Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Legends of Rock, 40 years later

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    This isn't going to be popular with everyone but I have to admit, I just cannot get into Van Halen. I get that Eddie's a guitar virtuoso but aside from that they really suck imo. Don't kill me.
    Nah. I get it. They were the "It" band in the early 80's. Then David Lee left and Sammy joined and their songs with him in the mid 80's were good but all sounded the same. But yeah...I get where you're coming from.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Those pics must've been taken before David Lee Roth got clipped with the mic on his face. Right before the band took the stage, Roth was spinning the mic around and it whizzed past his head and clipped his nose really hard but the tv viewers didn't see it, Kimmel showed the tape of it happening the next night. So during Van Halen's performance David Lee's nose was beet red with a band aid over it.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    This isn't going to be popular with everyone but I have to admit, I just cannot get into Van Halen. I get that Eddie's a guitar virtuoso but aside from that they really suck imo. Don't kill me.
    I can't stand Van Halen. Sure, Eddie can play the guitar, but their songs are annoying and soulless, with stupid lyrics, and they essentially all sound the same. It's annoying how much airplay they get on classic rock stations. I don't mind I'll Wait, but otherwise I always change the station. I can't listen to that crap.

I'm with you guys. And David Lee Roth is such a horse's ass. They were discovered by Gene Simmons, who sucks balls musically as well.

And I think Sammy Hagar is much more talented than Roth, although he didn't really do anything to improve VH. But the guy can sing. 'Your love is driving me crazy' always kind of reminded me of the Tubes, its a good song and some of the stuff he did with Montrose was pretty good for what it was. And on that note Ronnie Montrose was a great guitar player, really diverse. He's the guitarist on van Morrison's tupelo honey album.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

i'm no van halen fan, either. i see sammy hagar around here all the time and he always looks cranky. not happy/perky like he appears in the photos above.

I love original Van Halen and Gene Simmons too!

Yep David totally had leadsingeritist but the man could put on a show. Fair Warning is just top to bottom a great rock record.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I like Beth and Ice Cream Man. There's a few original VH and Kiss songs I'll leave on the radio if they come when I'm in the car. Oh, and Ain't Talkin 'bout Love, like that shit. But not Sammy Hagar, I can't get into any of his shit.

"The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

All my friends thought Eddie was so hot back in the day. I thought he was homely, something about his teeth turned me off. His bite. Whenever their music comes on I change station. One day my twenty something kid asks me who the band was on the radio, when I told him VH he said "yeah, that lead singer...that screech he does in every song is super annoying". LOL

As far as Sammy goes, looks good. Only song of his I ever liked was "I can't drive 55" which I sang to my mother over the phone on her 55th birthday. She thought I was high as hell but I wasn't
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Drive-by poster

I fucking loved Diamond Dave, he was so OTT, great showman. I thought it was funny how none of the band could stand him, and I wouldn't want to be in a room with him, but I liked to watch him in videos.

Hot for Teacher is my favoritest ever.

I honestly don't really know any of Hagar's work.

All I can say about Eddie's looks was that he was good-looking enough to get Valerie Bertinelli - one of my favorite women of the 1970s/80s (need to go back and update thread).

I loved David Lee Roth 1.0. Loved his singing with Van Halen. A showman to the 100th degree. Loved "Jamie's Cryin'", "And the Cradle will Rock", "Running with the Devil", "Panama", "Hot for Teacher".

I loved some Kiss songs, too. "Rock and Roll All Night", "Beth", "Tears are Falling", "All Hell's Breaking Loose"
    gas_chick and holly like this.

A*O

I never really liked any of the 80s Rock/Hair bands. They all sound and look exactly the same to me. I loved Police (still do) but they were a different genre.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Kiss is the fucking worst, sorry. The WORST, I tell ya!
    A*O likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I was never a Van Halen fan either but I always got a kick out of their "Jump" video, yeah Dave was cheesy as hell but I dunno, they seemed to be having so much fun with it.

Beeyotch and MohandasKGanja like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

And speaking of the Police, I felt the same about this video, just some cute young goofy guys pretending they know how to dance. Stewart Copeland is hysterical.

Beeyotch likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I was never a Van Halen fan either but I always got a kick out of their "Jump" video, yeah Dave was cheesy as hell but I dunno, they seemed to be having so much fun with it.

Roth was in great shape back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    And speaking of the Police, I felt the same about this video, just some cute young goofy guys pretending they know how to dance. Stewart Copeland is hysterical.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aENX1Sf3fgQ

I recently watched a documentary on them. Sheesh, they hated each other's guts! Andy was always the man in the middle, but even he couldn't stand Sting from time to time.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information