Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanna feel old?

Default Wanna feel old?

Wanna Feel Old?

Some of this even makes me feel kind of old.

__________________________________________________ __________
    Today’s anecdote has been sent in by a guy called David Love, who explains…

My daughter of 9 and I were watching Ghostbusters on TV the other day and she commented that the movie looked old and asked when it was made and I told her in the late 80’s.

She Replied. “Yeah, I could tell it was from the 19’s.”

That really hit hard.

Oh dear. Ten years ago we were in a completely different century. And the kids are starting to pick up on this. The only way to not feel old is to make sure the kids don’t learn to talk.
    __________________________________________________ __________

I had quite a laugh today when Jeff Pruys emailed in with…

Saved by the Bell started 20 years ago

Zach Morris’s cell phone weighed 8lbs and he was the only kid in school that had one.

Fantastic! I was more of a Student Bodies person. When was that? Twelve years ago?! Oh, we’re all so old

__________________________________________________ ____________

Blink 182, eh? Or “blink-182” as some people like to call them. They’ve been going on for some time now. The first album, Cheshire Cat, was released fifteen years ago.

Josie and Dammit, from the album Dude Ranch didn’t exist until twelve years ago.

But, even if you didn’t get into them until more popular songs like What’s My Age Again, All The Small Things or Adam’s Song - let me remind you that all of those were released…

…ten years ago. You old person, you.

DAMN!!!!! I am old!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Elite Member

I knew I was old the day I found out they were re-releasing Dirty Dancing on its 20th anniversary.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Fuck. I'm an Electrical Engineer in Law School and one of my study buddies is an MD and we're about the same age. We work fulltime and go to school in the evening. The rest of the boys in our study group are younger, don't work, and we're in our mid/late twenties and the only ones who remember such things or even older (two of the topics forementioned were discussed before we studied at one of the younglings homes one of these past holidays... we felt ancient).

I had to laugh hard though when an 18-year-old girl I met a few days ago asked whether I was 17 or 18, lol.

I remember my dad's cell in the Saved by the Bell days had to be carried around in some sort of briefcase because the battery was insanely large.

“Yeah, I could tell it was from the 19’s.”
    haha, that's good.

Good but scary/sad.

Wtf ever, Ghostbusters has held up remarkably well and is still funnier than 90% of the shit made now, thanks to good story, dialogue, and plot
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Wtf ever, Ghostbusters has held up remarkably well and is still funnier than 90% of the shit made now, thanks to good story, dialogue, and plot
    "Sure Grandpa" says my kid
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Enjoy your CG nightmare drivel, says I to kid.

Oh yeah, enjoy the Hannah Montana plague too.

right, and the Jonas Brothers disease...

Zac Effron's gaybo hair that every pimply kid has now...

I can keep going LOL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ Shit, I am not even that old at all and these listed quite a few classic things. Wow, times really flies..I loved Saved By The Bell. Goodtimes.

I feel old enough to wonder if i should be up this late.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

The first time I felt old was at a friend's house last year. My friend was having game night, so he invited people over. One of the people invited brought her younger sister. We were playing this game where you had to fill in the words to a catch phrase or theme song, and the girl's younger sister had to fill in the words to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song. She had no idea what the Fresh Prince of Bel Air even was. We all laughed about it until we realized she was born in 1994.

I'm starting to feel "old" when I am at my university. There are "kids" in my class that were born in the early 90's, it totally makes me feel old because I remember the 80's and they weren't even a "thought" yet.

Oh and I felt older too during this past election because I remember watching the entire Clinton v. Bush Sr. election...... it doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

This stuff only made me feel 'old' because my kids watched it. Yeah...my kids. My GROWNASS KIDS.

I felt older (and pissed, too) when my niece-in-law didn't know who Richard Nixon was. Didn't even know who Robert Kennedy was! HOW do you get out of school not knowing this shit?? At least by name recognition?

Ghostbusters still rocks the house.
    Look, sweetheart, I can drink you under any goddamn table you want, so don't worry about me.-"Martha", Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

I thought The Breakfast Club and The Karate Kid was the shiznit as they say. I still can't fathom the popular teen idols I loved back then are now in their 40's.

Rock the fuck on!

^^Yeah they're my age. I'm depressed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information