Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicole Richie in shorts and trendy boots in West Hollywood (08/08/08)

I think she looks pretty normal and almost healthy here, actually.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Nicole needs to eat a sandwich. Everyday. Regular meals are good. She should try them.

I like Nicole...she just looks...so...thin...and unhealthy...Whenever I see a picture of her with her daughter I think...your daughter probably weighs more than you do...

But, she does look good here. I hope she keeps it up. She needs a bit of fat on her.

Dear God do we really have to have an ana-festo every time some one says that some one is too skinny?
    Free Charmed.

Bahaha... Ana-festo.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    This could be any of those skanks. She looks like MK.
    uuuuuuuughhh !!
    hate to see your comments under every picture! you have nothing else to do?
    what on earth have they done to be called a skank?
    i am pretty sure you are the biggest skank on earth who is jealous of every other woman alive.
    give up!!
    if you hate them so much dont spend your time on gossiprocks or perezhilton !
    you are such a loser! dont be jealous of everything they have but yu dont!

Quote Originally Posted by eva_laila View Post
    uuuuuuuughhh !!
    i am pretty sure you are the biggest skank on earth who is jealous of every other woman alive.
    give up!!

BAN BUS COMING THRU!

uuuuuuuughhh !!
    give up!!
    haha! I see you read the rules before you joined "Excessive/repeated trolling. Failure to maintain overall good fellowship/camaraderie, and/or if you are consistently unpleasant, malicious, or personally attack other members. Skirting around this rule by not mentioning a member's username will not be tolerated." - Plus as she's a long-time poster and you're a newbie why are you suggesting that she go to Perez Hilton, etc?
    Free Charmed.

uuuuuuuughhh !!
    give up!!
    WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

MK, is that you?

Where oh where is the Ban Bus?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by lienka View Post
    Typical reaction. Nicole Richie is slim but you people always make it sound like she's the skeletal disaster. She used to look really sickly but not anymore imo. I’ve been naturally slender person my whole life and no matter what I eat I won’t gain weight. I’m tired of people that think I’m anorexic and tell me I should gain weight. Anorexia is serious mental illness. How would you feel if people constantly commented your weight indicating you are mentally ill? The worst thing is mainly people that obviously have weight problem do it. If I tell they should might their own weight and do something about it, I’m the rudest person under the sun or ana. Isn’t it double standard? If people have problem I wear XS clothes then I will point out their XL clothes.

The worst thing I'm in a area that literally lives from brainwashing. Even though there’re tendencies to promote fashion friendly body image, majority of the clients are from food industry and they pay big money to influence people. Everyone has to eat and no fashion item can become as popular as some brands of drinks, sweets etc.

Producers know the receipt for success is tons of sugar and lots of unhealthy artificial sweeteners, preservative and other additional stuff. They know how to make these products slightly addictive (sugar, caffeine etc.) just like they know most of the people will gain weight from it.

What do they do? They pay millions to various media institutions to create certain image. They want their customers to think the fact they are fat thanks to their products is all right because it looks healthy and good. Since acceptance is a good way to deal with something, people accept it and keep visiting fast foods, eating excessive amount of food on a daily basis. If somebody is skinny and looks like a person that doesn’t fall into the fast food/hypermarket trap so often, it’s not good.

What is the biggest gun? Tabloids. Newspapers and magazines are so cheap that even their production costs are higher. Who pays it then? Companies. Every article you read is paid advertisement and while some of them are presented like ads, some messages are hidden. That’s why you see stories about anorexic celebs so often. If it’s not an order from movie and music companies, it’s either from fashion or food industry. It’s not a problem to see (often airbrushed!) pics of skinny celebs with ana story on the left site while the junk food ads are the right site just like it's not a problem to see (often airbrush) pics of heavier celebs next to diet aid (pharmaceutical industry is a chapter itself) ads (Colors and placement are important in psychology of advertising that worked greatly for both Hitler and Stalin btw.)

The outcome of it is people ridicule slim people and see either mental illness or drugs (it happens vice versa too) so they can feel better about themselves. At the back of their minds, they realize something it’s wrong every time they drink a Coke and their teeth feel rough or they're wet every time they run the stairs. For one victim of anorexia, there’s thousands of victims of high blood pressure, stroke or diabetes. This board proves how both food industry and fashion industry can celebrate. Skinny people are toothpicks, lollipop heads and anorexia victims while Mary Kate Olsen gains a few pounds while people call her fat and stumpy. The same goes for Britney and others. This is an innocent gossip board but skinny/fat arguments are something people often have to face in real life because plenty of people get caught in fashion/food industry traps and they built two camps. If somebody doesn’t belong to any camp, they look at them and place them according to their body type. Sorry for the nature of this post but I wanted to show my point of view.

I guess I'm mentally ill. I still hope people will learn how to face pressure of media and marketing one day and all sneaky ads and sales will fail.
    I don't know what you look like so obviously I wasn't basing my opinion off of your appearance, more of your obvious way of thinking through your posts here. It is how you come off, and usually your posts are weight related. You seem a little obsessed. Just my opinion.

Regarding people calling you ano by your appearance, I can relate as I am also naturally slim, and yes it can be frustrating when you can't help it... but at the same time I'm not obsessing about weight, grossed out by fat people, and only posting when weight related topics come up. I just don't think it's a healthy attitude. But hey, if that's where your interests lie, whatever, I hope you have a positive self image. But I'm not criticizing you for posting as you please, again, these are just my opinions.

I think Nicole's weight is fine personally, she looks better than she did about a year ago, but is she the image of "healthy" in my eyes? Not really.. There IS is a happy medium, slim does NOT equal healthy. "Stumpy" does NOT equal unhealthy. To me healthy is the result of eating right and exercising, this can look different on different body types but the results are always evident.

You have to realize, that like ourselves, some people are born with a naturally thicker or thinner body type, a different metabolism rate, genetics... you can't assume that just because someone is thicker they are eating junk food and have diabetes. But by the same token, skinny doesn't automatically mean that they are not stuffing their faces with that crap.

Gold Member

I think Nicole looks just fine - much better than pre Harlow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information