Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kim Kardashian With Sister Kourtney on Miami Beach, (01/23/08)

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^^People have been walking around with implanted devices for a long time now. Metal plates in the head, artificial hips and knees, penis pumps. Not to mention false teeth.Maybe those things are a medical necessity, but so what? It really isn't that foreign a concept is all I'm saying, and I really don't think that a deformed person (with no chin for example) who otherwise functions fully would get too much flack for having a chin implant or whatever they needed to look more 'normal'.

You know what trips me out? 9 times out of 10 when you see someone saying 'yeah, but it's all fake', it's a woman doing the talking. It's almost like they need to say to themselves (and their significant other), "I know you are looking at her thinking she is hot, but I want you to know those aren't real because I'm sure that will change your opinion"........but it never does becasue men are visual and they don't care. It's sort of the male version of "Yeah, I bet he's gay" anytime their woman drools over some hot guy on tv (but let's be honest, men don't do so nearly as often). I've noticed that if there is a really hot woman (and I don't mean merely pretty, I'm talking hot in a very primitive sexually appealing to men way), women can't wait to tear her down and pick out every little flaw and if they can't find a physical one they start on about how she must be stuck up, a bitch, or a whore (my personal favorite). Yeah, that's why your man's dick got hard looking at her, because she'sa filthy whore. Does that make you feel better?

Men, on the other hand, look at a GQ quality stud with a beautiful face, muscles, expensive car and they don't want to kill him, they want to be him. They wouldn't hesitate to try to make friends with this guy and don't feel to shamed about taking his leftovers,either.

edited to add: I've also noticed that in general men think it is highly unattractive to witness woman being catty (even more unattractive than fake boobs, imagine that!) and they do not call women whores nearly as often as women do. Hmmmmmmm.........
    WOW Crumpet!!! This is the best post that i have seen in a LONG time...and speaking as a man I totally agree!! Cattyness is not pretty ladies! It's SOO much better when a woman can compliment another womans looks...I have no problem looking at a magazine and commenting on a guy if he is good looking or in great shape...hell my girl friend has a few guys that she has Hollywood or Sports "Crushes" on and I have no problem with her talking about how hot they are when she see's them.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Well, thanks. With all this whore talk sometimes I'd swear I'm living in the 1950's. I don't know if other women can do better than that, but I'm sure glad I can. I suppose I can at least partially attribute that to the fact that I'm not in competition with other women......for anything. I refuse to compete because it demeans myself. It's also pretty liberating because it keeps me from having too many of those ugly feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    WOW Crumpet!!! This is the best post that i have seen in a LONG time...and speaking as a man I totally agree!! Cattyness is not pretty ladies! It's SOO much better when a woman can compliment another womans looks...I have no problem looking at a magazine and commenting on a guy if he is good looking or in great shape...hell my girl friend has a few guys that she has Hollywood or Sports "Crushes" on and I have no problem with her talking about how hot they are when she see's them.
    Wasn't it a great post. Crumpets posts normally are though.
    I agree with what you said too, "cattyness is not pretty".

So I don't get it....are you saying my opinion is based on what a man's reaction to this person would be? I was only giving my opinion on certain plastic surgery, and I do personally think her figure looks ridiculous. Too cartoonish, exaggerated, and disproportionate for my taste. Yes, it's possible a woman can have an opinion with it having nothing to do with the Almighty Penis-Bearers out there. The last few posts seem little more than a long-winded way of saying "Jellus Bitter Fattie." I don't get the hostility.

I'm not hostile towards you Manx, and I completely agree that it is possible to be a confident, self assured woman who just happens to not think some other woman is pretty even if everybody else thinks so. That's how I feel about Lindsay Lohan whenever people accuse her non-supporters of just being jealous. She just doesn't have the 'WOW' factor for me, but it absolutely doesn't bother me if everybody else around me thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Like you, I wouldn't appreciate being accused of being catty just for having my own taste and opinion.

What I was really trying to address was all the character assaults and the emphasis on how 'fake' Kim's beauty is. I think it really bothers some people that other people don't detract points for ps. I also happen to believe it especially bothers women that men don't take points off a woman for having ps as long as she looks good to them.

Hit By Ban Bus!

You know what trips me out? 9 times out of 10 when you see someone saying 'yeah, but it's all fake', it's a woman doing the talking......... women can't wait to tear her down and pick out every little flaw and if they can't find a physical one they start on about how she must be stuck up, a bitch, or a whore (my personal favorite).
    Preach it, sister!

Wasn't it a great post. Crumpets posts normally are though.
    Yep.

