ridiculous!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

When are people going to figure out that the super low rise jeans create muffin tops on most mortals, even when you are not fat. I really don't understand how this trend became so popular? Agreed, lower rise jeans look much better than mom jeans. But, you have to get the super low rise jeans so tight so they don't fall off, they just look awful on most people. I'd love to be in on the first fashion design meeting....hmm, we need a new take on women's jeans, anyone has any good ideas? Well, nothing is sexier than plumber butt and guts that hang over the waistband!
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

When I was a teenager, there was no way any of us would ever be caught showing that junk off. We would have been way too embarrassed.

I always wondered why they would walk around like that, thinking they wouldn't want anyone to see something like that, let alone the opposite sex, until I asked a few teenage guys about the roll and it didn't seem to phase any of them. In my day, guys would have laughed and teased us merciless.

What about men? They walk around with no tops on in the summer, that is worse

This poor girl does not have a muffin top, she has a damn beer belly.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    When are people going to figure out that the super low rise jeans create muffin tops on most mortals, even when you are not fat. I really don't understand how this trend became so popular? Agreed, lower rise jeans look much better than mom jeans. But, you have to get the super low rise jeans so tight so they don't fall off, they just look awful on most people. I'd love to be in on the first fashion design meeting....hmm, we need a new take on women's jeans, anyone has any good ideas? Well, nothing is sexier than plumber butt and guts that hang over the waistband!
    i don't think it's the fault of super low-rise jeans. i'm a normal weight, not super thin, and i only wear low-rise jeans because they are the only ones that fit my body. but then i buy jeans that actually fit, and i don't wear them with super short, super tight tops. the problem is women who don't know how to buy clothes that fit them right and have no clue what flatters their figures. if these same women were to buy higher-waisted jeans, you can be sure they'd be sporting camel toe and would have the back seam so far up their butts they'd have camel toe in the back as well. and then they'd probably tuck their shirts in, thinking they could pull off the look.

it's hard work finding jeans that fit you right and flatter your body. it takes me ages to find good jeans, unless i buy the same model in different colours. it's like finding a bra that fits right - another thing most women don't know how to do, given the amount of times a day i see women with visible bra lines and back fat.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gawd, just saw a muffin top yesterday at the store and was like OMG SERIOUSLY. It was BAD. How this chick was even able to breathe and/or function is beyond me....

What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think it's the fault of super low-rise jeans. i'm a normal weight, not super thin, and i only wear low-rise jeans because they are the only ones that fit my body. but then i buy jeans that actually fit, and i don't wear them with super short, super tight tops. the problem is women who don't know how to buy clothes that fit them right and have no clue what flatters their figures. if these same women were to buy higher-waisted jeans, you can be sure they'd be sporting camel toe and would have the back seam so far up their butts they'd have camel toe in the back as well. and then they'd probably tuck their shirts in, thinking they could pull off the look.

it's hard work finding jeans that fit you right and flatter your body. it takes me ages to find good jeans, unless i buy the same model in different colours. it's like finding a bra that fits right - another thing most women don't know how to do, given the amount of times a day i see women with visible bra lines and back fat.
    I agree word for word with your post. I too buy low rise jeans because they fit great. If you buy clothes that actually fit, there shouldn't be that big of a problem. Unfortunately a lot of people believe that if they can stuff their ass into a size 6, 8, 10, whatever size jean then they are that size. Some seem oblivious that stuffing themselves into too small clothing actually makes them look larger. And i just don't understand why so many people want to show off their belly in a belly shirt.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

Yeah, exactly. I live in low-rise jeans, and while I've always had a squishy belly, I've never sported a muffin top, even back in my chubby teenage days. It's all about getting the right jean size/fit, and combining them with appropriate tops.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I've never heared it being called that before.

Why don't people just get bigger pants? With all that sticking out you look bigger than you are.
    "Well isn't that special"

It's called Vanity. For most people, the important thing is telling others that you're a size 4 or a 6 - even if you have to lie flat on your bed and yank the zipper up on the jeans with an industrial strength crane. God forbid you should have to admit to your friends that you're a size 10. Why do you think that designers have changed the sizing of their clothes?

If some of the women pictured above could see themselves from the rear, perhaps they'd get the dose of reality that the rest of us are seeing.

Elite Member

Even Mom jeans look better than that. Way better.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information