Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salma Hayek looks fit and healthy in Beverly Hills, Calif. (12/11/07)

Gold Member

Oh get over it already, its sick yeah BUT that's the world we live in now. She don't have to worry anymore about vanity issues, she's marrying a billionaire. Its survival of the fittest and she has a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffMaker View Post
    Oh get over it already, its sick yeah BUT that's the world we live in now. She don't have to worry anymore about vanity issues, she's marrying a billionaire. Its survival of the fittest and she has a long way to go.
    Oh give it up, she looks phenomenal for having given birth a few months ago! I'm sure she's wealthy enough to take care of herself and just because she has money doesn't mean she doesn't want to look nice. I love Salma, she looks gorgeous here.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Gold Member

The point obviously flew past you. So just for you and any future posters, I give up.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Oh give it up, she looks phenomenal for having given birth a few months ago!
    What I don't understand is why, for some people, the expectations of a 'new mother' are so low that anyone who doesn't need their own zip code looks 'phenomenal' after giving birth. I've seen plenty of moms carrying newborns and infants who still manage to put on some makeup and they look quite thin. A lot of it has to do with age at the time of pregnancy, body type, weight gained during pregnancy, etc. Also, some women just cease to give a shit about their appearance at all once they have kids (I know that isn't everyone) and continue to use the pregnancy excuse until their kids are five. Some people care more than others about their looks, period, and I don't think that women who actually want to return to their previous hotness should be considered bad mothers. God forbid they give a flying fuck about themselves now that they're mothers, jeez.

For the record, I've always admired Salma's beauty and figure. I'm just not holding my breath on seeing her in Dusk Til Dawn form ever again.

And I'm tired of 'size 0' being the new all encompassing synonym for thin or slender. If I had 25 or so lbs left over from pregnancy I'd want to lose it to get bqack to my normal size 4, not a zero which I think is actually not sexy or attractive at all.

Get over it already? Jeez.

I'm just saying---I think she looks fine. Does she look fabulous and hot? No, but she had a child recently. She looks pretty, and she will lose the rest of the weight. I'm talking about the pressure to lose ALL the weight and more within a short span of time.

Wow. Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I think she looks like a new mother. She should be worried about her child and not losing weight at the moment. Salma has never been tiny, she's always had a nice curves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I think the obsession with getting down to a size 0 after having a baby is sick. Salma will lose the weight. She's doing it the right way. It's much healthier. I think we should leave new mothers alone.
    I totally agree - I've always been a fan of Salma, but this cult of getting rid of all baby-weight in the first month/6 weeks is against nature. You gain the weight so that you don't fall majorly underweight while breast feeding; we're just lucky to live in a society where there aren't any food shortages.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffMaker View Post
    So she's marrying him because he's a billionaire? Or because she'll get free clothes?]
    I really don't think that she's short of a bob or two, and sometimes people can actually fall in love with a wealthy man.
    Free Charmed.

Gold Member

Got Dammit? These people aren't working in Walgreens for 9 bucks. These people appearance determines whether their paycheck is 10mill. Fyck! Yeah she may have "fell in love" with a wealthy man. That's damn near every womans dream. So she's engaged to a billionaire......the pressure of appearance for a check isn't "heavy" on her as much. Dammit people, there's a mental blockage with a few of you. Damn!

^ Well, I just don't think we care as much about the subject matter as you do.

You seem to be way out there and really concerned with it.

Nope, no blockage here.... and I would have thought that if women are only after a guy for his money, that the pressure to maintain a perfect face/physic/nails/etc would be higher rather than lower....

Unless of course he loves her for her brain....... but that would never happen.
    Free Charmed.

^Actually, Salma's very intelligent, and very funny and charming.

Either way. If she's happy.....I have no problem with it. I'd marry a guy for money.

The title says "Salma Hayek looks fit..." All I'm saying is this isn't what I would
    consider 'fit'. She looks healthy, but certainly not fit. I don't expect her to be
    a size zero either right after birth, or ever for that matter.

Depends on your defenition of Fit I guess.... don't forget that not everyone who posts here lives in the USA.
    Free Charmed.

My definition of 'fit' wouldn't involve an obvious large stomach bulge.
    I like curves, but hers are not in the right places in these pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Depends on your defenition of Fit I guess.... don't forget that not everyone who posts here lives in the USA.
    True, I think that in the UK 'fit' is a colloquial synonym of 'hot'...we need to ask the original writer of the title what they meant!
    In my head - I'm not a native speaker - I see it more like a synonym of 'athletic' I think?

So according to this, personally I wouldn't say Salma looks hot or fit in these pictures...my title would be 'looks healthy and wise enough not to drop her baby weight in a couple of weeks', better for her and her health that she's taking her time.

Anyway, the dictionary says:
    FIT: in good physical condition; in good health

So my definition was wrong

Gold Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    The title says "Salma Hayek looks fit..." All I'm saying is this isn't what I would
    consider 'fit'. She looks healthy, but certainly not fit. I don't expect her to be
    a size zero either right after birth, or ever for that matter.
    OMG THANK YOU! Somebody has a brain in Gossip Rocks! Damn you just made my day!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information