What I was really trying to address was all the character assaults and the emphasis on how 'fake' Kim's beauty is. I think it really bothers some people that other people don't detract points for ps. I also happen to believe it especially bothers women that men don't take points off a woman for having ps as long as she looks good to them.
    You know what's really funny? Tell any man that a woman's tits/face/ass is fake...9 times out of 10, his response is going to be "so...what's your point? Still looks good to me!" Men are all about the visual from what I've come to know ...they don't care about real vs. PS. If it looks sexy, it's sexy. Simple as that.

Just my observation anyhow.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    You know what's really funny? Tell any man that a woman's tits/face/ass is fake...9 times out of 10, his response is going to be "so...what's your point? Still looks good to me!" Men are all about the visual from what I've come to know ...they don't care about real vs. PS. If it looks sexy, it's sexy. Simple as that.

Just my observation anyhow.
    My husband, a couple childhood guy friends and myself were talking about fake breasts the other day and their response was pretty much.......It's a boob, it's shaped like a boob, it feels like a boob, it works like a boob...so it's a boob. They said there is no such thing as a fake boob unless you can pop it off and back on.
    Silly guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    My husband, a couple childhood guy friends and myself were talking about fake breasts the other day and their response was pretty much.......It's a boob, it's shaped like a boob, it feels like a boob, it works like a boob...so it's a boob. They said there is no such thing as a fake boob unless you can pop it off and back on.
    Silly guys.
    Silly guys, but ya know...they're right! Like Jack Black says in Shallow Hal, "So what if her tits weren't real? I could SQUEEZE 'em, good enough for me!!!"

sidebar: I am now getting mental images now of the mannary gland/fake boob from Meet The Fockers, speaking of "pop-off" boob!

^^^I've always thought 'fake' was a misnomer anyway for implants. It's not like they cut your tits off and stick another pair on there. It's still your breast tissue with your nipple and your skin. The only difference is there is a little bag of salt water under your chest muscle to make it stick out more.

Huh. So are all the guys who claim that in every instance they prefer real breasts to fake lying?

Maybe some are, thinking that it appeases us.....but I am always skeptical when men claim to speak for all men, women for all women. Or even women claiming that all men are the same in terms of their preferences or brain wiring. If all men were just the same in this way, there's no way I would have ever found someone I could stand to marry.

^^I prefer real breast to fake...but would never NOT choose a hot girl because she has implants...it doesn't knock her down in my book unless they look bad

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Huh. So are all the guys who claim that in every instance they prefer real breasts to fake lying?[/
    quote]

Crumpet's response below:
    No, not all, but I think it is important to acknowledge that there is often some cognitive dissonance when it comes to people saying what they like while their behavior and choices indicate otherwise. In my opinion, people will tell you their version of what their idealized self likes, but if you want to know what they really go for look at their actions. This has actually been studied. During a speed dating activity almost all the men put qualities like personality and intelligence at the top of their list, yet in the end their top preferences for women indicated they always picked the prettiest ones, even the ones whose internal traits were not congruent with what the men initially said they preferred(and most of the men all wanted the same few women). See, we like to think that we as humans are waaay more evolved than we really are. Just like women say they value personality and a sense of humor most and they ignore the funny kindhearted dork who gets relegated to permanent friend status while they break their stilletos trying to get the attention of the good looking but arrogant womanizer at the other end of the bar.

Maybe some are, thinking that it appeases us.....but I am always skeptical when men claim to speak for all men, women for all women. Or even women claiming that all men are the same in terms of their preferences or brain wiring. If all men were just the same in this way, there's no way I would have ever found someone I could stand to marry.
    I think it is very wise not to assume there is one viewpoint that is consistent among any group of people. What we are trying to say is that in our experience men do not find the concept of women having ps as offensive as many women do. Does that mean there aren't any men who wouldn't even ask out a woman because she has implants? I'm sure they exist, just as some men don't like short hair on women and some only like blondes and they stick to that. However, I've known men who say they only like long hair on women, then they proceed to foam at the mouth over Halle Berry, cropped hair and all.......because even though they don't like short hair she is beautiful and it looks good on her. I also don't think men, in general, are as picky over our perceived flaws as we are and we make it harder on ourselves by thinking they do. That makes us seem less confident and ultimately less attractive.

I do think that women wished men were more turned off by 'artificial beauty' than they are. I think many women would like to believe that their man couldn't possibly be interested in that bleached blonde inflated bimbo. Truthfully, men are pretty simple creatures so, in general, they tend to look at the big picture or the end result instead of the smaller details. They're not as interested in how we got to be so pretty.

^^^I'm sorry that looked so screwed up but that responding to a quote thing didn't work so well for me. I hope you can tell which parts are mine!

Huh. So are all the guys who claim that in every instance they prefer real breasts to fake lying?

I don't know really Manx. This is just the majority of guys that I've talked to throughout the years. Boobs are boobs, fake or real. Guys are just excited to see a pair. *shrugs*

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information