Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Natalie Portman @ The Vision Awards in Beverly Hills (10/08/07)

Elite Member

^ ITA. Natalie is flawless in my eyes.

Elite Member

She has said quite a lot of remarkably dumb things over the years, so I really can't say about the intelligence bit; there's more to it than being a good student. Grace, can't say, cute? - not my preferred kind of cute, but that's a matter of taste, I suppose. I haven't seen all that many of her films, but she hasn't impressed me with her acting skills since Leon... and she seems a bit pompous and self-righteous.

And so I find her dull. Don't see the point of comparing her to starlet wannabes, as she isn't a wannabe, she's way out of their league and I don't like them either.

I think they're out of her league.

And we've all said dumb things. My advisor from college knows her (his other advisee was NP's best friend) and has nothing but glowing things to say about her....and my advisor is a hardass.

She was absolutely ADORABLE in Garden State. But anyway. It doesn't matter. Nowadays, nobody wants chicks who aren't trashy.

She's got a great face.

Elite Member

I think they're out of her league.
    I think we might mean the same thing. Don't you say that someone is way out of someone's league when someone 1 is way more talented/hot/skilled/whatever than someone 2? That's how I remember seeing it used, mostly, but English isn't my first language, so I can't always tell. I'm not a fan of Natalie Portman, but I wouldn't compare her unfavourably to Lindsay Lohan and her ilk...

She was absolutely ADORABLE in Garden State. But anyway. It doesn't matter. Nowadays, nobody wants chicks who aren't trashy.
    Haven't seen Garden State, and yes, I do want to see more chicks who aren't trashy in the media - Natalie Portman just doesn't do it for me.

Of course everybody says stupid things. There are different kinds of stupid, though, and the sort that Natalie Portman displays sometimes happens to be one of my least favourite varieties.

So, sorry, I still stick to my opinion - I find her dull!

Quote Originally Posted by thrpschr View Post
    I think we might mean the same thing. Don't you say that someone is way out of someone's league when someone 1 is way more talented/hot/skilled/whatever than someone 2? That's how I remember seeing it used, mostly, but English isn't my first language, so I can't always tell. I'm not a fan of Natalie Portman, but I wouldn't compare her unfavourably to Lindsay Lohan and her ilk...

Haven't seen Garden State, and yes, I do want to see more chicks who aren't trashy in the media - Natalie Portman just doesn't do it for me.

Of course everybody says stupid things. There are different kinds of stupid, though, and the sort that Natalie Portman displays sometimes happens to be one of my least favourite varieties.

So, sorry, I still stick to my opinion - I find her dull!
    I guess...yes, me being high on cold medicine, yes SHE is out of THEIR league.

But I suppose anyone seems "dull" next to half-naked hoochies in sexy poses.

Positives: She's really pretty and I think her smile is very cute. The hair and make-up are great.

Negatives: I HATE the tan. Plus, I still don't think she looks like Audrey Hepburn (aside from having brown hair and brown eyes), even when she's blatantly imitating her. I hope Natalie has moved past her pretentious phase now, because I want to be able to like her again.
    "Facts are the enemy of truth."
    - Miguel Cervantes, "Don Quixote"

Hoochies ARE dull to me. For one thing, there are too many of them. You probably can't walk five feet in Hollywood without tripping over some chick desperate enough to have her picture taken that she'll let her snatch hang out of her kleenex-looking dress. Hoochies don't seem to know how to be anything else if they wanted to. GIRLS GONE BORING.

This includes almost all of young Hollywood and over half of the "old". That is why Natalie Portman is a breath of fresh air and not dull at all.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She's kind of cute/pretty, but I think she has an awful smile. There's something about her face that reminds me of Julia Roberts.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Elite Member

Hoochies ARE dull to me. For one thing, there are too many of them. You probably can't walk five feet in Hollywood without tripping over some chick desperate enough to have her picture taken that she'll let her snatch hang out of her kleenex-looking dress. Hoochies don't seem to know how to be anything else if they wanted to. GIRLS GONE BORING.

This includes almost all of young Hollywood and over half of the "old". That is why Natalie Portman is a breath of fresh air and not dull at all.
    They're all dull!

Talking

She does seem to be in love with the self-tanner these days...
    *Veni, Vidi, Ven...iiiiiiiii!!!*
    (I came, I saw, and I came again)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information